So how are YOU today?

djjd62

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2009 02:55 pm
@littlek,
got to the ER and get it checked out if the doc falls through, better safe than sorry
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2009 02:58 pm
I should be checking my coverage, then.....

....... only 25 bucks! It would well be worth the peace of mind
djjd62

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2009 03:00 pm
@littlek,
i forget, that sucks, i don't get the hatred of national healthcare by some in your country
littlek

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2009 03:11 pm
@djjd62,
I don't get it either. It's 10 past 5pm.... they are closed now. Should I call them back?
Thomas

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2009 04:10 pm
@littlek,
That sucks. I'm afraid I can't say anything helpful about heart racing, but I agree with the "better safe than sorry" approach. If the symptoms are really bad, I'd call. Either way, let us know how it went.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2009 04:39 pm
After they said I might have to go to the ER (heart racing!), they said they wanted me to relax for 20 minutes and then check my pulse (it's 80/minute or so). Not bad. They wanted me to check my pulse in the morning. Both pulses get called in to a urgent care hotline (yikes!). And finally, they want me to go to urgent care at their other office in the morning (pressumably after I check my pulse and call it in). Kind of odd.

Meanwhile I saw my landlady come home and went down to meet her and her dogs out in the yard. Nothing like a little dog-therapy. And a good long talk with a woman who works at a hospital and has a long experience of ill health in family and self. She did her part to chill me out a little more.

It'll be embarassing when I come back tomorrow with news of a hardy and healthy heart......
George

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2009 04:54 pm
@littlek,
Quote:
It'll be embarassing when I come back tomorrow with news of a hardy and healthy heart

I'd take that kind of embarassment any day of the week!
Eva

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2009 04:55 pm
That's exactly what we're hoping for, lil'k. We would like nothing more than for you to be embarrassed! Laughing

Hey, for $25, go get it checked out. Better safe than sorry, right?

I went through multiple episodes of my heart racing a year or two ago. They call it "tachycardia." I now take a potassium supplement along with a daily pill, and it doesn't give me any more trouble. Easy fix. Is "heart racing" your symptom(s), or is it something else?
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2009 04:55 pm
@George,
you got that right
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2009 05:03 pm
@littlek,
littlek wrote:
It'll be embarassing when I come back tomorrow with news of a hardy and healthy heart......

Here's to embarrassment then! (Lifting a bottle of Diet Coke, wishing it was a decent beer instead.)
ehBeth

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2009 05:06 pm
@Thomas,
I'll lift a small handful of cranberries in salute to lilk's blush-worthy hardy and healthy heart.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2009 05:31 pm
I'll be thinking about you, littlek. Don't have anything handy to raise in the air.

Please report back.

I agree with the misery that is the U.S. health-care system. Feh pooh on it.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2009 05:34 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:
Don't have anything handy to raise

you don't have an eyebrow to quirk?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2009 05:58 pm
Good point all! I feel more relaxed. Still feel a little off, though. Will go and call the saturday doc in the morning to make my appt. Will also report back.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2009 05:59 pm
@littlek,
Good..
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2009 06:11 pm
Lilk, Can you reflet on anything that you either did, or ate, or drank, that may have a common relationship to your heart rate? Often people with early panic attacks can recall that the attacks were set off by the metabolism of just a small amount of alcohol tha t they drank say 3 hours earlier. This is a common cause.

Same thing with foods with hi sugars or vitamin B.
Think think think.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2009 06:52 pm
@jespah,
jespah wrote:

Oh Beth, I didn't learn this until just now. Our hearts to yours.

-- J & J

Oh....I just now read this.

I'm so sorry Mr. Hamburger and Miss ehbeth.

0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2009 07:00 pm
@littlek,
littlek wrote:

I'm not sure how I am. I called my doc office just now to ask how I could tell the difference between stress and heart issues. Now I may be hgeaded to the ER. And I figured they'd just laugh at me. With any luck, I'll be able to go into the doc office, but they will have to make special accommodations. So. Of course now my heart is racing, which is very helpful, thanks.

littlek, I know exactly how you feel about someone laughing at you in the ER, or for going to the ER over this. That kept me from getting treatment for far too long.
Panic attacks are real, and nothing to laugh at.

I hope you have a good doctor, that pays attention to you. I changed doctors because when I would bring these feelings up to him, I always got the impression he thought I was just some hysterical woman. After I had a stress test, I should have felt better knowing I have a very healthy heart. But with the panic attacks (didn't have that name for them then) still occuring, I concluded the only other answer was that I was going crazy.

I went to therapy, found out I wasn't nuts, but really thank God I saw the counselor regularly for a year anyway...everyone should do it IMO. Medication got my body back to normal, therapy got my mind on the road to happier times.

I wouldn't wish a panic attack on anyone littlek, if that's what is wrong, just remember they can be treated very well.

0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2009 08:16 pm
Farmerman, I am pretty consistent in my diet. This has been ongoing for the last 6 days. At first I thought it was a stomach bug I'd picked up from one of the kids. I'd cut back on carbs lately, so I added them back in. But, I doubt this has to do with diet given that it is a periodic event happening 2-3 times per year. Stress may have a part in it. <shrug>

Chai, glad you got your body and mind sorted out. I know that it is best, at this point, to at least rule out heart issues.
msolga

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2009 08:29 pm
@margo,
Thinking of you, too, dear Beth and hamburger. These are hard days for you both, I know.
0 Replies