Hundreds of Armed Right-Wing Militia Members Take Over Federal Building

bobsal u1553115

Tue 19 Jan, 2016 03:29 pm
@layman,
Hey Mookie, get a map and place Texas and Arkansas. Who's deeper south?

Texas was in the Confederacy, Texas had slavery, Texas had a cotton economy prior to 1861, Texas really, really loved the Klan, have you heard our freaking accents, there's Confederate monuments and Dixie flags EVERYWHERE, we celebrate Lee's and Kings birthdays together. Not deep south?
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Tue 19 Jan, 2016 03:32 pm
@layman,
Hey, dingbat,

http://cotton.tamu.edu/funfacts.html

"Texas Is Like A Whole Other Country"

Texas leads the U.S. in cotton production and it is our leading cash crop, ranking only behind the beef and nursery industries in total cash receipts. Texas annually produces about 25% of the entire U.S. crop and plants over 6 million acres! That’s over 9,000 square miles of cotton fields.

We’ve all heard the slogan “Texas is like a whole other country”, and from a cotton production perspective it’s certainly fitting. Almost anywhere you travel in Texas, you’ll be in cotton country.

You aren't by half as clever as you think you are, sock.
cicerone imposter

Tue 19 Jan, 2016 05:40 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Our son lives in Austin, and I enjoy visiting there because of the good restaurants, and it being a college town keeps it 'youngish.' All those clubs and restaurants on 6th Street is a regular for us.
It's also called "The Music Capital of the World."
blatham

Tue 19 Jan, 2016 06:19 pm
These people are fruitcakes. My god.
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/blaine-cooper-oregon-battle-trumpets
glitterbag

Tue 19 Jan, 2016 07:04 pm
@blatham,
Nine months from now we will learn of a sharp decline in the birth rate in a thousand mile radius from ground zero by the Deliverance Boys.
blatham

Tue 19 Jan, 2016 07:32 pm
@glitterbag,
I think you might be onto something, gb. Listening to that video, I quickly had to turn the volume way down as those horns were starting to make my nublets vibrate like that bridge in Washington State.
glitterbag

Tue 19 Jan, 2016 07:36 pm
@blatham,
Not something men want to feel when they need to populate an area. Women don't like it much either.
Finn dAbuzz

Tue 19 Jan, 2016 07:36 pm
@blatham,
Well there you go, you have incredibly weak nublets
blatham

Tue 19 Jan, 2016 07:44 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
Not something men want to feel

Actually, the first two seconds were delightful.
blatham

Tue 19 Jan, 2016 07:45 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Code:Well there you go, you have incredibly weak nublets

I could out-nublet you wearing toe shoes, bub.
glitterbag

Tue 19 Jan, 2016 07:50 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Actually, the first two seconds were delightful.

sighhhhh
0 Replies

roger

Tue 19 Jan, 2016 08:23 pm
@blatham,
I think the display was supposed to be endearing.
Finn dAbuzz

Tue 19 Jan, 2016 08:43 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

I'm sure you would have the advantage of familiarity with toe shoes but it will do you no good. You call them "nublets;" ergo you lose without a contest.
glitterbag

Tue 19 Jan, 2016 09:15 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

blatham wrote:

I'm sure you would have the advantage of familiarity with toe shoes but it will do you no good. You call them "nublets;" ergo you lose without a contest.

What do you think he meant when he used "nublets" ? I'm pretty sure you didn't know but your low level of testosterone screamed "hey, are you calling me a sissy?" He wasn't, and i suppose you might not actually be a sissified man, just a average guy with oversized ego and low t levels. You can be nice to him, he won't hurt you. Mikhail Baryshnikov would beat you like an old guitar, but not A2K folks.
blatham

Tue 19 Jan, 2016 09:36 pm
@roger,
Quote:
I think the display was supposed to be endearing.

That's the danger with performance art. What you intend doesn't necessarily get realized as you intended it.
0 Replies

blatham

Tue 19 Jan, 2016 09:47 pm
Actually, several months ago at the site where I'd been posting but was beginning to have fights with the moderators and their protocols, I posted the following sentence...

"My nublets are sore."

It got deleted. I pointed out to the moderator that "nublets" was not actually a real word. I had just made it up. Therefore, the sentence clearly had no meaning whatsoever. Any meaning had been added to it by the perverted moderator herself or himself.

On another occasion, and doing a similar sort of experiment, I posed a question to participants to see if any of them knew which Shakespeare play contained the following sentence...

"Lick my quatt."

Participants guessed and in a bit I revealed I'd just made this all up, including that word (I'd been thinking about kumquat and how nicely it rolled off the tongue and realized the "quat" portion was quite interesting and had a real middle english sound and appearance, but looked better with an extra 't').

That post and then all the very funny follow up comments got deleted.

That's when I decided to leave that site.

glitterbag

Tue 19 Jan, 2016 09:54 pm
@blatham,
I have used the term 'cluster-creep' to avoid being deleted. Everyone knew what I was saying, but couldn't swear to it. It would seem the other forum didn't appreciate humor, why waste your time?
0 Replies

blatham

Tue 19 Jan, 2016 10:13 pm
Yeah. It was getting robotic. Tough to let go though as I'd put in six years helping build and maintain that community, and as Greg Sargent had become a good friend. But I reached critical mass and that was it.
0 Replies

blatham

Tue 19 Jan, 2016 10:15 pm
got up really early so now gotta make up for that.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Tue 19 Jan, 2016 11:07 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I love Austin, and I tell everyone who asks why I love Texas - Austin ain't Texas.