I'll Never Vote for Hillary Clinton

Builder

Sun 7 May, 2017 07:46 pm
@hightor,
You seem to be overlooking the obvious here, hightor. It's not just HRC.

US foreign policy since the 50's has been one-eyed, and brutal. Every president has a lot to answer to, and going on her record while in the sec of state position, we're all eternally grateful that she didn't get to wear the mantle of commander-in-chief.

She conned Prez Obama about Libya's invasion, and he knows it.

She's a tool of the oligarchy. Simple as that. Easily bought.
0 Replies

Lash

Sun 7 May, 2017 08:18 pm
@hightor,
You're right in your speculation that it would have made more sense to leave the Clinton Foundation open, now that neither Clinton is in office. This wonderful fount of fabulous money for the world's impoverished poor could do their charitable work unencumbered by claims of pay for play and corruption.

It'd be a great time to show good works.

If there were any.

They can't raise money because they don't have the presidency to sell off. The Saudis et al don't have anything to buy from the Clintons any longer.

More importantly, the Clintons no longer have power to barter to hold off legitimate investigations that will unravel the facts behind the foundation. They shuttered that whorehouse days after she lost to Trump.

Smile

0 Replies

Lash

Sun 7 May, 2017 08:31 pm
I wonder if anyone will come after them... HRC is starting a PAC. Wonder if that'll attract prosecutorial attention or barter it off. Interesting!
Builder

Sun 7 May, 2017 09:14 pm
@Lash,
Her donors would still want their pound of flesh.

She's not off the hook with them just yet.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Mon 8 May, 2017 09:47 am
@hightor,
Besides all that, the president doesn't write legislagltion; he vetos or signs legislation prepared by congress.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Mon 8 May, 2017 09:48 am
@hightor,
Quote:
You think Sessions will step up to the plate?

Not unless Trump needs a major diversion, or a miracle happens and a Clinton appears to be the Dem standard bearer for 2020.
0 Replies

Lash

Thu 11 May, 2017 06:14 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Bro.

http://observer.com/2017/05/hillary-clinton-lobbied-bangladesh-prime-minister-clinton-foundation-donor/

I think someone finally had the nerve to drop a dime on her.

cicerone imposter

Thu 11 May, 2017 08:07 pm
@Lash,
Wow! Thanks for sharing that article/link. They're not as squeaky clean as I had thought. A big disappointment, because I know that Hillary had spent much of her efforts to help women and children.

From the Observer:
Quote:
This isn’t the first time a Clinton Foundation pay-to-play scheme has come to light. Emails exposed by Wikileaks revealed that Ukrainian billionaire Victor Pinchuk directly leveraged his donations of $10 to $25 million to the Clinton Foundation for access to the Clintons, and the Moroccan government made a deal for a meeting with Hillary Clinton in exchange for their donations to the nonprofit. While Clinton served as secretary of state, she placed Clinton Foundation donor Rajiv Fernando on an intelligence board he held no qualifications to serve on until reporters asking questions forced his resignation days later. Since the Clintons have lost much of their political power after the election, foreign governments have begun reducing or rescinding their annual donations to the foundation, and more revelations from foreign leaders are likely to be exposed now that the political risks for speaking out have diminished.
Lash

Thu 11 May, 2017 08:12 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Every thieving elected elitist fronts with the calculated illusion of public service. Don't feel too bad about falling for it.
RABEL222

Thu 11 May, 2017 09:31 pm
@roger,
Ive been gone for awhile but I am back. The answer to your question is Hillery isent president so dosent affect me. Trump is president and as a crook who is useing the presidency for his and his familys financial gain he does affect me.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Thu 11 May, 2017 09:32 pm
@Builder,
Has this been proven or is it republican cool aid youve been drinking.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Thu 11 May, 2017 09:35 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
So every high power criminal that has ever operated in the US has been indicted?

Of course not, the biggest crook in the U S has just been elected to the presidency.
Builder

Fri 12 May, 2017 01:56 am
@RABEL222,
He hasn't toppled the two Richards yet.
0 Replies

Builder

Fri 12 May, 2017 02:05 am
@Lash,
Quote:
Every thieving elected elitist fronts with the calculated illusion of public service.

She's a lawyer. Like most of Congress. They know where the big money is.
Lash

Fri 12 May, 2017 02:21 am
@Builder,
Exactly. Why would anyone raise millions of dollars to run for an office that "pays" a fraction of that amount?

0 Replies

Lash

Fri 12 May, 2017 02:23 am
@RABEL222,
The biggest crooks are the ones who got Trump elected: the Clintons. They are second to NO ONE.
Builder

Fri 12 May, 2017 03:16 am
@Lash,
The facade was slipping quite some time ago, and I think she realised that.

It's probably a good thing for politics in general, although the way the world is changing, people are beginning to question just why we need all these people.

They aren't actively representing us, but pretending to do it every four years or so. Why are they there? To take bribes off corporate donors?
Lash

Fri 12 May, 2017 03:34 am
@Builder,
In a word, yes.
Builder

Fri 12 May, 2017 03:37 am
@Lash,
It's quite easy to check on the approval rating of Congress for the last ten years. People bang on about the prez's approval rating, which is all about popularity, while ignoring the dismal ongoing Congressional approval, which often hovers around the ten percent mark. This means that only one in ten people think they're doing what they are paid handsomely to do.

If they were a board of directors, they'd be sent packing by the shareholders.
hightor

Fri 12 May, 2017 05:40 am
@Builder,
Quote:
This means that only one in ten people think they're doing what they are paid handsomely to do.

Except that they usually give high marks to their representative. And that's how so many of the same crowd keep getting re-elected, year after year.