I'll Never Vote for Hillary Clinton

georgeob1

Thu 10 Nov, 2016 11:07 am
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:

I haven't heard anybody yet say that, I think we would know better after hearing Trump whine about rigged elections the whole general election season. If anyone bring up the popular vote (me), it is probably just to show Hillary wasn't hated, she wasn't.

There's a lot of political whining out there and it isn't all coming from Trump.

Considering Hillary's long-term prominence in American political life; the incumbent Democrat administration; and the obvious expectations of Democrats and their many sympathetic political prognosticators; as well as the presumed inevitability of her election this year, I would conclude that Hillary's defeat by a political novice is indicative of some prevailing disatisfaction with with her and things as they are, politically. She may not be hated, but she surely isn't loved.
DrewDad

Thu 10 Nov, 2016 11:20 am
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:
She may not be hated, but she surely isn't loved.

"Loved" seems like a pretty high standard to achieve, though.

I suspect there was complacency from the Democrats, and a sense of urgency on the Republicans.

Personally, I thought the talk of the election being rigged would depress the Republican turnout; maybe it depressed the Democratic turnout, instead. (Not throwing stones; just analyzing the effect of what he said.)
0 Replies

Lash

Thu 10 Nov, 2016 11:56 am
http://m.truthdig.com/report/item/why_the_white_working_class_rebelled_neoliberalism_is_killing_20161109

Some reasons why the Clintons are enemies to many people.
cicerone imposter

Thu 10 Nov, 2016 12:12 pm
@georgeob1,
The prevailing dissatisfaction with Hillary is based on ignorance, because Hillary was able to get 20 million more people on health insurance. She has devoted her life to women and children's causes around the world; that should count for a bunch; at least in my books.
She has many failings, and the most pronounced is her trustworthiness which she can blame herself for. Her private email account being the biggest problem. I'm just wondering what secrets, if any, were hacked from her email account, and how anyone or any country can use it to their advantage.

http://www.worldpolicy.org/journal/fall2013/bigquestion
maporsche

Thu 10 Nov, 2016 12:24 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

When does that whole "looking foward" thing you posted about begin?
revelette2

Thu 10 Nov, 2016 12:31 pm
@Lash,
I bet you kick dogs when they're dead too.
Lash

Thu 10 Nov, 2016 12:39 pm
@revelette2,
That's got to top your stupid posts pile, and that's a considerable achievement.
Lash

Thu 10 Nov, 2016 12:40 pm
@maporsche,
I don't recall you posting to my specifications.
georgeob1

Thu 10 Nov, 2016 12:41 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I don't think ignorance of Hillary's actions on health care was a factor in her loss at all. On the contrary I suspect the general public dissatisfaction with the ill conceived and failing Obamacare program contributed to her defeat. She wasn't the author of Obamacare, but she is a well-known architect of an earlier, equally ill-conceived earlier attempt, and is of course still an enthusiastic supporter of the program.

In general I believe a very large segment of American voters is weary of the generally inept government programs, designed by bureaucrats who imagine they know better what is good for us than we do ourselves. Certainly the track record of these programs in meeting their advertised goals is laughably poor.
maporsche

Thu 10 Nov, 2016 12:46 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

I don't recall you posting to my specifications.

I don't know what this means, but if you are wondering what I'm referring to, it's this post from just yesterday.

http://able2know.org/topic/323860-13#post-6300699
Quote:
I'm no longer concerned about Hillary. I guess I'll start a Trump Watch thread.

It sounded like you were moving forward. I was looking forward to that, but I guess I'll have to wait a while longer.
revelette2

Thu 10 Nov, 2016 12:49 pm
@Lash,
Perhaps, but, really, how long are going to go on about Hillary? She lost, end of story.
Lash

Thu 10 Nov, 2016 12:49 pm
@maporsche,
It's not like I'm never going to mention her again, but I suspect it'll dwindle precipitously. I just thought it was a great article for people doing confused postmortems.
0 Replies

revelette2

Thu 10 Nov, 2016 12:54 pm
@georgeob1,
How about we wait and see? If Trump starts talking about repealing Obamacare without a viable plan in place, I bet you anything the honeymoon will collapse before it starts. Most people want Obamacare to go farther, they do not want a capitalist driven health care plan which is more or less what we have now but at least more people have access to it than before. Take all these people off, a lot of people will be mad.

I think what contributed to her defeat was simply the email situation which was way overblown and the thought she was a merely a politician in it for the power and economic gain which Bernie was successful in painting her then tried to erase it which was stupid but admirable.
cicerone imposter

Thu 10 Nov, 2016 01:00 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
In general I believe a very large segment of American voters is weary of the generally inept government programs, ......

I disagree: Most retired Americans would not be living in comfort without social security. I think most agree it must be adjusted by upper tax limits and retirement age, but that's about it.
"goals are laughably poor," because congress fails to act on it. Don't forget; we have a republican majority in congress, but a democratic president. Nothing will happen in the next few months.
I would like to see a republican president and congress take away social security, and repeal Obamacare.

The current enrollment numbers (as of February 2016) are roughly: 12.7 million in the marketplace, and very roughly 20 million total between the ACA between the Marketplace, Medicaid expansion, young adults staying on their parents plan, and other coverage provisions.
0 Replies

Krumple

Thu 10 Nov, 2016 01:16 pm
@revelette2,
There were protests in LA lastnight. Not sure what they were expecting to happen. I wasnt surprised to see it though but its silly.
Finn dAbuzz

Thu 10 Nov, 2016 01:21 pm
@revelette2,
I can imagine why you would like the discussion to end and you not be reminded of things you previously posted, but it's a bit bratty to expect it to happen. If you find it unpleasant, take a break from A2K. It can work wonders.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Thu 10 Nov, 2016 01:22 pm
@Krumple,
There were several large city protests, but nothing will develop from those.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Thu 10 Nov, 2016 01:24 pm
@Krumple,
They weren't expecting anything to happen, although there probably was no shortage of deluded fools among them who think they started "The Revolution" They were just having a temper tantrum.
maporsche

Thu 10 Nov, 2016 01:31 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

They weren't expecting anything to happen, although there probably was no shortage of deluded fools among them who think they started "The Revolution" They were just having a temper tantrum.

Of course no one was expecting anything to happen. I was on the streets in Chicago last night, it was just a demonstration to show displeasure and it got picked up on nationwide news.

People protest a lot of crap and nothing comes of it. It doesn't make protests worthless though.
Finn dAbuzz

Thu 10 Nov, 2016 01:39 pm
@maporsche,
Who argued that protests are worthless?

Those, however, weren't "protests" as there is nothing to protest against.

If you and your confreres felt good marching up and down the streets yellIng "F*uck Trump" fine and dandy as long as you didn't destroy property or hurt anyone. Personally, I think it was a childish reaction to disappointment, but, obviously, your crowd sees it differently.
0 Replies