The rules are changing, we are going to start showing the assholes the door

layman

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2015 12:41 am
@snood,
snood wrote:

layman wrote:

Aint talkin bout nobody in particular here, but, leave us face it, eh?

With some pervs, the more deader, the more better.

Did you know Merry Andrew?

Like I done said, Snood:

Quote:
Aint talkin bout nobody in particular here,

But lemme do that now, eh?

I don't wanna hear NOBODY dissin no Adolph Hitler. That poor boy is dead and gone and aint nobody should oughta run round speakin ill of the dead, eh?

Aint that right, Glitter?
layman

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2015 12:49 am
@glitterbag,
Quote:
Snood asked: Did you know Merry Andrew

glitterbag wrote:

Of course not, or he wouldn't have stepped in it up to his ankles. He's kissing up to Finn, lets wish him good luck with that.

So, you too pretend that I'm talkin bout Andrew when I specifically said I wasn't, eh?

What's up with that, I wonder?
glitterbag

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2015 01:11 am
@layman,
Well you are gloriously stupid, I'll give you that. But, skippy not everyone wants to shovel your crap. I don't pretend, and Andy/Merry's wife is still plugged in. Does it make you feel like a man to cause Merry's widow pain? I'm guessing it does, because you are not even a shadow. Revel in your skimpy glory, layman.
snood

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2015 01:20 am
@layman,
layman wrote:

snood wrote:

layman wrote:

Aint talkin bout nobody in particular here, but, leave us face it, eh?

With some pervs, the more deader, the more better.

Did you know Merry Andrew?

Like I done said, Snood:

Quote:
Aint talkin bout nobody in particular here,

But lemme do that now, eh?

I don't wanna hear NOBODY dissin no Adolph Hitler. That poor boy is dead and gone and aint nobody should oughta run round speakin ill of the dead, eh?

Aint that right, Glitter?

Dude, wtf? If you knew him and you're saying this crap in a conversation about him, it's f-ed up. If you DIDN'T know him, and you're saying this crap in a conversation about him, it's f-ed up and also kind of mental. Whichever is the case, seriously, wtf?
layman

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2015 01:24 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

Well you are gloriously stupid, I'll give you that. But, skippy not everyone wants to shovel your crap. I don't pretend, and Andy/Merry's wife is still plugged in. Does it make you feel like a man to cause Merry's widow pain? I'm guessing it does, because you are not even a shadow. Revel in your skimpy glory, layman.

"I don't pretend..." Ya don't, eh? Can you read?

0 Replies

layman

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2015 01:27 am
@snood,
Quote:
Dude, wtf? If you knew him and you're saying this crap in a conversation about him, it's f-ed up.

Does anybody around here even read what other people say, or do they ALWAYS insist that their subjective projections HAVE to be right? I'll just say it again, eh?

Quote:
So, you too pretend that I'm talkin bout Andrew when I specifically said I wasn't, eh?

What's up with that, I wonder?
glitterbag

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2015 01:34 am
@snood,
Snood, I think our boy can't face up to his comments. He's too engaged in appearing (cool, hip, wtf kids are saying) who cares, really what difference does it make.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2015 01:56 am
All right. I generally never do this, but on this point I'll take a minute to explain the point I was making, seein as how some seem to be hell-bent on twisting my words on a sensitive topic.

I will say these things first, even though I expect them all to be ignored if I get any response to this post:

1. I didn't "know" Andrew, but from what I've seen of his posts, I liked the guy.
2. NOTHING I said had ANYTHING to do with him personally. Nor did it have anything to do with whatever particular comments Finn may have made--I don't even know what they were. I was just making a general observation or two.
3. If you disagree with my "observations," which I take to be self-evident, please feel free to do so. But don't argue against "observations" which I am NOT making.

Like it or not, not EVERYBODY who has ever lived was admirable. Their death doesn't change that.

I have some homeys and some enemies. If I die tomorrow, that won't change the way any of them feel about me or the types of things they say about me. Should my death make a difference? That's debatable, I suppose, but it won't, regardless of what "should" be.

If I'm dead, and someone says something extremely negative about me, my homeys will "stand up for me," even though I'm dead.

And his homeys will "stand up" for him, chiming in about what a slimy bastard I am (was), even though I'm dead.

It's just a question of whose side your on, I figure. That's just the way it is, for better or worse, in my experience.
glitterbag

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2015 02:19 am
@layman,
Well, it's good you never do that, because you would look like an even more clueless member than you already are. It might not be wise to wander into others posts and pose as if you know who is being discussed. I'm not trying to convince you that Merry was a great guy, people who knew him knew he was.

So when you're anxious to suck up to somebody, check the history and make sure your not being influenced by a verbose blowhard who doesn't like anybody.

But what the hell you might become buddies.
layman

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2015 02:25 am
@glitterbag,
Quote:
So when you're anxious to suck up to somebody, check the history and make sure your not being influenced by a verbose blowhard who doesn't like anybody.

About what I figured from you, Glitter. It appears that, for whatever reason, you don't like Finn, and your responses to him are probably mainly made to convey that sentiment, regardless of the topic, and regardless of whether you agree with what he is saying or not.

And, of course, anybody who doesn't hate who you hate is "sucking up," to them. Everybody is either for you, or against you, eh?
0 Replies

layman

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2015 02:41 am
@glitterbag,
Quote:
It might not be wise to wander into others posts and pose as if you know who is being discussed. I'm not trying to convince you that Merry was a great guy, people who knew him knew he was.

Also, as expected, you ignore what I say, and always say the topic is what YOU want it to be. You obviously don't care to respond to what anyone says. You just want a platform to express your emotions which, for some reason or other, generally seem to be quite negative. At least the ones you want to talk about.

snood

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2015 03:30 am
@layman,
You are out of line man. But it's abundantly clear that you are not going to let being wrong stand in your way, so blather on.
layman

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2015 03:48 am
@snood,
snood wrote:

You are out of line man. But it's abundantly clear that you are not going to let being wrong stand in your way, so blather on.

Wrong about what, snood?
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2015 06:16 am
@layman,
Why are you channeling Hawkeye?
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2015 06:17 am
I'm still working my way through this thread to get a better concept of what Robert is planning. I'm not technically-minded nor experienced so that makes my learning curve a tad painful, because burning new neural circuits hurts for a bit.

But the last few pages here (and many other threads) pretty clearly demonstrate that some serious changes are necessary. I'm surprised at the proportion of posts written which are vitriolic attacks on other posters. That folks do not grasp how self-destructive this tendency is in social media (or in any group context, eg one's work environment, one's family, etc) is what I find surprising.

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2015 06:24 am
@snood,
In four words, "No. He. Did. Not."
0 Replies

layman

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2015 06:28 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

I'm surprised at the proportion of posts written which are vitriolic attacks on other posters.

That's what A2K is alla bout. Ya aint gotta be here very long to figure that out, eh?

Quote:
That folks do not grasp how self-destructive this tendency is in social media (or in any group context, eg one's work environment, one's family, etc) is what I find surprising.

Well, looky here, eh? What makes you think it aint grasped? Who cares if you destroy yourself, and long as you can take out someone you HATE with you. That's what hate is for.

Witness suicidal muslim fanatics, eh?
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2015 06:32 am
@layman,
I don't believe in voting people off the island. Because it turns into a continuing cleansing based on ideology.

I do believe in moderation and transparency in its performance. Incivility and trolling are legitimate reasons to be sanctioned. Divergent opinions are not. That's why I like juries and transparent moderation.

Maybe you might enjoy a good tarring and feathering, rail and all, but I like due process and civility.
NSFW (view)
layman

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2015 06:37 am
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

I don't believe in voting people off the island. Because it turns into a continuing cleansing based on ideology.

I don't either. That wasn't the purpose of the poll I proposed. I just thought it would be fun, eh?

Problem is, this here internet is SERIOUS BUSINESS for most A2K posters. They aint got no kinda use for no fun.