Attacks in Paris Stadium, concert hall

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 28 Nov, 2015 05:24 pm
@layman,
Quote:
They expect to, and want to, die soon. Such suicidal fanaticism should not be taken lightly. Just ask the marines at Iwo Jima or the sailors on WWII carriers facing kamikaze pilots, if you don't believe it.

Smarts alone does not explain why Daesh can consistently do the job with 5% of the forces that the US military would require ....
BillRM

Reply Sat 28 Nov, 2015 05:46 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Smarts alone does not explain why Daesh can consistently do the job with 5% of the forces that the US military would require ....

See any good book on the subject of Asymmetric warfare but now that the fools are out in the open holding cities and setting up a government any modern force should be able to tear them apart.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 28 Nov, 2015 05:55 pm
@BillRM,
young men ready (often desiring) to die+ really really good drugs handed out by experts + good military training = a very efficient army.

This is the Daesh advantage. Well that, and one the best Psyop capabilities ever seen.
BillRM

Reply Sat 28 Nov, 2015 06:11 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
young men ready (often desiring) to die+ really really good drugs handed out by experts + good military training = a very efficient army.

This is the Daesh advantage. Well that, and one the best Psyop capabilities ever seen.

Sorry but any modern military force let alone the US would cut them apart and in days it would be all over. Oh being willing to died is not the point it is the ability to cause the other guy to die that is the point.
layman

Reply Sat 28 Nov, 2015 06:14 pm
@BillRM,
"I don't want you to die for your country. I want to see you make that Kraut sunnuvva bitch die for HIS country." (Gen. George S. Patton)
BillRM

Reply Sat 28 Nov, 2015 06:24 pm
@layman,
Yes that is who I was thinking of and if the willingness to die was an important factor in modern warfare then we all would now be living under the Empire of Japan.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2015 12:15 am
@layman,
That quote is correctly (Carol D'Este:Patton - A Genius for War, 1995):
"Men, you are the first Negro tankers ever to fight in the American Army. I would never have asked for you if you weren't good. I have nothing but the best in my army. I don't care what color you are, so long as you go up their and kill those Kraut sonsabitches! Everyone has their eyes on you and is expecting great things from you. Most of all, your race is looking forward to you. Don't let them down and, damn you, don't let me down!"
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2015 03:47 am
Interesting interview with Michael T. Flynn (retired United States Army lieutenant general, served as director of intelligence for Joint Special Operations Command in Afghanistan and Iraq) at spiegel-online.

About the attacks in Paris and what followed:
"We now need to work constructively with Moscow. Russia has decided to act militarily in Syria, and that has changed the situation dramatically. We can no longer say that Russia is evil and should retire. Such won't happen, let's be realistic. Have a look at the last few days. The French President Hollande comes to Washington asking for military help. As an American, I find that odd. We as the USA should have been with him since a long time, and we should have offered support, because he was attacked."

He further says, ISIS wouldn't been existing if the Americans hadn't invaded Bagdad. And that the war in Iraq wa a big mistake by the Americans.
"As brutal as Saddam Hussein has been - only to eliminate him was wrong. The same is true for Gaddafi and Libya, which is a failed state is today. The great historical lesson is that it was an incredibly bad strategic decision to invade Iraq."
izzythepush

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2015 04:51 am
All you have to do is watch something other than Fox News and read something other than the Pig Fancier's Gazette to know that IS aren't going to be marching on our capitals any time soon.

Next to you cowardly lickspittles my twelve year old niece is James Bond. Home of the brave? You're having a laugh.
Olivier5

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2015 05:13 am
@Walter Hinteler,
My sentiments entirely.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2015 05:19 am
@hawkeye10,
They are easily takable with the right strategy. Me think the Germans got it right: the most effective entry point is the Iraqi Kurdish forces. Read somewhere that a 150 some German special force/instructors are to be sent to them. Send the légion to Erbil. Why not?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2015 05:55 am
In 2013, less than a year before ISIS invaded Iraqi Kurdistan, the PKK negotiated a cease fire with the Turks, which required them to disarm. They acted in good faith, and were almost helpless before the ISIS invasion of 2014. The Kurds are, arguably, the best pool of experienced fighters in the middle east. Not only does arming and supplying them make sense, but they would need little training or operational guidance to be effective against those loons in ISIS, who have shown themselves to be military stumblebuns. It's like Churchill addressing the United States in 1941: "Give us the tools, and we will finish the job."
Quehoniaomath

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2015 05:56 am
@Setanta,
and your evidence of this is..............................?
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2015 06:01 am
http://www.davidicke.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Untitled-326.jpg
0 Replies

layman

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2015 06:16 am
Dizzy will be callin for a full-scale onslaught against ISIS once he sees this here, I figure, eh?:

Quote:
ISIS militants have reportedly thrown a blindfolded man off a building for being a homosexual. Unfortunately for the man, he survived the fall, so was then stoned to death by the waiting crowd at the foot of the building structure

It just aint right, I tellya!

Quote:
A new photo series purportedly released by the Islamic State shows two men accused of homosexual relations executed by being thrown off the top of a building. The photos were shared by international terrorism watchdog group Terror Monitor. One of the men is thrown head first from the top of the building. It cannot be confirmed if the man was actually gay, and even if he was it should make no difference.

http://heavy.com/news/2015/11/new-isis-islamic-state-daesh-news-videos-pictures-public-execution-gay-homosexual-man-men-thrown-off-building-to-death-full-uncensored-screenshots/4/
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2015 06:51 am
@Setanta,
The biggest obstacle to that is Turkey, which still regards the PKK as a greater threat than IS.
BillRM

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2015 08:04 am
@izzythepush,
Marching on our capitals is not the problem when it come to ISIS drawing western citizens to become terrorists and giving them training and funding is the problem as everyone know even you my very dishonest ISIS supporter.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2015 10:45 am
@BillRM,
That is a problem, so far you've not come up with anything that would address that problem. Your solution of further alienating Moslems in Western society and collectively punishing a huge mass of refugees would exacerbate the problem.

I notice you're very quick with your McCarthyite slander, anyone who doesn't think like you is an IS supporter. That's what made you all swallow that WMD bollocks that set the whole IS **** train in motion. You're a little IS drone, it didn't take them long to get in your head and adjust the setting to act like a frightened twat.
layman

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2015 10:54 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
I notice you're very quick with your McCarthyite slander, anyone who doesn't think like you is an IS supporter.

Nice try, there, Dizzy. You think slinging some **** on poor old Tail Gunner Joe is gunna protect your cover? I don't think so! Homey don't play dat.

Just because Joe was a little wack, that don't prove you aint just sittin there, waitin for orders from ISIS. Just another reason we gotta take them OUT. So they can't give no more orders to slavish bots like you, eh?
izzythepush

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2015 11:42 am
@layman,
The biggest problem facing the West is idiots like you whose stupidity caused this in the first place. Your exchanges about Bush not appreciating the role of the Shia sound like it's something that wasn't known before by everyone except George Bush. You want to do exactly the same **** all over again with even more disastrous results.

You are being terrorised by IS. IS has succeeded in doing that. The rest of us prefer not to let the terrorists win.