5 year affair - now we are madly in love!

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2015 07:02 am
I have been dating a married man for 5 years. He's considerably older than me (28 years), but I feel age is no barrier. He has strayed as him and his wife only have a business relationship, and constantly argue. She even has been known to throw punches. He can't divorce her as he's afraid of taking his hard earned fortune. He lives only 3 days a week with her and the rest he spends in the country just to get away from her.

We see each other once a fortnight, behind everyone's back (I live an hour away). They all think we are just friends. We call everyday and text every night. 2 years ago, he confessed he's in love with me, as I am with him. With each time I see him, we are falling for each other even more. On many occasions we have merely met just to have dinner, then part ways. There's a lot more than just sex.

I so badly want this relationship to be official. For us to show our love to the world and not hide anymore and lie to people. But because of our age, it will be socially unacceptable. How should I tell him? Or should I even be doing it at all? This man has got under my skin!

Thanks for your help.

jespah

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2015 07:18 am
@chook1987,
Be prepared to take care of him financially then.

And then physically. 'Cause you're going to become his caregiver when he gets older.

If you're okay with this arrangement, then have at it.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2015 08:45 am
@chook1987,
Quote:
I so badly want this relationship to be official.
Why would you want to screw this thing up? Show the world?

Screw the world.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2015 09:17 am
@chook1987,
Quote:
I have been dating a married man for 5 years.
No, you have been having an emotional and physical affair for 5 years.

Quote:
He can't divorce her as he's afraid of taking his hard earned fortune.
Sure he can divorce her. And if he were as madly in love with you as you think he is, he would divorce her. Depending on the state, she would get no more than half of his fortune, leaving quite a bit I am guessing for the two of you.

Quote:
I so badly want this relationship to be official.
Based on your statement about him not being able to divorce her, this will never happen. So you have a decision to make. Are you willing to be his woman on the side forever or end things and find someone who can give you an "official" relationship? Your call.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2015 09:30 am
@chook1987,
chook1987 wrote:
He can't divorce her as he's afraid of taking his hard earned fortune.

You are having an affair with a married man who values his marriage and money than he values you.

It's not that complicated.
0 Replies