The rules are changing, we are going to start showing the assholes the door

layman

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2015 04:54 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
progressive (an hilarious term).

I agree. Forget the candyass euphemisms.

Call a spade a spade.

Call a commie a commie.
BillRM

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2015 04:54 am
@Robert Gentel,
My lord you are turning this website into a new version of the old AOL website with informers an all.

Shame on you but as others had already stated it is your ballpark and if you would care to ruin it so be it

I love the comment that if you do not think Hawkeye is all that bad compare to others just informed on them also.

If I would state my honest opinion of you I would be joining Hawkeye in short order.
Setanta

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2015 04:59 am
@layman,
Now tell us all about the bullying behavior of people around here, Mr. Simon Pure, Concerned Member.

0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2015 05:00 am
@BillRM,
People are complaining that there is much more egregious verbal abuse and I'm just asking them what they are talking about, I'm not tying to get "informers" and you are being silly.
layman

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2015 05:02 am
@Robert Gentel,
Quote:
If you have worse examples put up or stop complaining about these hypothetical abuses you chide me for not righting

You misunderstand me. I'm not "chiding" anyone. I'm not calling for more vigorous moderation. It would suit me fine if there was no moderation whatsoever. As I said, I would never complain to admins, and I'm not trying to do so now.

I'm just responding to your thread title, which declares the intention to "show assholes the door." If you want to clean this place up, and make it more hospitable for those who want to avoid confrontation, then some "assholes" should be more apparent candidates than others. Of course, that may depend on how you want to look at things.

I edited my last post (in the wrong place, but it's too late to change it now) to add this:

"If the guy getting hit was my homey, and the guy getting kicked was my enemy, then I would see it differently."
BillRM

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2015 05:02 am
@Robert Gentel,
Quote:
A2K because they insult entire classes of people

My my we can not have entire classes of people being insulted unless they are on the approved list of people you are free to insult such as police, or right wingers or.................
Robert Gentel

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2015 05:03 am
@Setanta,
The majority here is liberal and has always been, hence the persecution complex in many conservatives and greater resentment on their side to population-based metrics.

There are legitimate points to be had there, and I when I have some time I will be demonstrating the algorithms I've labored on to improve how the community culture is influenced by the software in such situations in a future thread.
layman

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2015 05:04 am
@Robert Gentel,
Quote:
You may disagree with the protected nature of these classes (your racial caricature schtick suggests you might)

Not sure exactly what you're trying to imply, but I think that all "classes" should be equally protected, I guess.
BillRM

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2015 05:06 am
@Robert Gentel,
No I am not being silly that what you are doing setting up informers and I can just see the games that will result of baiting posters and then when they go over some line as a result of the baiting banning them.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2015 05:08 am
@Robert Gentel,
No, you're wrong. The majority here may once have been liberal, but i doubt that even that is true. As an example, Timber was conservative, and many a long conversation i had with him on political topics face to face. He just didn't get down in the trenches to do the mud wrestling. I see no reason to agree with your characterization in the present community.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2015 05:09 am
@layman,
layman wrote:
If you want to clean this place up, and make it more hospitable for those who want to avoid confrontation, then some "assholes" should be more apparent candidates than others.

And again, I'll just have to take your word for it given that you refuse to substantiate your repeated claim despite repeated requests to do so.

You guys act like I'm omniscient on this forum and being unfair, in reality I'm a person who has not been on this forum in years and has been here a few days trying to get A2K pointed north again. If there is more egregious stuff out there then that might just mean I haven't yet seen it. It does not mean that there is a double standard.

Given that nobody wants to put up a single example, it's not feedback with any point to it other than a very general "I'm unhappy".

Quote:
"If the guy getting hit was my homey, and the guy getting kicked was my enemy, then I might see it differently."

Everyone on this forum is obsessed with the US political divide and you are projecting this onto others assuming a diametrically opposed bias in them.

But that's silly, this forum is setting a standard for tone and it will be applied to each sides equally and you all have no evidence to the contrary other than the FUD you are repeating.
Robert Gentel

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2015 05:12 am
@BillRM,
Yes, just like the US of A and nearly every society on earth. There are some protected classes.

And most people are able to understand why. Discriminating against someone for their politics is not morally objectionable. Discriminating against them for their race or sexuality is.

Not all classes are created equal, there are differences and reasons some are protected and some aren't. So yes you can discriminate against liberals and conservatives alike here but you cannot use slurs directed at people based on their race or sexuality.

Politics (like right winger) is an opinion people hold and can change. Race and sexuality is not and you are asserting a false equivalence.
BillRM

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2015 05:13 am
@layman,
Quote:
I think that all "classes" should be equally protected, I guess.

You do know that king Robert will be human enough to consider some classes far more worthy of protections the others do you not?
Robert Gentel

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2015 05:14 am
@layman,
layman wrote:
Not sure exactly what you're trying to imply, but I think that all "classes" should be equally protected, I guess.

That makes no sense. Here are two classes: pedophiles and black people. You cannot equate slurs directed at these classes. You are doing so out of a misguided desire for false equivalence.
Robert Gentel

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2015 05:15 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
You do know that king Robert will be human enough to consider some classes far more worthy of protections the others do you not?

Come now jester BillRM, I'm far more human than your eccentric self!
BillRM

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2015 05:20 am
@Robert Gentel,
Quote:
being unfair, in reality I'm a person who has not been on this forum in years and has been here a few days trying to get A2K

An the less your impacted on this forum the better for everyone instead of turning it into an informers full system

I love the part that if you do not care for my actions base on my current informers then please become an informer yourself.
FBM

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2015 05:20 am
@Robert Gentel,
Robert Gentel wrote:

layman wrote:

That makes no sense. Here are two classes: pedophiles and black people. You cannot equate slurs directed at these classes. You are doing so out of a misguided desire for false equivalence.

Or false relevance...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2015 05:22 am
Additionally, homosexual men have been subjected to terrible harassment, beatings and even murder. There was that poor kid in Wyoming who was beaten and tied to a fence where he died. When i was living in Ohio, a kid was beaten so badly one of his retinas separated, and by the time he received treatment, the doctors pronounced it too late to save the vision in that eye. He'll be blind for life in that eye. His attackers, who jumped him in broad daylight in a residential neighborhood repeatedly called him "fag" as they kicked and beat him.

Calling someone holy roller (which really seems to set people off here) is not the same--christians have never been persecuted in this country. Calling someone a tree-hugger or a bleeding heart equally doesn't carry the same weight of opprobrium and the baggage of murderous persecution. I think that calling someone commie skirts the line--as Roger suggested earlier, some people get away with their vitriol because they are careful in its use.

Calling someone a fag, and other similar, vile epithets is beyond the pale because of the history of persecution involved, and an implicit threat.
layman

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2015 05:23 am
@Robert Gentel,
Quote:
Politics (like right winger) is an opinion people hold and can change

Well, Bob, ya know, ya can't fix stupid. That said, people are routinely called idiots around this here joint.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2015 05:24 am
@Robert Gentel,
So due to the fact that a police officer can always find another career so insulting all police officers is ok but making an insult aim at all females is not?