39

I'll Never Vote for Hillary Clinton

Lash

1  
Reply Fri 12 May, 2017 07:12 am
@hightor,
I think it's something else. I think both parties protect incumbents who carry their water. For these partners in crime, the party effectively shuts out any competition.

When you displease the party, you are 'primaried'. The party pulls in favors from the media for stories that follow their preferred narrative, just as they did in the Clinton / Sanders case.

People are stupid enough to pull a lever based on nothing more than name recognition. Little thought goes into what the person did to cause you to recognize their name.

I think most US elected officials are criminals who deserve jail time. It's like the Cosa Nostra. Some, I'm sure, have committed treason and deserve execution.

This is American politics currently. The media feeding frenzy on Trump right now is at a crazed fever pitch largely because of the media/DNC collusion, but certainly Trump's actions give them plenty of fodder.

Builder

2  
Reply Fri 12 May, 2017 04:41 pm
@hightor,
And that's how so many of the same crowd keep getting re-elected, year after year.

And if they fail to be re-elected, there's corporate positions and lobbying positions awaiting aplenty.

The old revolving door the Don said he'd close.

Lash

1  
Reply Sat 13 May, 2017 05:07 am
I've never read a Snopes summary of a defense against a claim that was packed with so many damning details.

How does the Clinton Foundation flaunt the law and buy them the right to ride roughshod over us? Like this.

http://www.snopes.com/comey-clinton-foundation/

RABEL222

5  
Reply Sat 13 May, 2017 10:08 pm
@hightor,
This is indeed what is wrong with government. Politicians should be removed from office every 8 years. If they havent made their under the table millions in eight years it shows just how incompatent they are.
hightor

4  
Reply Sun 14 May, 2017 08:34 am
@RABEL222,
You know what I'd like to see, and I'm only half joking — picking representatives by lottery, like jury selection.
Lash

1  
Reply Sun 14 May, 2017 09:36 am
@hightor,
Even this is preferable to the current situation. Based on the mood in the US, I believe we'll see a major change in business as usual in American politics in my lifetime...you know, if I live about 15 more years.

Everyone talks about Trump's approval rate. The corrupt MSM doesn't publish the Dem's approval rate: two points above Trump's.
McGentrix

1  
Reply Sun 14 May, 2017 09:48 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

Crooked Hillary's approval would be even deeper in the shitter.

1  
Reply Sun 14 May, 2017 10:01 am
@McGentrix,
Very funny! The republican disapproval rating is 54%.
Democrats disapproval is 50%.

Lash

1  
Reply Sun 14 May, 2017 10:14 am
Polls vary. This poll says Pelosi is the most hated politician, several points below Trump. The GOP fares better than the Dem's...

Since we can't trust polls by media-types anymore, I guess an averaging of polls is the only reasonable way to select arguably believable stats.

https://m.townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2017/02/27/nbcwsj-poll-n2291061

3  
Reply Sun 14 May, 2017 11:15 am
@Lash,
It doesn't matter that the "democrats are less popular." The republicans have control of the administration and congress. What have they accomplished for our country other than trying to repeal ACA?
How did Trump's "ban on Muslims" go?
Lash

1  
Reply Sun 14 May, 2017 11:35 am
@cicerone imposter,
It certainly does matter how unpopular both parties are. You'll want to vote Trump out of office, and the opposition party is too weak to do it.

We need to make some fundamental change to American politics or President Trumps won't be the exception--they'll be the rule.

1  
Reply Sun 14 May, 2017 11:44 am
@Lash,
Not true. All one needs to do is look at the accomplishments of both parties to see who accomplished more for the American people.
http://m.dailykos.com/story/2016/7/31/1555110/-So-What-Have-Republicans-Accomplished
Lash

1  
Reply Sun 14 May, 2017 11:54 am
@cicerone imposter,
Obviously you're correct.

That's why Hillary beat Trump. Well done.