How many Trump supporters do we have on a2k?

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2015 03:30 pm
Donald Trump wants to ban all Muslims from traveling to the US. Seems he doesn't understand the US Constitution that guarantees the "Freedom of Religion" Does he qualify to be our president? If so, why?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 21 • Views: 13,339 • Replies: 161

View best answer, chosen by cicerone imposter
roger

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2015 05:17 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I definitely know of one, and then I'm not certain he is completely serious.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2015 05:25 pm
@roger,
From my POV, an animal that walks like a duck, and talks like a duck,, must be a duck. BTW, ducks have very small brains. To see so many who support 'this' duck is the craw that proves ducks are common in this country.
roger

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2015 05:43 pm
@cicerone imposter,
It is hard to believe so many ducks are just pulling our legs, but that's nationwide. On a2k, our ducks mainly waddle in a different direction.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2015 05:47 pm
@roger,
Yea, but, can they swim?
RABEL222

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2015 06:09 pm
@cicerone imposter,
If you check carefully, you'll find very few support him on a2k. Where his support seems to me to come from is the media. I cant check any news sites without finding 5 or 6 stories about this loudmouth idiot. Name recognition driven by the media is my only explanation.
Below viewing threshold (view)
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2015 06:22 pm
@McGentrix,
Go back and watch his statement again; you're missing some important info.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2015 06:25 pm
@RABEL222,
I'm very sorry to say that I live in an area where there are many Trump supporters.

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2015 06:30 pm
@Lash,
It's just mind-boggling to see so many in this country (born here too!) who still doesn't understand the US Constitution. That a bigot like Trump is so popular in this country is worrisome.
Lash

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2015 06:49 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I'd taught MLK's "Letter From Birmingham Jail," Elie Wiesel's Night, and led Socratic Seminars on the Holocaust, etc...and I was crestfallen when I mentioned Trump during a lesson on logical fallacies - and discovered that many of my students support Trump. My black students all called him a racist and made apt comparisons to Hitler.

Heartbreaking.
Setanta

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2015 06:53 pm
As a purely practical matter, it is usually more difficult to make a bid in no trump, so while not necessarily a "supporter," i am not morally opposed to trump.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2015 07:00 pm
@McGentrix,
I love it when people pretend to be constitutional scholars, and then clearly demonsrtate that they have nor read and understood the constitution. The Fourteenth Amendment reads, in part:

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Note the portion in bold face. Any person, citizen or not, is afforded equal protection of the law.

HELLO ? ! ? ! ?
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2015 07:27 pm
@Lash,
Did your students that support Trump say why they support him?
Lash

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2015 07:38 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Because Obama has been wrong about ISIS and is to blame for their strength, and is allowing them entrance into our country.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2015 07:46 pm
@Lash,
It is being claimed that Obama's war against ISIS is unconstitutional.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2015 07:55 pm
@McGentrix,
He specifically said American Muslims who are out of the country when he takes over will not be allowed back in. If he thinks he can shut down Mosques, anyone-else's Constitutional rights mean nothing also.

Don't you listen to what this nutcase has said out loud???
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2015 09:10 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
Only for American citizens. The U.S. Constitution does not apply to foreign citizens or visa seekers. He may know this.

BULLSHIT
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2015 09:11 pm
@RABEL222,
You're spot on! He's a loud mouth bigoted nut.
McGentrix

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2015 09:12 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

I love it when people pretend to be constitutional scholars, and then clearly demonsrtate that they have nor read and understood the constitution. The Fourteenth Amendment reads, in part:

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Note the portion in bold face. Any person, citizen or not, is afforded equal protection of the law.

HELLO ? ! ? ! ?

Was I pretending to be a constitutional scholar? I don't recall having that hat on.

But, in your italicized, bolded part there is a small section that says "within its jurisdiction". For those of us that aren't actually pretending to be anyone special, what do you suppose that means?