Hundreds of Armed Right-Wing Militia Members Take Over Federal Building

Walter Hinteler

Mon 1 Feb, 2016 12:52 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I'd thought, it was an Oregon State Trooper who shot Finicum, not a FBI-agent.

And I'd thought that on many other occasions policemen shot earlier - they didn't do it here, when Finicum tried to barrel through.
blatham

Mon 1 Feb, 2016 01:12 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Once again, Finn, a high quality post. Well done.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Mon 1 Feb, 2016 01:17 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
agreed
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Mon 1 Feb, 2016 01:23 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter - Maybe it was. I don't know for certain, but it doesn't change my opinion. It would only change by question about SOP in the situation from "FBI" to "Oregon State Troopers"

Walter Hinteler

Mon 1 Feb, 2016 01:27 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I had to find a fly in the ointment before I could applause to your response! Wink
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Mon 1 Feb, 2016 02:02 pm
@boomerang,
Thanks.

I'm prepared to believe this guy when it says it's SOP. It makes sense. We'll see if anyone has a differing position on that.
0 Replies

Blickers

Mon 1 Feb, 2016 02:09 pm
@layman,
Quote layman:
Quote:
You're initial claim was that he couldn't possibly have been startled, because he never saw the guy coming.

Which I still maintain, the shooter from behind appeared to be out of view when Finnicum turned to the cop who was running in from the road.

Quote layman:
Quote:
It appears that he had already been shot at least once,

Which was my original take, that Finnicum had dropped his arms to confront the cop running in from the road, reached for his sweatshirt pocket containing a 9mm pistol, and probably got shot by that cop coming in from the road when he did. I further felt the video indicated at the time, he turned toward his vehicle because he might have been hit and was trying to withdraw his gun. At that point, the position of his hands near his pocket caused the cop originally behind him to shoot him. If indeed Finnicum had been shot by the cop a few feet in from the road, I don't think he would be worried about the cop behind him, if the cop right in front of him is shooting him. Do you?

As it turned out, new video analyses have emerged which open up a possibility, not a certainty but a possibility, that Finnicum dropped his arms because he was shot on the left side of his body when his arms were still up by a cop who stayed in the road.

As for Victoria Sharp, what are you, her uncle? I didn't know she had family on A2K. Fact is, eyewitnesses have given testimony which fits a certain story which video evidence has overturned. But just to clear the air, if there are any family or close personal friends of Victoria Sharp who have been caused emotional distress by my characterizing her as a liar, which she may or may not be, I hereby apologize. For those who are not family or close personal friends of Victoria Sharp but who are still experiencing emotional distress over this, screw ya.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Mon 1 Feb, 2016 02:19 pm
Ammon Bundy Finally Honored With His Own Doughnut
http://i68.tinypic.com/2iuqes1.jpg
0 Replies

Setanta

Mon 1 Feb, 2016 03:35 pm
The Girl was reading this page when she had to hurry to leave the house. I suspect that she intended to post it here, but whether or not she did, i'm going to post it.

LaVoy Finicum Was Not Murdered. He Forced Oregon Police To Shoot Him.

This article if from Bearing Arms-dot-com, and gives a step by step description of Finicum and the law enforcement officers involved. The article was posted by the founder of the Bearing Arms website, a pro-firearms, shooting enthusiast. It would be difficult to see him as an individual biased against those who carry firearms. You can read the "about" page of the website by clicking here.
bobsal u1553115

Mon 1 Feb, 2016 03:54 pm
@Setanta,
Damn. Interesting stuff from a surprising source.
ossobuco

Mon 1 Feb, 2016 04:03 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
I just finished, clearest explaino yet.

And now I know the words are - ready position.
0 Replies

boomerang

Mon 1 Feb, 2016 04:10 pm
@Setanta,
That's the same article I posted this morning....
ossobuco

Mon 1 Feb, 2016 04:17 pm
@boomerang,
Yeh, it was yours I had started reading. Anyway, the guy is a pretty clear analyst, far as I can tell.
0 Replies

parados

Mon 1 Feb, 2016 04:24 pm
@boomerang,
Thanks for the article. Interesting reading in the comments section.
Setanta

Mon 1 Feb, 2016 04:28 pm
@boomerang,
Oops, sorry.
boomerang

Mon 1 Feb, 2016 08:27 pm
@Setanta,
It deserved to be mentioned twice. I think it was very good.
Setanta

Mon 1 Feb, 2016 08:32 pm
@boomerang,
I was frankly surprised by the gentleman's candor. He may hold opinions with which do not agree, but he's not just peddling propaganda. He obviously gave serious thought to what he wrote.
blatham

Mon 1 Feb, 2016 09:05 pm
@Setanta,
Yes. It's careful, honest analysis.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Mon 1 Feb, 2016 09:11 pm
@boomerang,
I followed your link ...

(this needs a chorus of will the circle be unbroken)
0 Replies

layman

Mon 1 Feb, 2016 09:51 pm
@Setanta,
What this guy is saying is reasonable, given his assumptions, but he states a lot of things which he cannot possibly know from the evidence available as indisputable fact.

It seems clear that he is one who strongly argued that the shooting of the Rice kid was completely justified. For some, just about anything the cops do is "justified." Cops and ex-cops, for example.

Quote:
He’s doing almost exactly what got Tamir Rice shot in Cleveland....

He is at least aware of the clear possibility that Finny was shot before he ever lowered his hands, but clearly refuses to give it any credence, and mocks it by calling it a "conspiracy theory:"

Quote:
If the autopsy shows that Finicum has no shots at all to the front, then the popular conspiracy theory that he was shot, causing him to stumble and lower his hands while facing the officers, will have been conclusively debunked.

To the extent that he's allowing that far more evidence is needed than what can be gleaned from this video, I certainly agree with him. But to the extent that he assigns arbitrary assumptions the status of fact in his analysis, it seems clear that he knows, beforehand, exactly where he wants to go. For just one minor example:

Quote:
Finicum catches his right toe in the snow, partially stumbles, recovers, and puts his weight on his right leg as the camera in the airplane zooms in.

He stumbles because he "catches his right toe in the snow," eh? Does anyone really think he can detect that from this airplane footage?