Hundreds of Armed Right-Wing Militia Members Take Over Federal Building

layman

Mon 1 Feb, 2016 10:16 pm
A couple more examples of this guy's presumptions:

Quote:
This is a man who has been told repeatedly to keep his hands up...

This is possible, of course, but how does he "know" that? Does he have an audio track that no one else does?

Quote:

...facing the officer in the treeline that we still can’t see from this perspective. It is obviously this officer who told Finicum to raise his hands.

"Obviously?" For all this guy knows, this "off-camera" cop was still hiding behind a tree.

Quote:

Finicum... has been aware of the officer still hidden by the treeline since the moment he stepped out of the vehicle and raised his hands

Not necessarily a point of major importance, but again, how does he "know" this. Others here have argued, with just as much evidence, that Finicum never knew this cop even existed, at least not until much later. For example, from just a few posts back:

Quote:
Quote layman:
Quote:
You're initial claim was that he couldn't possibly have been startled, because he never saw the guy coming.

Which I still maintain, the shooter from behind appeared to be out of view when Finnicum turned to the cop who was running in from the road.

This guy uses his presumption to "prove" that Finicum wanted to die because he "knew he was in a crossfire." Possible, but certainly not "obvious" from this video.
boomerang

Mon 1 Feb, 2016 10:26 pm
@parados,
The comments are interesting. Specifically, the comments about how he was probably shot in the stomach and dropped his hands to inspect the wound. I've seen that comment everywhere.

I am ABSOLUTELY not an expert but from what I understand getting shot in the stomach area is a really terrible thing because it takes a long time for you to die. I have never heard of police shooting someone in the stomach area, especially if they think the person is dangerous. In this situation the police had plenty of time to aim and I just can't imagine that they shot him in the stomach. It doesn't make sense.

I'm just going off working memory of things I've read. I could be wrong. I might be curious enough in the morning to actually try to find out some information/statistics on people being shot in the stomach. I thought I'd throw this out there hoping that someone knew more about it than me and I'd magically find the answer to my question posted here tomorrow.
layman

Mon 1 Feb, 2016 10:36 pm
@boomerang,
Quote:
from what I understand getting shot in the stomach area is a really terrible thing because it takes a long time for you to die. I have never heard of police shooting someone in the stomach area, especially if they think the person is dangerous.

1. Getting shot it the side or midsection doesn't necessarily mean you have been shot "in the stomach," but, more to the point..

2. People does always hit the exact target they are shooting at. It is common, I think, to shoot for the "heart," or the middle of the torso. That way, even if you miss to a degree, you'll probably still hit the guy somewhere. Shooting for the head might be more likely to immediately disable a guy, but the head is also a harder target to hit.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Mon 1 Feb, 2016 10:48 pm
@boomerang,
I haven't read the comments yet, will do.

I'm busy reading up on Sinjar and Mosol and the Peshmerga Kurds (read about them before) and the PKK in Turkey and Syria and now in Sinjar (Iraq) and Isis infiltrated into Mosul and and and..
hard to keep up.
bobsal u1553115

Mon 1 Feb, 2016 10:56 pm
@Setanta,
I didn't see it before, I'm glad you posted it.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Mon 1 Feb, 2016 10:58 pm
@layman,
Quote:
but he states a lot of things which he cannot possibly know from the evidence available as indisputable fact.

Never ever stopped you, Hawkeye.
0 Replies

boomerang

Mon 1 Feb, 2016 11:01 pm
@ossobuco,
It is hard to keep up and this is really a pretty minor thing in the overall scheme of things. I got interested because it's in my "backyard" but mostly because Mr B and Mo were heading that way for a ski trip when this was all very fresh. I was a little apprehensive about them running into some "patriots" one those long, lonely roads.

They were fine, of course, but worry is a wormy thing.
Below viewing threshold (view)
Wilso

Tue 2 Feb, 2016 02:17 am
Some of the contributors to this thread are in desperate ******* need of a life
0 Replies

layman

Tue 2 Feb, 2016 02:19 am
@layman,
Quote:
A couple more examples of this guy's presumptions:...

Not surprising that making a few obvious observations which might undermine the narrative presented by a cop cheerleader, who is, after all, merely articulating the party line, immediately gets 11 thumbs down from the commies, eh?
0 Replies

layman

Tue 2 Feb, 2016 02:59 am
Anyone who really cared to see how accurately and completely this cop cheerleader presents the visual contents of videos (like the one pertaining to Rice) need only look at the Finicum video, eh?: With respect to the guy who appears to have possibly shot Finny while his hands were up, he says:
Quote:

The officer who was nearly hit is still recovering, but on his knees...The officer who had nearly been run over is now on his feet and moving for cover, his back Finicum’s truck. He is no part of the confrontation at all.

No mention is made of him possibly shooting Finny, causing him to drop his left (non-shooting) hand to his side and begin to stumble. Instead, we are told that Finny "caught his right toe in the snow" and that this guy was "no part of the confrontation at all." No mention is made of the fact that Finny pointed at that guy and apparently said something. None of that even happened, if you trust his narration, eh?

Just the way the commies like it, eh?

I'll give Blicky credit for acknowledging that legimate questions along these lines are raised by the video, even though he obviously wants to say this killing was entirely justified.

Again, the question this video doesn't even try to answer is: "Where did the THREE shots, acknowledged by the FBI, come from?

layman

Tue 2 Feb, 2016 03:17 am
@layman,
Edit: Meant to say:

Again, the question this narrator [not "video"] doesn't even try to answer is: "Where did the THREE shots, acknowledged by the FBI, come from?

layman

Tue 2 Feb, 2016 06:37 am
@layman,
layman wrote:

Again, the question this narrator [not "video"] doesn't even try to answer is: "Where did the THREE shots, acknowledged by the FBI, come from?

Of course, even the 3 shots is in question, from a number of sources. According to the initial press reports, the FBI first said that only 3 shots were fired.

However, according to the NYT and many other sources, Gregg Bretzing, the FBI agent who conducted the press conference, later refused to specify how many times Finny was shot, saying only that the number was "in single digits." Does that mean 9 times?

A witness who came upon the scene said there was "lots of shooting."

http://koin.com/2016/01/27/witness-lot-of-shooting-during-militia-arrest/
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Tue 2 Feb, 2016 07:07 am
Cliven Bundy stoking Oregon fires?
Source: CBS News

LAS VEGAS - Controversial cattle rancher Cliven Bundy is preparing to lead a fight against the government again, reports CBS Las Vegas affiliate KLAS-TV.

The station says he released a notice Monday that he sent to an Oregon sheriff telling him to "remove all federal and state policing agents out of Harney County," where a month-long occupation of a federal wildlife refuge by militia members continues.

Last week, Bundy's sons told supporters to back down from the occupation. Now, the elder Bundy is saying the opposite.

Cliven Bundy's notice to the sheriff was also sent to Oregon Governor Kate Brown and President Obama. In the notice, Bundy wrote, "We will retain possession of the Harney County Resource Center."

Read more: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/cliven-bundy-stoking-oregon-fires/

Papa Loon is at it again.
0 Replies

layman

Tue 2 Feb, 2016 07:18 am
@layman,
Quote:
Of course this guy "knows" that Finicum was "immediately" and "repeatedly" told to keep his hands in the air, eh? And, after all, Finicum was doing almost "exactly the same thing" as Rice....Was the use of deadly force against Rice reasonable? Matter of opinion, I guess.

Well, OK, then!!

31 downvotes for this observation. It's gotta be the record, I tellya!

I challenge anyone to find any post anywhere, that got more than 31 negative votes.
McGentrix

Tue 2 Feb, 2016 07:24 am
@layman,
layman wrote:

Quote:
Of course this guy "knows" that Finicum was "immediately" and "repeatedly" told to keep his hands in the air, eh? And, after all, Finicum was doing almost "exactly the same thing" as Rice....Was the use of deadly force against Rice reasonable? Matter of opinion, I guess.

Well, OK, then!!

31 downvotes for this observation. It's gotta be the record, I tellya!

I challenge anyone to find any post anywhere, that got more than 31 negative votes.

I saw that. Kind of unbelievable really. You must really be hitting someone where it hurts to get that many thumbs down. There would have to be a concerted effort to get that to happen. -6 usually hits all the dummy accounts, but -31?! Damn son, you should frame that.
layman

Tue 2 Feb, 2016 07:31 am
@McGentrix,
Quote:
You must really be hitting someone where it hurts to get that many thumbs down

Yeah, they must really resent anyone who doubts or questions this cop apologist who compares Finny to Rice, eh?

But of course they won't in any way respond to neutral, sensible posts for some reason. They just vote, and stay hidden. Figures, sho nuff.

0 Replies

layman

Tue 2 Feb, 2016 08:33 am
@McGentrix,
One thing the Rice shooting does have in common with this one:

The cops had been informed that Rice was "armed and dangerous."

So, naturally, they killed him before their cop car could even stop moving. Rice lasted about 2 seconds before being shot--about the same as Finny.

Can't be too careful. Like I done said, dead men can't shoot back.

Another thing they have in common: After gunning down their victim, they just let him lie there and bleed to death. They didn't even try to render any assistance, while there might have still been hope.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Tue 2 Feb, 2016 08:40 am
@McGentrix,
I have not agreed with a word layman said on this thread, but I never thumbed him down. -31 might be a record.
layman

Tue 2 Feb, 2016 08:43 am
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
I have not agreed with a word layman said on this thread, but I never thumbed him down

It's never too late, Ed. Vote it down, eh!?
0 Replies