How many Trump supporters do we have on a2k?

McGentrix

Reply Sat 9 Jan, 2016 02:22 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Perhaps the two of you can share all the misinformation that Trump supporters are so misinformed about? Should be pretty easy despite the fact that the article Beth shared has none. Should be a piece of cake for you.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 9 Jan, 2016 02:25 pm
@McGentrix,
Here's 135,000 hits on "who supports Trump." https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=trump+supporters,+white,+older,+uneducated&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 9 Jan, 2016 02:26 pm
@McGentrix,
Could you repeat that? Maybe with a little less whining?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 9 Jan, 2016 03:00 pm
@McGentrix,
Do you really want a link to pages of Trump lies? I'm glad to link it ... with the proviso that you don't look at it. Don't want anyone doubling down further eh.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2015/dec/21/2015-lie-year-donald-trump-campaign-misstatements/ (summary - worth a read - especially about various efforts to get his supporters to reflect on the lies and why it hasn't worked)

Quote:
Trump has "perfected the outrageous untruth as a campaign tool," said Michael LaBossiere, a philosophy professor at Florida A&M University who studies theories of knowledge. "He makes a clearly false or even absurdly false claim, which draws the attention of the media. He then rides that wave until it comes time to call up another one."

PolitiFact has been documenting Trump’s statements on our Truth-O-Meter, where we’ve rated 76 percent of them Mostly False, False or Pants on Fire, out of 77 statements checked. No other politician has as many statements rated so far down on the dial.

In considering our annual Lie of the Year, we found our only real contenders were Trump’s -- his various statements also led our Readers’ Poll. But it was hard to single one out from the others. So we have rolled them into one big trophy.

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/ (chartish thing)

breakdown with links to individual lies

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/barely-true/

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/pants-fire/

Quote:
Trump has "perfected the outrageous untruth as a campaign tool," said Michael LaBossiere, a philosophy professor at Florida A&M University who studies theories of knowledge. "He makes a clearly false or even absurdly false claim, which draws the attention of the media. He then rides that wave until it comes time to call up another one."

PolitiFact has been documenting Trump’s statements on our Truth-O-Meter, where we’ve rated 76 percent of them Mostly False, False or Pants on Fire, out of 77 statements checked. No other politician has as many statements rated so far down on the dial.

In considering our annual Lie of the Year, we found our only real contenders were Trump’s -- his various statements also led our Readers’ Poll. But it was hard to single one out from the others. So we have rolled them into one big trophy.

___

Quote:
Amos Kiewe, a professor of communications at Syracuse University, has written books about the rhetoric of Ronald Reagan and Franklin Delano Roosevelt. He said Trump relies on bluster to make points. "In a roundabout-way, it reminds me of rule No. 7 of persuasion," Kiewe said. "If the facts are on your side, then hammer the fact; if the opinions are on your side then, hammer the opinions; and if neither the facts nor the opinions are on your side, then hammer the table."

Trump hammers the table.
Below viewing threshold (view)
jcboy

Reply Sat 9 Jan, 2016 03:18 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Thankfully, looking at the downward historic trend of total Republicans, shock jock style bigots like Trump, Rubio, or Cruz will go the way of the dinosaurs because the Republicans they cater to are going the way of the dinosaurs as well.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 9 Jan, 2016 03:19 pm
@McGentrix,
Trump was awarded Politfacts' 2015 Lie of the Year. Maybe, you can prove different.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 9 Jan, 2016 03:27 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:
All politicians lie and exaggerate. I can link to copious pages of Clinton and Sanders and Cruz and Rubio and Obama lies.

as noted in the article linked above (and many others, I can pull them in), Trump lies more than other candidates in the current election cycle

Many of his supporters believe the lies. Others choose to support him in spite of their awareness of his lies (that's a different area of research that I can provide info on as well).

I have no idea why you support Trump or what you believe of the things Trump says.

I am personally not interested in one voter's beliefs/opinions. I am interested in American politics as a matter of sociological and social psychological study. Social pathologies fascinate me.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 9 Jan, 2016 03:30 pm
@ehBeth,
Good luck on your study. I believe you're going to be more confused after your study, because it does't follow any logical psychological pattern. The only truism I believe is that Trump supporters are uneducated, and don't understand the US Constitution.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 11 Jan, 2016 08:18 am
@cicerone imposter,
And if they are legally allowed to vote get lost on their way to the polls.

Forbes run comes to mind.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 13 Jan, 2016 08:29 am
On the morning of Dec. 2, Jones hosted an extended, live interview with Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump. After about 30 minutes of mutual compliments, and Jones telling Trump that "about 90 percent" of his listeners support him, the presidential candidate wrapped things up by telling Jones, "Your reputation is amazing."
That same day, after that interview, 14 people were killed and 21 others were injured in the mass shooting in San Bernardino, Calif. Within hours of that news breaking, Jones and his website — predictably — were hosting discussions of how San Bernardino, like Newtown, like the Boston Marathon bombing, and of course like 9/11, was a hoax. Either it didn't happen, or if it did, it was perpetuated by the government to bring about … who knows, gun control, maybe? Mind control? Something about aliens? Concentration camps?
Mr. Trump is not the only presidential candidate to flirt with this particular strand of the American fringe. Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., and his father before him have made frequent appearances in that wild territory for years. But aside from an outsize media fascination with each of them, neither Paul has ever been anything other than an asterisk in presidential politics.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/commentary/ct-donald-trump-alex-jones-sandy-hook-false-flags-20151216-story.html
revelette2

Reply Wed 13 Jan, 2016 08:39 am
Quote:
MADDOW (HOST): Now is apparently the time in the race for the presidency where we get the white supremacist robocalls on behalf of Donald Trump. And I don't mean that as hyperbole. I don't mean there's some new vaguely racist-sounding thing coming out of the Trump campaign. That's not at all what I mean. No, these robocalls are not from the Trump campaign. And I'm not saying they just sound a little racist. They are overtly by white supremacists who are endorsing Mr. Trump for president on the basis of his presidential campaign platform.

ROBOCALL 1: I'm Jared Taylor with American Renaissance. I urge you to vote for Donald Trump because he is the one candidate who points out that we should accept immigrants who are good for America. We don't need Muslims. We need smart, well-educated white people who will assimilate to our culture. Vote trump.

ROBOCALL 2: I am William Johnson, a farmer and white nationalist. Support Donald Trump. I paid for this through the super PAC. 213-718-3908. This call is not authorized by Donald Trump.

MADDOW: That indeed was not authorized by Donald Trump. But that exists. These white nationalists, white supremacist groups say they have already started rolling out these robocalls to homes across Iowa. Now tonight they say they plan to start running them nationwide. And again, this is not Donald Trump running ads, running robocalls featuring white supremacists. This is the white supremacists, this is the white nationalist movement in America doing this on their own initiative on behalf of a candidate who they truly admire. Happy 2016 Republican presidential primary. This year the white supremacists have got their guy in this race.

source
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 13 Jan, 2016 01:51 pm
@revelette2,
They'll still end up with 30% of the votes. It's necessary for the remaining 70% of voters to ensure that Trump doesn't get in.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 14 Jan, 2016 07:20 am
Donald Trump Gets Heckled at New Hampshire Diner: 'Enjoy Your Burger, Racist!'
Donald Trump made a rare retail campaign stop in Manchester, New Hampshire after a Monday rally, surprising patrons at the famous Red Arrow Diner. The Republican presidential candidate got some grub, but also something unexpected -- an earful from one patron who was clearly not a fan.

“Enjoy your burger, racist!”a young woman shouted from the back of the restaurant before walking out.

Outside, the heckler identified herself to ABC News as Jane, but declined to give her last name. She said she was visiting the state from South Carolina, and was unaware Trump would make an appearance as she enjoyed lunch.

“I’m really struck by his racism and Islamophobia,” Jane said. “I wanted to make sure people remembered that he is racist, and that he’s using it to rally voters.”

http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/stltoday.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/0/12/012eb944-3772-564b-aaf9-32b07468b540/56906634d0ffe.image.jpg

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/donald-trump-heckled-hampshire-diner-enjoy-burger-racist/story?id=36218722
McGentrix

Reply Thu 14 Jan, 2016 07:23 am
@bobsal u1553115,
mmmmm... freedom. Good for everyone!
ehBeth

Reply Thu 14 Jan, 2016 10:54 am
@revelette2,
American Renaissance?
that's a nasty group.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Thu 14 Jan, 2016 03:13 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
Within hours of that news breaking, Jones and his website — predictably — were hosting discussions of how San Bernardino, like Newtown, like the Boston Marathon bombing, and of course like 9/11, was a hoax.

I can recall that following the Boston Marathon bombing and several posts by members of A2k on this site, the general consensus by A2K posters ( who didn't live in Boston) was the belief that the Boston Marathon bombing wasn't an act of terrorism!![/b So..what was so unique about the comments of Jones?
parados

Reply Thu 14 Jan, 2016 04:29 pm
@Miller,
This is why Jones is so different. He says it was faked.

http://www.infowars.com/hollywood-producer-claims-boston-bombing-was-a-false-flag-attack/
BillRM

Reply Thu 14 Jan, 2016 06:42 pm
@parados,
I find it amazing the degree of nonsense that can have a hearing on the unfilter internet.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 14 Jan, 2016 09:38 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
mmmmm... freedom. Good for everyone!

I knooooow. Why do you suppose Mr Trump hates freedom so much?????