@Finn dAbuzz,
So we find one more tie that binds us.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2015 03:17 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
Re: blatham (Post 6097019)
I wasnt , like, banished temporarily< but all my incoming posts from yesterday are coming in as Chinese.
办理澳洲迪肯大学毕业证成绩单学历认证.

This is BRILLIANT!! I wonder what it says? FBM around?

Their script is pretty enough that content seems irrelevant.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2015 04:53 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Quote:
@McGentrix,
This is why we needed tablets too, because before this bathroom breaks were opportunities for the internet to be wrong!

You've just added value to what is perhaps the best internet-related cartoon ever drawn.

0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2015 05:25 pm
@snood,
Quote:
The more I think about it, I like the idea of structuring threads so that the tangential arguments can just spin off, leaving the central thread to continue its topical discussion. I think that could potentially spare folks a lot of migraines.

I've been on sites with both formats. Threaded comments work just fine.

But my experience here and elsewhere gives me certainty to 100% that most any announced change to the way an existing online community operates will gain protest and anxiety from some members. We get used to a system and change can feel uncomfortable.

But my experience also tells me that once a change is in place and functioning, protests and anxieties tend to evaporate pretty quickly - it takes about a week.

0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2015 05:32 pm
@Robert

I've gone through the thread now and further clarifications of your initial post have helped flesh-out your design ideas. If at some point, you or another could make a pictograph of the larger scheme (not the procedural rules) that would be helpful, at least for folks with brains like mine.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2015 01:22 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank: Are you still with us? Log-in and say something!
wmwcjr

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2015 01:27 pm
@Miller,
I hope he's okay. Sad
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2015 10:05 pm
So, how many members are still banned?
glitterbag

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2015 10:22 pm
@layman,
layman wrote:

Aint talkin bout nobody in particular here, but, leave us face it, eh?

With some pervs, the more deader, the more better.

Pray tell, genius blues man, who are the pervs who are 'more deader the better'?
snood

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2015 10:37 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

layman wrote:

Aint talkin bout nobody in particular here, but, leave us face it, eh?

With some pervs, the more deader, the more better.

Pray tell, genius blues man, who are the pervs who are 'more deader the better'?

I think that's far too direct a question that requires far too direct an answer from layman. He has to be allowed enough wiggle room to be enigmatic and obscure, eh?
layman

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2015 10:43 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:

Why you asking now, Glitter? I done told ya. Pervs like Adolph Hitler.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2015 10:48 pm
@snood,
Quote:
I think that's far too direct a question that requires far too direct an answer from layman. He has to be allowed enough wiggle room to be enigmatic and obscure, eh?

This, comin from a guy who makes strong allegations, but refuses to answer a single question about his basis for such drama queenery. Of course, it's hard to provide a basis when there aint none, so I kinda understand.
blatham

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2015 10:58 pm
Hey guys. The bickering thing is pretty boring and simple-minded. There's a lot of smart and thoughtful stuff being written and reported which we can all link to and discuss. Let's try to make this a place where we can learn. It just takes each of us to refrain from the bickering thing.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2015 11:09 pm
@layman,
layman wrote:

Quote:

This, comin from a guy who makes strong allegations, but refuses to answer a single question about his basis for such drama queenery. Of course, it's hard to provide a basis when there aint none, so I kinda understand.

It takes reading about two posts of yours to realize you're some backwards-ass phony that's on this forum trying to impress someone that you're some kind of worldly intellectual. The mess you write that's not straight up childish posturing is indecipherable gibberish. From here on out, I'll leave others to try to sort through it for anything remotely useful. Eat my ignore, jackass.
blatham

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2015 11:10 pm
That's odd. I'd written a reply above noting that I'd met CI in San Francisco and had met his lovely wife as well. And I noted to Roger that he and I had met in Albuquerque one evening at a restaurant. That post seems to have evaporated.
layman

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2015 11:11 pm
@snood,
Quote:
Eat my ignore, jackass.

Oooooh, that really, I mean, like, REALLY hurt, eh?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2015 02:00 am
@blatham,
I saw it moments ago, and we did meet in Albuquerque.
dlowan

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2015 03:13 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

So, how many members are still banned?

Nobody knows, tiddly pom
roger

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2015 03:22 am
@dlowan,
Sounds like old time Argentina. People disappeared. Or, "He was disappeared".
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2015 06:56 am
@snood,
Smart move.