Hundreds of Armed Right-Wing Militia Members Take Over Federal Building

bobsal u1553115

Sat 30 Jan, 2016 10:13 am
@McGentrix,
He raised his hands to shoulder level twice and each time lowered them, his right hand reaching for a gun he certainly did have and threatened on youtube to use because he wasn't made for a "concrete cubicle". This guy egged his own self into a useless death over an issue the original "victims" disavowed, that only ONE of the "hundreds" of occupiers gave up his Federal rights, grazing rights the original "victims" are now trying to regain.

These mooks want to graze common ground, McG. You and I are the common that get common ground rights for use of property owned by the common - you and me. How about I put my cows into your yard you are aren't currently utilizing? For about 10% of fair market value? I don't want GE doing it and I don't want those non veteran Bundy's doing it either? American values? Not from those greedly selfish self-rightous Jack Mormon/Utah-Arizona-Idahobillies.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sat 30 Jan, 2016 10:25 am
@McGentrix,
I sure as **** don't trust the ones that tweeted about it second-hand and then become "witnesses. I certainly trust the ones supported by the video.

I don't trust the ones that are obviously embroidering details.

I watched statement made by that goofy Arizona jack Morman just days before his useless and needless death. He flashed firearms and threatened to be willing to die and be killed but never ever EVER specifically mentioned any of positions except bad cops. (Funny how unarmed, non-resisting black guys being shot isn't questioned by some of your friends (not by you, of course) but an armed and threatening white is murdered because of some conspiracy.)

I thought he was depressed and over the top regarding his perceived threat to the point of bordering on suicide. I think this is another suicide by cop.

If the cops could have capped one person on the scene, why'd they chose
this nobody Mormon rancher from Arizona who didn't renounce his federal grazing rights, either..

edgarblythe

Sat 30 Jan, 2016 10:37 am
http://assets.amuniversal.com/3f810ce0a8e401333878005056a9545d
bobsal u1553115

Sat 30 Jan, 2016 10:41 am
@Blickers,
I imagine they will use the deadline to get some of the lesser indoctrinated and loyal to turn on the the Ammon brothers and others.

There's a lot of charges floating around including for the only unarmed militia - the web master.

Here's were we get to see the difference between teabilly minutemen and 1776 Minute-men. There's going to be all sorts of disclosure over what a half drunk corps of ill-prepared and larcenous nincompoop vandals they really are.

The wonder isn't that the cops shot one of those limpdicks, its that they didn't shoot a half dozen or so of their own damn selves. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they find a body buries on the old campsite. After all, friends of these "men" were in town trying to terrorize a woman who was wearing a BLM teashirt. Who knows how low they could go?
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sat 30 Jan, 2016 10:46 am
@edgarblythe,
http://media.cagle.com/77/2016/01/29/174817_600.jpg
0 Replies

layman

Sat 30 Jan, 2016 10:47 am
@Blickers,
Quote:
Because the video shows some witnesses, like that Victoria Sharp, are lying

The video could not possibly show that she is "lying," fool. Even assuming she's 100% wrong, being wrong does not equal "lying." Keep showing your lack of objectivity, eh? It says a lot about you.
bobsal u1553115

Sat 30 Jan, 2016 10:47 am
http://editorialcartoonists.com/cartoons/EngleB/2016/EngleB20160130_low.jpg
0 Replies

layman

Sat 30 Jan, 2016 10:55 am
@Blickers,
Quote:
Looking at the video again, it does appear that Finicum was shot by the cop coming up from behind. He was about 20 feet away from Finicum at the time. However, the cop from the rear only shot Finicum after Finicum was fishing around the front of sweatshirt for four seconds, (from 9:28 to 9;32) which is a long time in a situation like this. At 9:33, the cop from the rear shot Finicum.

So the cop from the rear couldn't see what he was doin in front. Why did he shoot? If the cop in front, who could see, felt threatened, why didn't he shoot? This whole "I felt threatened" **** aint workin.

Quote:
And no, Finicum does not have to withdraw the weapon and brandish it so the cop can see it clearly before shooting him. You can't hold your hands straight out at your sides like you are surrendering, then when a cop approaches you with gun drawn drop your hands and start fishing around a pocket in your sweatshirt and expect to live.

Heh, who are you? The Supreme Court? You can't expect to live when you've fallen halfway down a 500 foot cliff, either. That doesn't mean the guy who pushed you off had the right to do it, eh? NOBODY "expects to live" when confronted by an armed cop determined to kill him.
boomerang

Sat 30 Jan, 2016 11:06 am
Quote:
According to the conversation and other details obtained from Fry’s family members, a deal with the FBI seemed to be in place Thursday, but it required Sean Anderson to turn himself in to the police. His wife, Sandy, refused to leave him.

Fry and Banta were said to have accepted the negotiated deal, but because of Sandy Anderson’s refusal, the four made a pact to stay together until the end of the standoff.

The FBI, according to the militants, is prepared to wait them out if necessary, and negotiations are not moving forward at this time.

http://www.opb.org/news/series/burns-oregon-standoff-bundy-militia-news-updates/oregon-standoff-negotiations-with-fbi-stall-at-malheur-refuge/
0 Replies

boomerang

Sat 30 Jan, 2016 11:08 am
I'm willing to bet every cop on the ground had a body camera on. I'm sure we'll eventually learn more about what happened.
0 Replies

layman

Sat 30 Jan, 2016 11:14 am
Some people here have looked at the video several times, at their leisure, in the comfort of their mom's basement, and they still keep changing their mind about what it shows.

As I recall the girl didn't even say "he had his hands straight up in the air at the moment he was shot." She said, at one point, that he had his hands up, which he did. She said he didn't pull a gun and was "just walking" when he was shot.

This is an 18 year old girl, under great stress, with a limited viewpoint from inside a truck. No witness, regardless of age, experience, and training, ever gets the facts and all the minute details 100% right under those circumstances, and that includes cops. This girl "could" be lying. But she could NOT reasonably be said to be lying based upon what anyone in this thread knows.

Anyone who pretends to know that she is lying is a fraud.
0 Replies

boomerang

Sat 30 Jan, 2016 11:22 am
http://i.imgur.com/WWOOLSL.jpg

Someone posted this craigslist ad to a local forum. The address is the jail. It seems craigslist has since removed the ad.
layman

Sat 30 Jan, 2016 11:24 am
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:

I'm going to say what conservatives say every time a Black man or child is shot by police under suspicious circumstances: if he didn't want to get shot, he should have obeyed the law.

At least you admit what you're doing, and, implicitly, why, eh?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Sat 30 Jan, 2016 11:30 am
@bobsal u1553115,
http://tftppull.freethoughtllc.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/lavoy-finicum-shooting.jpg

With this, you can see he has his arms up and he is not charging towards and police officers.

"Hands up, don't shoot!" Remember that mantra? At that point in time the situation was controlled. They had the driver away from the truck with his arms up. The police then aggravated the situation and approached him with weapons drawn. Seconds are not enough time to know whether the government you have been fighting the past month was just going to quietly gun you down in a field where no one will see. You say yourself that he has mental issues.

Had the pistol been in a holster with easy access, I would better understand the fear of being threatened, but in a sweatshirt pocket and reaching with his opposite hand? After being approached from behind and threatened?

The cops should have never approached him and stayed at a safe distance shouting instructions for him to get down. They had non-lethal alternatives they could have used as well.
layman

Sat 30 Jan, 2016 11:37 am
@McGentrix,
Quote:
The cops should have never approached him and stayed at a safe distance shouting instructions for him to get down. They had non-lethal alternatives they could have used as well.

Any reasonable, unbiased person would agree with that, I think, Gent.
0 Replies

layman

Sat 30 Jan, 2016 11:40 am
@McGentrix,
These cowboy cops wanted to get super-aggressive, and were hoping to provoke him into doing something, anything, that would give them an excuse to blow him away, if you ask me. It's the nature of a cop, eh?

They could easily have just kept their distance and resolved the whole situation peacefully. Evidently that's NOT what they wanted to do.
layman

Sat 30 Jan, 2016 11:46 am
@McGentrix,
Look at that picture and think about it, eh?

If these cops were really worried about the "dangerous criminals" firing on them, why would they approach Finny, putting themselves wide out in the open, while turning their backs to, and ignoring, the "dangerous armed criminals" in the truck who could start blasting at them any second?
0 Replies

BillRM

Sat 30 Jan, 2016 12:18 pm
@layman,
Quote:
They could easily have just kept their distance and resolved the whole situation peacefully.

With high power rifles on both sides how must distance would you call for?

Let see that distance could be anywhere from 600 yards to 2,000 yards depending on the rifles and the skill of the shooters.
0 Replies

Blickers

Sat 30 Jan, 2016 12:26 pm
@layman,
Quote layman:
Quote:
The video could not possibly show that she is "lying," fool. Even assuming she's 100% wrong, being wrong does not equal "lying."

She was there, she said his hands were up in the air and the video shows his hands had come down and were on the area of sweatshirt pocket where his 9mm gun was for four seconds before Finnicum was shot. You can call it what you want-lying, delusional, whatever. She wasn't telling the truth.
layman

Sat 30 Jan, 2016 12:28 pm
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:

You can call it what you want-lying, delusional, whatever. She wasn't telling the truth.

What do you want us to call YOU when you keep misstating what the video shows? Delusional? Crazy? A hypocrite? A commie propagandist?