Hundreds of Armed Right-Wing Militia Members Take Over Federal Building

edgarblythe

Tue 26 Jan, 2016 04:31 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
I believe it was ebeth posted that story already.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Tue 26 Jan, 2016 08:34 pm
Leader of Oregon occupation Ammon Bundy, three others arrested
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Tue 26 Jan, 2016 08:35 pm

HARNEY COUNTY, Ore. — KATU News has learned the leader of the armed occupation at Malheur Wildlife Refuge - Ammon Bundy - has been arrested, along with three other individuals Tuesday evening.

Officials said it all began with a traffic stop while Bundy and some of his followers were en route to a community meeting in John Day, about 70 miles away.

Shots were fired after FBI agents, Oregon State troopers and other law enforcement agencies made the stop. CNN reports its unclear who fired first.

Details of the arrest remain unknown, but charges are pending related to the group's 25-day takeover of the wildlife refuge.

Bundy and dozens of other individuals occupied the wildlife refuge earlier this month after two local ranchers were sent to prison for setting fires on federal land.
http://katu.com/news/local//leader-of-oregon-occupation-ammon-bundy-three-others-arrested
ehBeth

Tue 26 Jan, 2016 08:39 pm
@edgarblythe,
http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/01/pete_santilli_militants_suppor.html

Quote:
Two people have been shot and Ammon Bundy is in custody, according to a YouTube live stream report by Pete Santilli, who was speaking outside a hospital in Burns.

Santilli, a self-styled journalist, took to social media to discuss the breaking development late Tuesday afternoon. He also reported that the FBI has told the protesters at the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge that they are free to go and need to leave immediately.

Santilli said he was waiting at the hospital to confirm the reports of the shootings. The Oregonian/OregonLive could not independently confirm the reports.
edgarblythe

Tue 26 Jan, 2016 08:43 pm
By the time I wake up in the morning, it could all be over, or just getting uglier. The law did it the way I though best: get them isolated before making an arrest.
blatham

Tue 26 Jan, 2016 08:47 pm
Holy poop
0 Replies

layman

Tue 26 Jan, 2016 08:48 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

Quote:
Two people have been shot and Ammon Bundy is in custody, .

Finally some ACTION, eh!? I hope they storm the complex tonight
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Tue 26 Jan, 2016 08:52 pm
Two militia members have been shot, according to an arrest report.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Tue 26 Jan, 2016 08:59 pm
@edgarblythe,
the live feed in the comments section here is interesting

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/01/oregon_standoff_venue_changes.html

Quote:

Jasef
Jasef just now
Sheriff Palmer should be fired for siding with the terrorists. WTF? Grant County....demand his resignation or fire him. He is NOT a LEO.

FlagShareLikeReply
Bob Loblaw
Bob Loblaw just now
"They had a perfectly reasonable option on the table and they chose guns."

According to a co-conspirator.

Then he blames it on violent video games.

FlagShare2bird loverPDXXXLikeReply
PDXXX
PDXXX just now
@Bob Loblaw idiots

FlagShareLikeReply
Alex Ashcroft
Alex Ashcroft 1 minute ago
Is there any news from the Refuge. I know that phone call Pete had with Blaine made it sound Blaine was angry and ready to do something stupid.

FlagShareLikeReply
WtBuffalo
WtBuffalo 2 minutes ago
Victory in Oregon Tonight

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/26/us/oregon-wildlife-refuge-siege-arrests/index.html

FlagShareLikeReply
Sandra Longley
Sandra Longley 1 minute ago
@WtBuffalo probably flying the rest of them to portland

FlagShareLikeReply
Sandra Longley
Sandra Longley 2 minutes ago
some one must have gotten shot, must have been Payne if he fired shots, why else would the hospital be in lockdown

FlagShareLikeReply
Cynical1
Cynical1 1 minute ago
@Sandra Longley He took multiple shots from what i saw posted ...

FlagShareLikeReply
Cynical1
Cynical1 2 minutes ago
They are whining on petes site that ..the Feds ambushed them....

FlagShareLikeReply
PDXXX
PDXXX 3 minutes ago
Welp, no need for the Dildos any more. They'll get the real think in Jail tonight.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Tue 26 Jan, 2016 09:13 pm
Good grief and little fishes, as I think we used to say.

I'm usually not very authoritarian, but in this case I don't understand putting up with this stuff in the first place.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Tue 26 Jan, 2016 09:15 pm
Quote:

UPDATE: (6:57 P.M.) The FBI and Oregon State Police report Ammon Bundy, Ryan C. Bundy, Brian Cavalier, Shawna Cox and Ryan Waylen Payne were all arrested.

Quote:
KOIN reports Ammon & Ryan Bundy & 4 others arrested, 1 dead
0 Replies

blatham

Tue 26 Jan, 2016 09:17 pm
Will Bunch tweets that one militia member dead. No other verification yet.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Tue 26 Jan, 2016 09:19 pm
One count is 9 arrested.
ehBeth

Tue 26 Jan, 2016 09:24 pm
Quote:

At approximately 4:25 p.m. (PST) on Tuesday, January 26, 2016, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and Oregon State Police (OSP) began an enforcement action to bring into custody a number of individuals associated with the armed occupation of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge. During that arrest, there were shots fired.

One individual who was a subject of a federal probable cause arrest is deceased. We will not be releasing any information about that person pending identification by the medical examiner's office.

One individual suffered non-life threatening injuries and was transported to a local hospital for treatment. He was arrested and is currently in custody.

The arrested individuals include:

* Ammon Edward Bundy, age 40, of Emmett, Idaho
* Ryan C. Bundy, age 43, of Bunkerville, Nevada
* Brian Cavalier, age 44, of Bunkerville, Nevada
* Shawna Cox, age 59, Kanab, Utah
* Ryan Waylen Payne, age 32, of Anaconda, Montana

These probable cause arrests occurred along Highway 395.

In a separate event in Burns, Oregon, at approximately 5:50 pm, Oregon State Police arrested the following individual:

* Joseph Donald O'Shaughnessy, age 45, Cottonwood, Arizona

All of the named defendants face a federal felony charge of conspiracy to impede officers of the United States from discharging their official duties through the use of force, intimidation, or threats, in violation of Title 18, United States Code, Section 372.

We continue to work with Harney County Sheriff Dave Ward and his deputies; Oregon State Police; and the United States Attorney's Office to address any further outstanding issues. As the investigation is ongoing, we cannot comment further at this time.

All defendants should be presumed innocent until proven guilty.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Tue 26 Jan, 2016 09:25 pm
ANONYMOUS JUST TOOK DOWN THE WEBSITE OF THE BUNDY STANDOFF IN OREGON

http://winningdemocrats.com/anonymous-just-took-down-the-website-of-the-bundy-standoff-in-oregon/
0 Replies

boomerang

Tue 26 Jan, 2016 10:14 pm
Local gossip says it was Lavoy Finicum who was killed.
ehBeth

Tue 26 Jan, 2016 10:18 pm
@boomerang,
yup - it's all over that oregonlive chat feed
0 Replies

Blickers

Tue 26 Jan, 2016 10:30 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote edgarblythe:
Quote:
One count is 9 arrested.

Plus one dead, equals:

Birds 10, Bundys 0
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Wed 27 Jan, 2016 05:22 am
ISIS Backer Joins Bundy's Militants, Hijacks Government Computers To Build Militia Website
By David

http://crooksandliars.com/2016/01/isis-backer-joins-bundys-militants-then

A militant who recently joined Ammon Bundy's armed occupation of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge as the resident computer expert is a follower of Adolf Hitler and has expressed support for ISIS.

David Fry told Oregon Public Broadcasting that he drove from Ohio to join the occupation because he knew that the other militants "were pretty good people."

“It was (a) miracle, that I got here,” Fry said. “I’ve had quarrels with the government myself, and I feel there has to be some point where people have to put their foot down against the problems.”

Earlier this week, Fry recorded a video from one of the government buildings that militants are using as a computer and media center. He explained that he had created a website for the occupation.

Fry confirmed to Oregon Public Broadcasting that he had used government computers to create the website.

“I am using any computer I can use,” he said. “Their data is perfectly preserved … you can’t access any of that, it’s got encryption on it.”

During an examination of Fry's social media accounts, Oregon Public Broadcasting found that he had posted in support of the Islamic State and frequently praised Adolf Hitler.

"ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS FOR ISIS TO NUKE ISRAELHELL!" Fry wrote in November.

According to Oregon Public Broadcasting, Fry defended his support of ISIS with a rant about "government conspiracies, plots against multiple countries, Sept. 11, court records, computer viruses on Japanese computers, Fukushima and a Jewish conspiracy against the free world that involves causing nuclear meltdowns."

"One week before Fukushima happened, an Israeli security team installing security equipment was there at Fukushima," he declared.

“If you talk to a lot of the people here, everybody’s got their reason to be here, everybody’s got their quarrels with the government,” Fry observed. “I see this as a good stand for America. These are really good people out here.”
0 Replies

Setanta

Wed 27 Jan, 2016 05:51 am
It is a shame that anyone had to die. I'm glad this dangerous foolishness is over.