The rules are changing, we are going to start showing the assholes the door

ehBeth

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2018 03:55 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:
I disagree, I don't see Max trolling here (or anywhere else).

it's the only quiver in his hat

he went to an obituary thread and trashed it

give him a certain set of tags or posters and he's on it

he's got to work his long suit somehow

I disengaged a couple of years back but I still see people's responses - trying to get him back on track. There's no point.
Lash

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2018 04:02 pm
We encounter a lot of different types of people here, and long ago I decided to take people at face value. Otherwise, we’re constantly compiling dossiers on everybody who wanders through. We’re bound to be wrong sometimes.

I think people who always have a story to tell about other members - as though they know them - is weirder than the contrarians.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2018 04:04 pm
@hingehead,
still pretty much the way I see it

hingehead wrote:

Your premise is false, at least in my case. I don't ignore people to punish, I ignore them to survive and increase the chance of meaningful interaction in my experience of A2K.

Someone has to repeatedly be a dick and show major cognitive dissonance before I'll ignore them.

Having opinions I disagree with or using an obnoxious faux persona constructed for your own amusement usually isn't enough. Otherwise I would have ignored you. Razz
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2018 04:11 pm
@glitterbag,
prescient about the state of the US it seems

layman wrote:
Suppose the President plans an "address the nation" speech, designed to articulate his goals and, presumably, open them up to "public" discussion. But, before the address, he sends his agents in to shut off the TV's of every person he doesn't like.

Wouldn't that strike you, on principle and a priori, as somehow wrong?

That's simply not "public" discussion. It excludes potential critics, that's all.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2018 04:50 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

I think people who always have a story to tell about other members - as though they know them - is weirder than the contrarians.

Then why do you do that?

You seem to know what's going through my mind, what my intents are, and why, at any given moment.

If you weren't so sure of what the Chai story is, why would you ask me to explain confirm what I mean, if it isn't what you've decided what I meant?

Lash

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2018 04:58 pm
@chai2,
I think you’ve sprung a leak.
chai2

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2018 05:00 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

I disengaged a couple of years back but I still see people's responses - trying to get him back on track. There's no point.

In my Chai way I also feel like I've disengaged with him....mentally.

While I may occassional respond to something pertaining what he's said, via seeing it in others quotes, I just don't feel attached to it.

I'm feeling that way about lash too now. It's like I know nothing will change, but in her case, it's just so....there. I'll respond to her as I want, it's my business. But it's kinda like with this disbelief I'm doing it.

0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2018 05:07 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

I think you’ve sprung a leak.

I think you might be, or are a blood relative of Seaglass.

I once, in all serious, asked her online if she was feeling well at that moment. I told her I was being serious because she was exhibiting signs of a stroke or similar, and I was concerned. She's really old.

Her response was something like asking me if I've sprung a leak.

She wasn't having a stroke, she was just batty. Drunk and dementia.

That was when she accused me of having an online affair with her husband, who has since died. She told me she knew all about the smutty PM's I was sending him, enticing him.

You're not that bad obviously, but it's like you can't grip the entire thing, and fill in the blanks with whatever comes to mind.

Lash

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2018 05:42 pm
@chai2,
I’ve thought the same about you for a while—rambly and a little incoherent, but I do remember that odd exchange between you and seaglass.

You have been having long conversations about me with yourself, and then posting as if I’d said what you’d said about me. Initially, I thought you were doing it intentionally—hence my mention of sealioning. Now, I’m not sure if it’s not some malfunction in your processor.

But, no matter. I’d not been reading you because of that for a while, and I’m sure once this blows over, I’ll return to that. No great harm has been done. Just mild irritation.
chai2

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2018 06:53 pm
@Lash,
It is so weird you can go from a coherent statement, like your first sentence, to then saying "you've been (meaning me) having long conversations about me with yourself, and then posting......"

We've already gone over this before lash. We specifically addressed this.

I have asked you in this thread to show where I have done that, and you posted a response that clearly showed you took my words and made them mean whatever you wanted them to.

Here it is exactly. On page 63 of this thread you again said something about me making up conversations in my head, and then me thinking it was you saying it.

I asked you directly to cite where I did that, and it turns out you were thinking I made up a conversation we had back and forth in posts, when actually what I said was I was talking about something you said a few posts above. Those were my words.... https://able2know.org/topic/305632-63#post-6662491

I called you on that, and your response was that it had been a "convoluted and meandering" post. Which obviously didn't show where I did anything you claimed.

If you think my posts are meandering, covoluted, rambly and incoherent, that's on you, not me. I also stated there were others who had no problems understanding me, so if you can't understand me, it's you.

So frankly lash, put up or shut up.

I've asked you multiple times now to show where I've done anything you said, and what you supplied once didn't answer a thing.

You tell me of all these things I've done, but you can't seem to show where I've done it.

If you can't, or won't do that, then you're the one making stuff up, and telling me it was me. That's gaslighting.

Go on, show me, in context, quote me, share the link to a page, anything.
Anything that shows I've done anything you've claimed.

The most you've done when I asked this before is respond something like "no, you're lying" .....ok, and show me where.

glitterbag

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2018 07:20 pm
@chai2,
Look on the bright side, at least she isn't calling you a drunk. Yet
Setanta

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2018 07:25 pm
In Bernie's Trump and Relevant Contemporary Events thread, Lash said that Plump was her president and the Republicans were her party. Whenever I've reminded her of that, she hasn't said I'm mistaken, she hasn't said that I'm wrong. She has called me a liar, every time. Her hypocrisy in bringing the Koko thread into this discussion, and taking a high moral tone about personal attacks is just disgusting.
Lash

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2018 07:43 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta knows I was mocking Trump when I said something like “that’s my president,” commenting on some ridiculous thing Trump said. I definitely didn’t say the Republicans were my party.

If Setanta proves that what I just said is a lie, I’ll leave A2K for a month.

However, if he can’t find that proof, he leaves for a month.

Certainly, if he’s telling the truth, he’ll take me up on that.
Lash

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2018 07:54 pm
@Lash,
Certainly if he’s telling the truth, he’ll take me up on that.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2018 07:58 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

Laughing

Well, that's not gonna happen.
Lash

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2018 08:01 pm
@Lash,
Chai,

Find where I said this shite you pulled out of your ass or shut up, since you like making similar demands.

Lash wrote:

Quote:

If I had done the same thing to lash, she would be claiming I was trolling her....following her around and restating, calling me on, arguing what I said.

Lash would feel perhaps I was harrassing her, wondering why I was trying to force/intice/trick/etc her into further argument.

But if lash does it.....it's quite all right. It's expressing her opinion. Nothing more or less.

This is all a figment of chai’s imagination.
chai2

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2018 08:04 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

If Setanta proves that what I just said is a lie, I’ll leave A2K for a month.

However, if he can’t find that proof, he leaves for a month.

Certainly, if he’s telling the truth, he’ll take me up on that.

Wait. What?

Sooooo....Set, or others are supposed to provide evidence/proof of what he or they have said, or what you claim he or others have said, but you don't?

Well, ok then.

If Lash proves/shows evidence I have been having conversations with myself and attribute it to having it with her, if lash proves I have told lies about anything, I'll leave for a month.

If she can't she leaves for a month.

Certainly, if she has proof/evidence, she'll take me up on that.

(wow could it really be that easy?)

0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2018 08:05 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

glitterbag wrote:

Laughing

Well, that's not gonna happen.

No idea why that would be thumbed down.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2018 08:08 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

Chai,

Find where I said this shite you pulled out of your ass or shut up, since you like making similar demands.

Lash wrote:

Quote:

If I had done the same thing to lash, she would be claiming I was trolling her....following her around and restating, calling me on, arguing what I said.

Lash would feel perhaps I was harrassing her, wondering why I was trying to force/intice/trick/etc her into further argument.

But if lash does it.....it's quite all right. It's expressing her opinion. Nothing more or less.

This is all a figment of chai’s imagination.

Um....I didn't say you said any of this.

What is wrong with your reading comprehension?
Lash

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2018 08:14 pm
@chai2,
Oh, I see! This is what we’re doing. Ok.

If I had done the same thing to chai, she would be claiming I was trolling her....following her around and restating, calling me on, arguing what I said.

Chai would feel perhaps I was harrassing her, wondering why I was trying to force/intice/trick/etc her into further argument.

But if Chai does it.....it's quite all right. It's expressing her opinion. Nothing more or less.

That Chai! She feels that she needs to be treated with kid gloves. She demands special treatment. Why oh why does Chai believe all this weird stuff?