I'll Never Vote for Hillary Clinton

Krumple

Sun 9 Oct, 2016 01:38 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

snood wrote:

Heed my betters? You "better" breathe into a paper bag or something, because you MUST be high. Didn't you predict Bernie was going to be the next president? Oh, you must not count that as part of the "shitshow". Babble on, nowhere girl.

Bernie would be the next president, as has been proven by DNC correspondences made public by Wikileaks, had the DNC and Hillary not cheated.

Yeah all women should be proud, the first woman president had to cheat and manipulate her way to victory dodging scandals of clear guilt.
0 Replies

snood

Sun 9 Oct, 2016 01:40 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

snood wrote:

Heed my betters? You "better" breathe into a paper bag or something, because you MUST be high. Didn't you predict Bernie was going to be the next president? Oh, you must not count that as part of the "shitshow". Babble on, nowhere girl.

Bernie would be the next president, as has been proven by DNC correspondences made public by Wikileaks, had the DNC and Hillary not cheated.

Ah, good thinking. You include woulda shoulda and coulda into your 100% correct predictions calculations.
Lash

Sun 9 Oct, 2016 03:16 pm
@snood,
I admit I sorely underestimated her ability to cheat.

She's truly gifted.
0 Replies

Lash

Sun 9 Oct, 2016 03:40 pm
https://theintercept.com/2016/10/09/exclusive-new-email-leak-reveals-clinton-campaigns-cozy-press-relationship/

Clinton runs the press. Dirty "Foundation" money can buy lotsa "journalists".

MontereyJack

Sun 9 Oct, 2016 05:19 pm
@Lash,
good ink
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Sun 9 Oct, 2016 05:22 pm
@Lash,
Did you actually read all your cite? Did you notice this?
Quote:
All presidential campaigns have their favorite reporters, try to plant stories they want published, and attempt in multiple ways to curry favor with journalists. These tactics are certainly not unique to the Clinton campaign (liberals were furious in 2008 when journalists went to John McCain’s Arizona ranch for an off-the-record BBQ). But these rituals and dynamics between political campaigns and the journalists who cover them are typically carried out in the dark, despite how significant they can be
In other words, Clinton is doing exactly the same thing every other candidate for office has done since the country was founded. Do you seriously think Trump didn't work hard at planting stories with FOX? That is what PR staffs for every party and every candidate have always done. You do it to get publicity for your candidate. So does Hillary's staff, they just happen to be quite good at it.
Lash

Sun 9 Oct, 2016 06:06 pm
@MontereyJack,
Trying to plant stories and controlling the agenda of the major news outlets are vastly different things.
MontereyJack

Sun 9 Oct, 2016 06:17 pm
@Lash,
No. They aren't. You think your buck and a quarter actually pays for the newspaper? Not a chance. It's the ad dollars, and advertisers have ALWAYS tried to control the agenda by withholding ad dollars. Businesses. Political candidates <PR firms, all try to shape what the media publishes or airs. And for that matter, readers or listeners who scream bloody murder when the outlet they pay attention to deviates from what they want it to, like the newspaper readers who gave death threates to the TX paper that dared to endorse Clinton. EVERYONE tries to shape the agenda. Kudos to papers like the Globe, the Times, and the Wash. Post who are often impervious to these special interests. Brickbats to the craven panderers like Fox.
0 Replies

maporsche

Sun 9 Oct, 2016 07:02 pm
@Lash,
I can't remember the last time you've been right about anything
Lash

Sun 9 Oct, 2016 07:03 pm
@maporsche,
You're trapped in denial.
maporsche

Sun 9 Oct, 2016 07:07 pm
@Lash,
Oh no. I'm not denying anything.

Hillary Clinton will be the best president of my lifetime (I'm 36).
cicerone imposter

Sun 9 Oct, 2016 08:01 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
Clinton runs the press. Dirty "Foundation" money can buy lotsa "journalists".

You made the accusation; now prove it with facts.
0 Replies

Kolyo

Sun 9 Oct, 2016 11:36 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

Hillary Clinton will be the best president of my lifetime (I'm 36).

She very well might if we would just elect her. Her biggest accomplishment might prove to be the way she reached across the aisle to incorporate Republican ideas into reforming Obamacare. One issue I remember Republicans had with the ACA was the lack of cost control. Well, the high costs, passed along into premiums, are becoming increasingly problematic.

On the other hand, if Trump gets elected, he will be the most popular president our generation has ever seen. At the end of his third term, his approval ratings will be as high as Putin's are now. When interviewed by the BBC about how we view him, we will all say "he's the best", like they say of Putin in Russia.
roger

Sun 9 Oct, 2016 11:48 pm
@Kolyo,
Kolyo wrote:

On the other hand, if Trump gets elected, he will be the most popular president our generation has ever seen. At the end of his third term, his approval ratings will be as high as Putin's are now. When interviewed by the BBC about how we view him, we will all say "he's the best", like they say of Putin in Russia.

Better edit to add the irony icon. You know how people can be around here.
Kolyo

Mon 10 Oct, 2016 12:23 am
@roger,
You may think that was irony roger. I'm sorry, but it was not. My prediction is that he will be our country's answer to Vladimir Putin. I'm in earnest about him *polling* at 80 percent when all is said and done. When polled I will tell anyone who asks that he's my hero, for the same reason ordinary Russians tell the media that today. He will be more "popular" according to polls than our past presidents, just like Putin is more "popular" than any of America's past presidents.

Consider this: he has threatened to retaliate against all the Republicans who have opposed him in the last few days. Will he stop at prosecuting just Hillary? I don't believe he will.

I used to think Tea Party Republicans were the worst. But there's a world of difference between Donald Trump and Mike Pence.

I know I'm going out on a limb there, but it's what I honestly think of him.
Builder

Mon 10 Oct, 2016 01:34 am
@Kolyo,
Quote:
I know I'm going out on a limb there, but it's what I honestly think of him.

The rise of anarchy in the US?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Mon 10 Oct, 2016 05:14 am
@snood,
snood wrote:

Heed my betters?

That's language, (and attitude,) straight out of the plantation. Lash should now drop all pretence of not being a racist, only racists use language like that.
edgarblythe

Mon 10 Oct, 2016 06:07 am
This thread is all about personal insult. Disgraceful. I know it's an emotional election, but I find it hard to take people seriously when they consistently delve into the personal.
Lash

Mon 10 Oct, 2016 06:19 am
Interesting bit from the Telegraph.

Trump won?

I guess a widespread desire to see the Clintons held accountable for something...anything... is a potent motivation.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/10/10/donald-trump-won-the-debate-hes-a-crazy-candidate-but-hillary-cl/amp/?client=safari
0 Replies

snood

Mon 10 Oct, 2016 06:47 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

snood wrote:

Heed my betters?

That's language, (and attitude,) straight out of the plantation. Lash should now drop all pretence of not being a racist, only racists use language like that.

Yeah, nothing much there but hatred and bitter sarcasm with a bit of sickening self aggrandizement. Sad, really.