The rules are changing, we are going to start showing the assholes the door

maporsche

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2018 10:13 am
It's almost like everyone online has a persecution complex, when in reality almost no one gives a ****.
0 Replies

NSFW (view)
Lash

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2018 10:41 am
Here’s a great test case.

https://able2know.org/topic/404158-134#post-6663589

Drew Dad comes in with a reasonable statement, but if you follow the dialogue, you can see how DD quickly devolves into ridiculous, insulting personal accusations like bot farms and how Edgar is getting paid for his “agenda”.

It’s so bizarre, I thought for a minute he was being nutty on purpose.

Argue points, hells yeah—but this is insane.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2018 10:41 am
@nimh,
nimh wrote:
Hell, even the whole "cheese-eater" thing would probably piss off the mods of most forums eventually.
Zegt een echte kaaseter Wink
Setanta

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2018 11:41 am
@nimh,
I could not agree more with your remarks in regard to Oralloy. He has never called me names, so I don't call him names. I've never known him to portray himself as something he clearly is not, so I've never characterized him as a hypocrite. I do consider him as delusional on several topics, but I address those subjects directly when they come up. By and large, I think he is deluded, and hidebound by political opinions which I consider extremist and unrealistic.

But I don't consider him a troll, and as regards the topic here, I don't consider him an asshole. It would be no skin off my nose if he were banned, but I would consider it unjust.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2018 12:03 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

Here’s a great test case.

https://able2know.org/topic/404158-134#post-6663589

Drew Dad comes in with a reasonable statement, but if you follow the dialogue, you can see how DD quickly devolves into ridiculous, insulting personal accusations like bot farms and how Edgar is getting paid for his “agenda”.

It’s so bizarre, I thought for a minute he was being nutty on purpose.

Argue points, hells yeah—but this is insane.

I think it's funny how you can manage to insert a link, and pin point a thread/post when it doesn't involve you, but criticizes another, but can't manage to figure out how to post links or quote when asked to show where someone has said a specific thing you claim was said. Or, on the occassion you do quote someone, what you claim was said is not there, in black and white.

You have a real double standard. You can fabricate what others say, you can quote them and their words to others, and much more, but others are supposed to walk on eggshells around you.

Others are supposed to change how/what they say because, as my mother used to say, you can dish it out, but your sure can't take it.

What is most sad, is that you are, and will remain, completely blind to this.

0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2018 12:10 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Guilty as charged!

https://media.giphy.com/media/z7WDgVoPhLo7S/giphy.gif
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2018 12:17 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

Yeah. That is an excellent example of how not to use the word "troll".
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
Olivier5

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2018 01:01 pm
@georgeob1,
BTW, I didn't mean to say that everybody participating in the theoretical discussion was "framing", just that some were probably doing so.
chai2

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2018 01:45 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

Making personal accusations about other people and presenting it as truth is just plain wrong.

Yes, it most certainly is.

Lash wrote:

If I returned that in kind, what kind of place would this be?

The kind of place we have obviously, since somehow it's ok for you to do it, but no one else....or actually do something that is only in your eyes.

chai2

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2018 01:53 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

I respond to bad behavior with bad behavior.

Wow.

Lash wrote:

I’m pointing out the behavior that I think hurts the site on this thread when I see it in hopes that the mods might notice the kind of personal attack I’m talking about. If the moderators would react to this 100% personal attack-type of post with uniformity, I’d much prefer never to take part in that low form of communication. Of course, I’d be happy to submit myself to the same judgment for the same infraction.

If you were ever put on hiatus temporarily for your own name calling, accusations and other that are your definition of trolling, you wouldn't know whether to **** or go bowling.

Why are you even making a case for the mods to do this to you?

Do you honestly not see that what you are complaining about regarding others is no different from what you engage in?

Seriously?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2018 02:02 pm
Chai is setting a good example of what a troll is.
Olivier5

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2018 02:05 pm
@chai2,
Quote:
The kind of place we have

Yep. Somebody used the term bête noire and I think it's appropriate, in the sense that allowing oneself to become obsessed about a particular vilain is a great way to becoming trollish-like.

We all know who's Lash's bête noire... Her hatred of Hillary makes her trollish-like when dealing with anyone saying anything positive about Clinton.

Me, I don't like Clinton much but would have voted for her to avoid the Trumpocalypse. If I was American instead of Uzbek, that is.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2018 02:09 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

BTW, I didn't mean to say that everybody participating in the theoretical discussion was "framing", just that some were probably doing so.

No problem. Either way they're still at it. I think the definitions I offered of Troll & non troll remain largely ('tho not perfectly) accurate.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2018 02:14 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

Chai is setting a good example of what a troll is.

0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2018 02:25 pm
Reminds me the story of the rabbi who went off to see heaven and hell, and came back to tell how they look like. The story of the long spoons...

https://bolstablog.wordpress.com/2009/04/10/long-spoons/
layman

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2018 03:00 pm
Whatever a "troll" is or aint, I figure you aint never gunna see one unless you're trollable.

Quote:
“If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” (Marcus Aurelius)

Chum is for chumps.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2018 03:01 pm
@Olivier5,
Thanks. That's a keeper (and a lot better than my longer, less eloquent version above). I had not heard it before.

It does indeed apply here.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2018 03:17 pm
@Olivier5,
Nice one.