Hundreds of Armed Right-Wing Militia Members Take Over Federal Building

Finn dAbuzz

Wed 20 Jan, 2016 12:43 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Quote:
Blatham knows it was in jest.

Indeed. When I visualize Finn, it is as the Woody Allen jester in Everything You Wanted To Know About Sex.

Another example of your befuddled mind at work

I'm sure there are some in this forum (one kumquat in particular) who would envision me as

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/11/0c/35/110c3576f227446288d278130e904102.jpg

But a far more accurate image would be

http://www.wikigallery.org/download=366622-Nicol_The-court-jester.jpg
glitterbag

Wed 20 Jan, 2016 12:48 pm
@DrewDad,
What do call humid in Austin? Baltimore, Washington D.C and Annapolis have very high humidity. A hot summer day can also have 100% humidity and it breaks your heart that it doesn't rain. In the winter, temps might get around 30, sky will be grey and the frigging humidity will be 100%. It's suffocating until the sky finally gives up the rain. Around here its considered balmy if the humidity doesn't exceed 85%.
0 Replies

blatham

Wed 20 Jan, 2016 01:03 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
Thats what Austinites tell folks when they ask about Austin.

Oh. Well the thing I said about this place and bleach is true.
0 Replies

blatham

Wed 20 Jan, 2016 01:08 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I recognize that second guy. He used touch us at birthday parties.
Finn dAbuzz

Wed 20 Jan, 2016 01:13 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Quote:
I love Austin, and I tell everyone who asks why I love Texas - Austin ain't Texas.

Austin's a great town.

It is and most Texans feel this way too. It's great to able to have one place in the state where all the goofy liberals live...spares the rest of us from their daily company.

Great blues clubs in Austin as well as restaurants.

My wife and I spend at least two weekends there a year.

There's a comedy club there called Esther's Follies that is great. (Although the magician who has been there for over ten years sort of creeps me out)
Finn dAbuzz

Wed 20 Jan, 2016 01:15 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
See what I mean?

http://esthersfollies.com/im_images/ray_and_nat_resized.jpg
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Wed 20 Jan, 2016 01:17 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

I recognize that second guy. He used touch us at birthday parties.

Smile
That explains much.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Wed 20 Jan, 2016 01:40 pm
The only time I spent much time in Austen, I, my brother and some uncles were building model houses for the Jim Walter Corporation there. One day, as we worked we listened to the radio telling ongoing about some guy in the UT tower , shooting at people. I have been back just two times, once to pass through and once to visit a relative. But, Houston has quite a few devil liberals in it.
Blickers

Wed 20 Jan, 2016 01:54 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote edgar:
Quote:
One day, as we worked we listened to the radio telling ongoing about some guy in the UT tower , shooting at people.

Sorry. Just had to.

0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Wed 20 Jan, 2016 02:36 pm
@edgarblythe,
I drove a rented car with a Texas number plate for four weeks. That gave me trouble enough.
roger

Wed 20 Jan, 2016 03:17 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Did it have a dead elk draped across the car? Did it have tennis balls stuck on the antlers to make it easy to count the points? If not, we probably recognized you as an imposter. Unless you took every curve in the mountains at 15 miles per hour. That's another sign of a Texan at the wheel.
edgarblythe

Wed 20 Jan, 2016 03:24 pm
I may not know crap about anything else, but I know being a Texan in other parts of the country. Even in Japan. A girl there asked where I was from. After I told her she pointed a finger at me and said "Bang."
0 Replies

glitterbag

Wed 20 Jan, 2016 03:28 pm
@roger,
Roger, do they really put tennis balls on the antlers??? I'm not sure if that's festive or gruesome
Finn dAbuzz

Wed 20 Jan, 2016 03:37 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

But, Houston has quite a few devil liberals in it.

That's true, I forgot about the whole trans-sexual bathroom affair, but if I recall correctly, there weren't enough to keep that fiat by the mayor in place. Too bad too because some good was lost with her insistence on preserving the ridiculous, but that's a devil liberal for you. Besides, Austin is where the goofy liberals congregate.
0 Replies

roger

Wed 20 Jan, 2016 03:42 pm
@glitterbag,
It's not as common as I make it sound, and it's not limited to Texans, but yes, I have seen it. I think it's absolutely grotesque.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Wed 20 Jan, 2016 03:44 pm
Mayor Sylvester Turner is mostly liberal. He was out with a shovel this week, filling potholes. He has vowed to fix all those thousands in his first term. If he gets close he should be re-elected pretty easily.
edgarblythe

Wed 20 Jan, 2016 03:45 pm
@edgarblythe,
He probably doesn't plan to do them all by himself.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Wed 20 Jan, 2016 04:37 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Made me laugh, Walter.

By the way, I like this turn of the thread.

I get Finn in that I've oft found magicians to be on the weird side, especially one famous one I was sort of dragged by the girl group to go see*: at the least annoying. I did date one for a while and he was a normal person, a doctor who used some magic tricks on occasion to cheer some of the child arthritis patients, sorta depending on the child. Hmm, he was also funny out of the clinic life, as in humorous.

I'm Texas illiterate and plan to stay that way, much as I like some people who live there. Drove through Amarillo once, back in the dark ages.

*On girl group dragging me, most times that was great - how I saw the Stones, jazz places in Hollywood, learned to dance the latest goofy in-thing.
0 Replies

Blickers

Wed 20 Jan, 2016 04:45 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote edgar:
Quote:
Mayor Sylvester Turner is mostly liberal. He was out with a shovel this week, filling potholes. He has vowed to fix all those thousands in his first term. If he gets close he should be re-elected pretty easily.

I don't know if they use different materials in Texas, but here in the Northeast as soon as they fill in the potholes, the cars driving over it push down the fill material until in a couple of weeks you have a hole that was nearly as deep as the one that was allegedly "filled in". If you've got the same situation, long before the Mayor fills in all the potholes, he's going to have to start re-filling the first ones over again.
edgarblythe

Wed 20 Jan, 2016 05:03 pm
@Blickers,
I moved to the Houston area in about 1977. The potholes have never been fixed yet. But, this guy is trying to live up to his promise.