Hundreds of Armed Right-Wing Militia Members Take Over Federal Building

ossobuco

Wed 20 Jan, 2016 05:09 pm
@edgarblythe,
What are the roads paved with?
edgarblythe

Wed 20 Jan, 2016 05:10 pm
@ossobuco,
I assume, asphalt. Some streets are poured concrete, but they are not smoother. They have an exaggerated washboard effect.
0 Replies

blatham

Wed 20 Jan, 2016 05:45 pm
Tennis balls on the points of antlers? I don't know. To me it seems kind of friendly and even fun. Like Madonna putting them on her nipples.
roger

Wed 20 Jan, 2016 05:53 pm
@blatham,
Yeah, like that.
0 Replies

layman

Fri 22 Jan, 2016 01:08 am
Well, OK, then! Maybe we'll finally get to see some ACTION, eh!?

Quote:
Oregon's governor expressed anger Wednesday over federal authorities' handling of the occupation of a national wildlife refuge by an armed group and said she intends to bill the U.S. government for what the occupation is costing state taxpayers.

Gov. Kate Brown said federal officials "must move quickly to end the occupation and hold all of the wrongdoers accountable."

Exasperated by a tense situation that has caused fear among local residents since it began Jan. 2, Brown said, "This spectacle of lawlessness must end, and until Harney County is free of it, I will not stop insisting that federal officials enforce the law."

Here's a plan, eh?: Let Montel Williams and some of his homeys who are stone-cold killers infiltrate the compound by posing as supporters and well-wishers. Then, suddenly, on cue, they haul assault rifles out from under their coats and start blastin everything that moves. Whaddaya say!?

0 Replies

George

Fri 22 Jan, 2016 06:47 am
Ammon Bundy spoke with "Chris", an FBI negotiator, on Thursday.
They plan on talking again today.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Fri 22 Jan, 2016 08:24 am
[youtube]http://editorialcartoonists.com/cartoons/HorseD/2016/HorseD20160121_low.jpg[/youtube]
bobsal u1553115

Fri 22 Jan, 2016 08:26 am
layman

Fri 22 Jan, 2016 08:59 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Ya just can't satisfy these gun-abolishin liberal types, eh? They should be praisin this guy. He didn't even use a gun when he killed his Pappy. He done it the old-fashioned way--with a piece of lead pipe.
0 Replies

Blickers

Fri 22 Jan, 2016 10:55 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Not youtube, img.
http://editorialcartoonists.com/cartoons/HorseD/2016/HorseD20160121_low.jpg
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Fri 22 Jan, 2016 05:20 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
http://editorialcartoonists.com/cartoons/HorseD/2016/HorseD20160121_low.jpg
0 Replies

boomerang

Sat 23 Jan, 2016 07:37 pm
I read a comment on a local forum the other day saying they thought the longer these guys were here, the harder it will be to get rid of them without violence. The poster wrote that they felt the occupiers were starting to get too comfortable and they felt that the FBI needed to act right away.

I've been thinking about his/her comment and then I read this:

Quote:
OPB has confirmed that there are children staying at the occupied Malheur National Wildlife Refuge.

The two young girls now staying at the occupied refuge are sisters, ages 8 and 9.

OPB is not naming the kids, nor their parents, to protect the identity of the children, but the mother and father are active and vocal militants in the armed occupation. Both parents have been involved in the incident since its start Jan. 2.

The children were visible inside one of the buildings Thursday evening. One of the little girls asked to come outside by a campfire but was not allowed. The kids were also seen playing and wrestling together in a hallway in their pajamas.

The kids are from out of state and have been at the refuge since early this week. They spend most of their time out of sight of reporters and visitors.

The children’s mother did not respond to multiple requests for comment.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Sat 23 Jan, 2016 07:47 pm
I supposed I've not read enough, but my take is, scoop them out of there and don't extend the dance.
edgarblythe

Sat 23 Jan, 2016 08:04 pm
Ever since the Oklahoma City bombing, the government has feared the right wing militants, it seems to me. Perhaps they fear an uprising worse than 911 from these jerks.
0 Replies

Wilso

Sat 23 Jan, 2016 08:55 pm
Is there anyone who would dispute that if this group were either black, or Muslim, then it would already be over, with a lot of blood spilled.
0 Replies

Blickers

Sat 23 Jan, 2016 09:05 pm
@ossobuco,
If this turns out to be a shootout and lives are lost, it will be another PR victory for the Right. Remember Waco? Federal agents arrived to serve an arrest warrant on David Koresh, and four Federal agents were shot and killed. How was that interpreted by the so-called liberal press? They said the agents could have done a better job serving the warrant.

How long would a compound last in other countries if a legal arrest warrant was made out for their leader, agents were dispatched to execute it, and they got killed by the compound's inhabitants? Not long. But in the USA, the cops become the bad guys-for serving the legal warrant. And the killers in the compound became treated like misunderstood victims.

Even if no kids are present, there should not be a shootout. The people are in some far off bird sanctuary, you can wait them out forever. They go back and forth from the compound freely, they can slowly cut back that privilege, except for kids.

Once these guys are in custody, by all means treat them differently from people who did unarmed, nonviolent protest. People who don't take guns to their civil disobedience usually get no or very small sentences. People who take guns and threaten to shoot any authorities who come to get them should not have the same kind of treatment.
coldjoint

Sat 23 Jan, 2016 09:19 pm
@Blickers,

Quote:
If this turns out to be a shootout and lives are lost, it will be another PR victory for the Right.

Is that what you care about? Where is that liberal compassion? Or does that come out of the other side of your mouth?
Blickers

Sat 23 Jan, 2016 09:38 pm
@coldjoint,
Obviously no, since I also said the following:
Quote:
Even if no kids are present, there should not be a shootout. The people are in some far off bird sanctuary, you can wait them out forever. They go back and forth from the compound freely, they can slowly cut back that privilege, except for kids.

But the people undertaking this action took guns, and said they will defend their position if any legal authority comes to throw them out. Bundy & Co are the ones talking about shooting, not the authorities. If the authorities try to legally evict the squatters from the premises, and the squatters start shooting as they indicated they would, and the authorities then shoot back and kill them, righties like you will love it because then you will have "martyrs".
coldjoint

Sat 23 Jan, 2016 09:41 pm
@Blickers,
Quote:
righties like you will love it because then you will have "martyrs".

You Lefties have your Muslims martyrs and that doesn't seem to bother you. And they kill women and children.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Sat 23 Jan, 2016 09:42 pm
@Blickers,
Listening, I'm no tactiction.