Attacks in Paris Stadium, concert hall

layman

Reply Sat 28 Nov, 2015 02:18 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
maybe they think its Photoshop in poor taste.

Is that what you think, Farmer, or are you just speculating about what others might think?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 28 Nov, 2015 02:44 pm
@layman,
My comment began with the suggestion to ignore him. I greatly value the relatively free speech here.
layman

Reply Sat 28 Nov, 2015 03:04 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
I greatly value the relatively free speech here

Well, OK, then!
layman

Reply Sat 28 Nov, 2015 03:19 pm
@layman,
My own damn self, I aint got much respect for them who want to carry on like they are offended and irreparably damaged by what someone says. Even less if they think the appropriate response is to drop a dime, hoping to get those who have "victimized" them punished--preferably by permanent banishment.

Ideally, only very small chillin would resort to callin Mama to settle their fights for them. Aint happenin, though.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Sat 28 Nov, 2015 03:40 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
Do those voting it down want to deny the reality, or do they just prefer to ignore it?

Farmer said:
Quote:
maybe they think its Photoshop in poor taste

I guess that would put them in the "deny" department, eh, Farmer?

I have no sure way of knowing if any of those are "photoshopped." But I've seen enough live video where some muslim cuts the throat of a westerner they've tied up, causing blood to start gushing from their throat, then just keep hacking until he's cut the boy's head clean off so he can hold it up in front of their camera, to think "those can't be real." Nor do I see any particular reason to doubt that they are real.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 28 Nov, 2015 03:54 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
maybe they think its Photoshop in poor taste.

So ISIS is not cutting the heads off people and all those pictures that had been released many by ISIS itself repeat by ISIS itself are photoshop????

O,k guys we are going to line you all up with our men behind you with knives and afterward we will return to headquarter for a nice cup of tea.

Later we will photoshop your heads being removed from your bodies.

Yes that theory passed the test of Occam's razor very nicely indeed Farmerman.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 28 Nov, 2015 04:01 pm
@BillRM,
You're just using shock tactics to score a cheap point, and you're doing IS' job for them. Just because something is happening doesn't mean we have to see it. You're constantly shitting your pants, but nobody wants to see that.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 28 Nov, 2015 04:05 pm
@layman,
Quote:
The US did not create those pre-existing divisions amongst Iraqi's.

Ya but it took years for the White House and the Pentagon to wise up about how important it was, and even then never got it right. Team Bush rolled into Iraq having apparently barely considered that some people were Shia and some Sunni, nor what the ramifications were. It was part of the delusion that once Saddam was gone Iraq would be a giant party reveling in freedom.
BillRM

Reply Sat 28 Nov, 2015 04:11 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
You're just using shock tactics to score a cheap point,

Cheap points that they are not only killers but damn proud killers of defenseless men and women and are a threat to most of mankind, including most Muslims?

Yes reality can indeed be shocking but the points in question came at a large cost in human lives so I would not call them myself cheap points.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 28 Nov, 2015 04:19 pm
@BillRM,
You're just trying to make more people as frightened as you, which is what IS wants. They want you to be frightened, and hugely disproportionately so in your case. The Government likes it when you're frightened, frightened people are a lot easier to manipulate. That's how Bush managed to get the Patriot act passed.
layman

Reply Sat 28 Nov, 2015 04:23 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Ya but it took years for the White House and the Pentagon to wise up about how important it was, and even then never got it right. Team Bush rolled into Iraq having apparently barely considered that some people were Shia and some Sunni, nor what the ramifications were. It was part of the delusion that once Saddam was gone Iraq would be a giant party reveling in freedom.

Yeah, I agree, Hawk. A serious misjudgment.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 28 Nov, 2015 04:25 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
You're just trying to make more people as frightened as you, which is what IS wants.

So we should pretend that they are not mad killers that need to be stop?

As far as being frighten my emotional reaction is hate/outrage and a strong desire to help killed every one of the SOBs.

Interesting that your emotions seems to be fear however.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 28 Nov, 2015 04:31 pm
@BillRM,
No, we should stop pretending they're a far greater threat than they really are.
BillRM

Reply Sat 28 Nov, 2015 04:38 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
No, we should stop pretending they're a far greater threat than they really are.

So we should just let them keep killing at their whim as after all it only a jet liner or few hundreds people at a public gathering that are kill every now and then.

Hardly anything to be upset about and let not see pictures of their actions as we would not wish to frighten the poor dumb population after all.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Sat 28 Nov, 2015 04:38 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:

I'm not supposed to be revealing this, but Dizzy is really James Bond. Having gotten too old for "field operations," he has been promoted to the Head of British Intelligence.

Only HE knows the "real" threat they pose, see?

Aint that right, Dizzy!?
RABEL222

Reply Sat 28 Nov, 2015 04:46 pm
@layman,
That 5900 mile swim might have something to do with my not being afraid of ISIS. Especially if their carrying a 105 mm cannon on their back.
layman

Reply Sat 28 Nov, 2015 04:47 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
Especially if their carrying a 105 mm cannon on their back

Does it have anything to do with you being plumb stupid, I wonder?
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 28 Nov, 2015 04:48 pm
@layman,
Quote:
Only HE knows the "real" threat they pose, see?

Well I do agree with Izzy better known as Jame Bond that the risk to anyone person in the West from these asssholes is very small if the risk is a great deal greater to those who are now living under their rule.

That still does not mean that they are not worth stopping however instead of doing what Izzy seem to wish to do IE ignoring them.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 28 Nov, 2015 04:53 pm
I am watching how the Germans are not particularly concerned. I think that a Berlin attack is highly likely.

We shall see.....
layman

Reply Sat 28 Nov, 2015 05:14 pm
@hawkeye10,
I'm told that the ultimate goal, which they expect to achieve shortly, of these fanatics is to turn their "caliphate" into armegeddon and to thereby precipitate the end of the world.

They expect to, and want to, die soon. Such suicidal fanaticism should not be taken lightly. Just ask the marines at Iwo Jima or the sailors on WWII carriers facing kamikaze pilots, if you don't believe it.