Attacks in Paris Stadium, concert hall

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2015 09:16 pm
Quote:
There is great alarm over the apparent methodology and likely planning that would have been needed to pull off such a series of attacks, one U.S. counterterrorism official told CNN. The attacks resembled tactics that have been used by a number of terror groups -- including al Qaeda's focus on mass casualty and visibility, and the small, tactical nature of attacks that are more the hallmark of ISIS and its acolytes. It is still not clear who is responsible

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/13/world/paris-shooting/

They could have easily killed more people, this looks like ISIS all the way. And lets remember this

Quote:
A fiery double suicide bombing terrorized a mostly Shiite residential area of southern Beirut on Thursday, ripping through a busy shopping district at rush hour. The Lebanese Health Ministry said at least 43 people had been killed and more than 200 wounded in the worst attack to strike the city in years.

The Islamic State extremist group, which controls parts of neighboring Syria, claimed responsibility for the attack. The group portrayed its motives as baldly sectarian, saying it had targeted Shiite Muslims, whom it views as apostates. It mentioned almost as an afterthought that it had targeted Hezbollah, the Shiite militant organization that backs the Syrian government in the civil war raging next door.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/13/world/middleeast/lebanon-explosions-southern-beirut-hezbollah.html

And ISIS took down that Russian plane what a week ago? This is a long planned series of attacks to show us that they have a long reach. I would think Berlin or London are next.

There are currently reports that the number of terrorists was 5 not 8, which drives up the efficiency rating of the operation.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2015 09:31 pm
According to The Associated Press, the head of Paris police stated all attackers are believed to be dead.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2015 09:35 pm
U2 cancelled what was to be a global broadcast concert from Paris on Sat. Exactly as the terrorists wish.
http://www.usnews.com/news/entertainment/articles/2015/11/13/u2-shocked-by-deadly-paris-attacks-cancels-concert
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2015 09:50 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
A young man who was inside the Bataclan when the terrorist attack began on Friday said he saw two or three gunmen burst into the club waving automatic weapons.

“This is because of all the harm done by Hollande to Muslims all over the world,” one of the gunmen yelled in French. He was referring to François Hollande, the president of France.

Quote:
A young woman named Yasmine who was inside the Bataclan and was shot in the foot described the scene when the attacks began.

“I saw these two crazy guys arrive,” Yasmine said. “They started firing on everybody.”

She said one of them shouted, “What you are doing in Syria, you are going to pay for it now!”

http://www.nytimes.com/live/paris-attacks-live-updates/

BTY at least some of the clicks on NYT are now unlimited. I am never sure if they mean all the clicks or just the ones about the crisis.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2015 10:11 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
One witness inside the Bataclan hall told how gunmen burst in shouting “Allah Akbar” - God is the greatest – before opening fire. They were also heard to shout: “This is for Syria”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/paris-attacks-isis-gunmen-shouted-6830234

Such eye witness testimony as last words of the criminal are highly unreliable, but might be useful none the less. It is 5am now, surely the French will mid morning tell us who did this. once Hollande said " we know" last night this became unavoidable, this can not be kept from the people. That they have not told us yet is yet another failure of the Hollande government , there have a been many......considered the worst French president ever by a decent number of French according to some reports.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2015 11:04 pm
Quote:
At the start of a nightmarish, bloody, apocalyptic evening in Paris, Carmela Uranga heard sounds near her apartment that she thought at first were merely fireworks.

Uranga, 47, a British-born mother of two young children, was eating an early dinner with her girls Friday when they heard "scary noises" and Uranga rushed to her window, making her girls stand back.

Uranga lives by the Le Petit Cambodge restaurant and the Le Carillon bar in the 10th arrondissement where the first of several terrorist attacks occurred Friday night. She was shocked and horrified by what she saw just under her window.

"People were running all over the place and then I saw bodies lying on the street," Uranga told The Daily Beast from Paris via telephone. "It was so surreal. I still can't believe I saw what I saw. I live in this wonderful, vital place which is like a small village in the midst of Paris. And I saw bodies!"

As she surveyed the carnage below her window on Rue Bichat, she saw two men she believes were the shooters get in what she said appeared to be a a "getaway" car that passed just under her window.

It was a black car with Belgium license plates," she said. "There was a driver and a passenger. I saw the passenger very clearly. He looked so young, 18, no more than 20 at the oldest. There was no doubt in my mind these were the shooters. They were leaving the scene so calmly. Another car was blocking the only other way out so they had a clear path. This seemed to be a very planned attack. It all happened so quickly will never forget seeing those two pass by in the car under my window."

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/11/13/20-killed-in-multiple-paris-attacks.html
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2015 11:18 pm
Quote:
No group has yet taken responsibility for the attacks. The obvious suspects at this point will of course be the two main Islamist networks – Al-Qaida and ISIS - as they are the ones who were involved in the January attacks and other operations in Europe over the last decade. The level of coordination involved in this attack would point to Al-Qaida, though the last time anything came near to this scale was the London underground train and bus bombings in July 2005. Also Al-Qaida was thought to have been changing tactics recently and in 2013, its leader Ayman al Zawahiri warned against attacking targets where "innocent Muslims" may be hurt. ISIS would seem on some counts a more likely perpetrator at this point, however the group has never shown anything near this operational capacity outside of its Middle Eastern battlefields. Up to now, all attacks in Europe ascribed to Jihadists identifying with ISIS have been the actions of "lone-wolves" who had either returned from Syria or were unable to travel there.
The Paris attacks came nearly two weeks after the crash of a Russian airliner in Sinai, killing 224 passengers and crewmembers. The near-consensus among intelligence services in the west is that the cause of the crash was a bomb planted on the plane by an ISIS affiliate in Sinai. If the night's attacks are connected to the Islamic State, it will mean a shift in strategy, away from focusing solely on building its Caliphate in the Levant and towards expanding their Jihad to the countries currently attacking its forces in Syria and Iraq. Russia two weeks ago, France last night - both nations with fighter jets operating against them
read more: http://www.haaretz.com/world-news/.premium-1.685966

Bombing in Lebanon to send a message to Hezbollah

Taking out a Russian commercial aircraft

Paris

0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2015 01:05 am
http://i65.tinypic.com/2137m9.jpg
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2015 02:05 am
Quote:
For ten years, he hosted the antiterrorist judicial Pole. Forced to step down in a storm to become Vice-President of the High Court of Lille, Marc Trévidic speaks without taboos.

Paris Match. Can you estimate today the level of risk faced by French?
Marc Trévidic. The threat is at a maximum level, never achieved before. First, we have become to the Islamic State [EI] the enemy number one. France is the main target of an army of terrorists to unlimited means. Next, it is clear that we are particularly vulnerable because of our geographical position, ease of entry into our territory for all jihadists of European, French or not, and because of the clearly expressed and ever by men of IE to hit us. And it must be said: at the magnitude of the threat and the diversity of forms it can take, our counter-terrorism apparatus has become permeable, fallible, and has more effectiveness that had previously . Finally, I have become convinced that men Daech [acronym of the Islamic state] have the ambition and the means to reach us much harder by organizing scale actions incomparable to those conducted so far. I say this as a technician: the darkest days are ahead. The real war that EI intends to carry on our soil has not yet begun.

Why so alarming a fact?
We have before us a more powerful terrorist group than ever. Although most powerful al-Qaeda to its heyday. The EI, high of about 30,000 "soldiers" in the field, has recruited more members than the organization founded by bin Laden in fifteen years! And it is not finished. France is in fact facing a double threat. That of the surge of what I call the "scuds" human individual jihad, men who take action with little training or preparation, acting alone, with varying degrees of success, as we have seen in recent time. And that, out of proportion, I fear: major actions that prepares undoubtedly EI, such as those carried out by al Qaeda, which have sometimes resulted in appalling carnage.

Do you have indications that heads this type of large-scale actions?
The so stop talking and agree to tell us that EI intends to systematically and hit us hard. Understand me, it is clear from our investigation that we are undoubtedly the absolute enemy. Daech men have the means, money and the ability to easily acquire many weapons they want and to organize mass attacks. Terrorism is an escalation; you should always go further, hit harder. And then there is "the Prix Goncourt terrorism" to achieve, and I am referring here to the attacks of 11 September 2001 against the World Trade Center. I do not imagine for a moment that a man like that Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi and his army will meet long external operations of some magnitude. They are thinking of something much broader, aiming first of all France.

How did it happen? Why France?
Because it comes back to this idea that we are the ideal target! Traditionally, the enemy number one of jihadist terrorism has long been the United States, but the parameters have changed. Americans are more difficult to reach. France, it is easy to touch. There are geographical proximity, there are relays throughout Europe, there are operational ease of return to Syria in France seasoned volunteers, Europeans, members of the organization, which can return legally in the Schengen area and melt it before taking action.

There are also political reasons, ideological?
Obviously! France has become the number one ally of the US in the war against the jihadists Daech and chains. We fight with arms alongside the United States. We conducted air raids against IE in Iraq. Now we intervene in Syria. Moreover, France has a heavy "passive" in the eyes of the Islamists. For them, it's still a colonial nation, sometimes claiming its Christian roots, openly supporting Israel selling weapons to countries known as "infidels and corrupt" Gulf or the Middle East. And a nation that deliberately oppress its large Muslim community. This last argument is an essential axis of propaganda for EI. Our armed forces also intervened in Mali to stop the Islamists, although they are not the same networks. Let us add that in France, we are for years on the front line to fight the "global jihad". Our long antiterrorist device allowed us to bring severe blows to terrorists and jihadists of all persuasions.

This is no longer the case today?
No, the situation has changed. The evidence is there: we are no longer able to prevent the attacks as in the past. We can not prevent them. There is something inevitable. Of course, we arrest people, we dismantle cells was lucky too, as we have seen with some recent cases, but luck or the fact that the terrorists are planting in their operational mode, or that Citizens do show great bravery, it can not last forever. As for the resources allocated to the fight against terrorism, they have clearly become very inadequate, and I weigh my words. It borders on poverty at a time when the threat has never been stronger. The past two years, I found myself there was sometimes more investigators to conduct investigations we needed! So we did the bare minimum, without being able to push the investigations without "SAV", at the risk of missing out on serious threats. Political take martial postures, but they have no long-term vision. We, the judges, police ISB, field men, we are completely overwhelmed. We are in danger of "going into the wall.
What to think, then, of the new French strategy? The first air strikes were aimed Daech on Syrian soil. France invokes the "right of self-defense" and said he wanted to target terrorists at the base ...
Conduct strikes "extra-judicial" returns to be modeled on the American model. For years the United States eliminate leaders, strategists, recruiters in Yemen, Afghanistan, Somalia, but without weakening the target groups. It has never worked! I do not believe in the merits of the French strategy. Can we think Daech destabilize and undermine its objectives by eliminating leaders, "business" that would have been identified? Are there any leaders of such importance that they can not be replaced in time by other men? Nothing is less sure. Anyway, they have us "in the crosshairs" and from this point of view then, it will not change! This may even have the opposite effect than the one desired by creating "vocations". If, by chance, there were some really sharp targeting, the arm of justice is not very long, I would tend to say that a small rocket will do; but, clearly, there is nothing in this strategy to turn the tide of a war against an army of terrorists and win\.
Those who want to attack us to make us the most harm possible. And do it over time. They prepare it. The French will not have to get used to the threat of attacks, but the reality of the attacks, that will inevitably arise in my eyes. We must not close our eyes. We are now in the eye of the cyclone. The worst is ahead of us.

http://www.parismatch.com/Actu/Societe/La-France-est-l-ennemi-numero-un-de-l-Etat-islamique-837513

Marc Trévidic, born on 20 July 1965 in Bordeaux, is a French magistrate. Since 2000, he is an examining magistrate at the Tribunal de grande instance de Paris, specializing in fighting terrorism.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_Tr%C3%A9vidic

Translation by Google

Yikes. Hard to argue against these points.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2015 03:49 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Meanwhile, a senior U.S. intelligence and counter-terrorism official told NBC News that the Paris attacks, because of their sophistication, didn't appear to be the work of ISIS. Rather, the level of coordination points more toward al Qaeda, the official said.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/paris-terror-attacks/responsibility-paris-terror-attacks-remains-unclear-n463321

Tag: Remember this post if we get told today that it was ISIS. Senior U.S. intelligence and counter-terrorism officials dont exactly have a good track record of understanding reality ya know.

A lot of people have pointed out that Paris looks a lot like, extraordinarily like, Mumbai. The smart amongst us know that Mumbai was done by Pakistan Intelligence, plus we know that ISIS is operating in and recruiting from Pakistan. Plus we know that ISIS has **** tons of money. And dont forget what pakistan has been willing to do for money ( sell nuclear knowledge and materials)

ISIS + Evil Pakistani bastards would be a marriage made in Hell.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2015 04:36 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
The French are overwhelmed by the numbers of people they're having to monitor," said CNN terrorism analyst Paul Cruickshank.

"They've opened surveillance files into more than 5,000 Islamic extremists throughout the country. There have been more than a thousand French nationals traveling to Syria and Iraq. They know of 250 that have come back, and that's just the number they're aware of."

He pointed to a terror plot that was thwarted in Belgium in January, when security services uncovered a huge cache of weapons -- as well as police uniforms -- suggesting a possible attack on a sensitive site there.

"Intelligence officials there and in the United States have told me that plot was directed by the top leadership of ISIS in Syria," he said.

"This is a group that is increasingly getting into the international terrorism business. I think all these different events of the past few weeks have really illustrated this: More than 100 killed during an attack in Ankara -- ISIS suicide bombers -- the attack in Beirut, 40-50 killed, ISIS bombers that claim for taking down that Russian Metrojet airliner. It goes on. ISIS is pivoting towards international terrorism."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/14/europe/paris-attacks-analysis/index.html

Paul Cruickshank has reported extensively on al Qaeda, ISIS, and other Salafi Jihadi groups and regularly appears on-air as CNN’s Terrorism Analyst. He is the editor of “Al Qaeda” a five volume collection of critical writings on the terrorist network published by Routledge in 2012, which was described by a leading terrorism studies journal as “monumental … to date the most comprehensive resource published on the terrorist organization and its worldwide affiliates.” He is also the co-author of the 2014 book “Agent Storm: My Life Inside al Qaeda and the CIA,” which has been optioned for a Hollywood movie, translated into eleven languages, and which the New York Times described as a “highly credible…both a rollicking read and a rare insider’s account of Western spying in the age of al Qaeda.”

Cruickshank’s research and writings have appeared in a wide variety of publications, including CTC Sentinel, Studies in Conflict and Terrorism and leading newspapers and magazines on both sides of the Atlantic. He has also contributed chapters to several academic publications in the field of counter-terrorism, and authored an introductory guide to al Qaeda. He was part of the CNN reporting team that covered the 2005 London bombings, and has covered almost every other major terrorism story since. He has also produced and co-produced several award winning documentaries on al Qaeda, including “Inside the Cell” (NBC, 2008) and “Double Agent” (CNN, 2014).

Cruickshank has degrees from Cambridge University and SAIS Johns Hopkins. Between 2006 and 2009 he was a research fellow at the Center on Law and Security at the NYU School of Law. He has also worked at the European Parliament in Brussels and the Center for Strategic and International Studies in Washington DC.

https://www.ctc.usma.edu/posts/experts/paul-cruickshank
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2015 04:41 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
President François Hollande called the terrorist attacks that killed 127 people in Paris on Friday night an “act of war,” and blamed the slaughter on the Islamic State.

“It is an act of war that was committed by a terrorist army, a jihadist army, Daesh, against France,” Mr. Hollande said on Saturday from the Élysée Palace, using an Arabic acronym for the Islamic State. “It is an act of war that was prepared, organized and planned from abroad, with complicity from the inside, which the investigation will help establish.”

Mr. Hollande did not specify what intelligence the authorities had gathered to established the Islamic State’s involvement.

The Islamic State on Saturday claimed responsibility for the attacks, calling them “miracles” in a statement released by one of its publications and distributed on Twitter — a claim that could not be independently verified.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/15/world/europe/paris-terrorist-attacks.html?action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=span-abc-region&region=span-abc-region&WT.nav=span-abc-region

And there you have it.......
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2015 05:30 am
@ossobuco,
Family are ok, friends I don't know yet. We're in Rome as you know. A bit hard to follow from abroad. Everybody is of course shocked beyond words.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2015 05:54 am
We've had terrorist outrages like this since the 70s, and we didn't stop them by running around in circles claiming the sky was falling down.

This is an outrage, but it hasn't affected France's military ability in the slightest. There will be lessons to learn re intelligence, and I'm sure cooperation between the Western powers will be even greater than before.

Prior to this happening the news was full of the killing of Jihadi John and the propaganda effect of all that. In many ways this is an act of desperation, IS is losing ground in Syria so they're trying to scare people off. It won't work.

http://creator.keepcalmandcarryon.com/cj/NQOxtJXW
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2015 07:10 am
@izzythepush,
Half an hour ago (at 13:37h) members of the Brigade Anti-Criminalité and dozens of policemen were mobilised in Bagnolet (6km east of Paris).
But it were just fireworks in front of the townhall, due to a wedding ...

In Paris, literally everything is closed.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2015 07:10 am
@izzythepush,
This was on the front page of today's paper, clearly printed before the Paris attacks, but it gives a bit of context.

Quote:
Peshmerga forces backed by US-led airstrikes have retaken the northern town of Sinjar from Islamic State militants, the Kurdish regional president in Iraq has said, though US and Kurdish military officials urged caution in declaring victory.

Masoud Barzani made the announcement during a press conference on Mount Sinjar, which overlooks the town.
Earlier, the Kurdistan regional security council said forces had entered Sinjar from all directions to begin clearing the town of Isis militants, seizing key buildings in the process. Isis fighters were “defeated and on the run”, it added. A Kurdish flag was raised in the town centre after the forces encountered minimal resistance.

Heavy bursts of gunfire could be heard in the town as militants descended the hill overlooking Sinjar from the north, some with rocket-propelled grenades on their shoulders, witnesses said.

“We promised, we have liberated Sinjar,” Barzani said. “It’s time for the Yazidi girls to raise their heads up. Revenge has been taken for them.”

Sinjar was seized 15 months ago by Isis forces, who massacred or enslaved the local Yazidi community and ousted other minorities from the Nineveh plains.

Maj Ghazi Ali, who oversees one of the units involved in the offensive, described the situation in the city as still dangerous, and warned that it was too soon to declare victory. “I can’t say the operation is complete because there are still threats remaining inside Sinjar,” he told the Associated Press.

Col Steven Warren, a spokesman for the US-led coalition, confirmed only that Peshmerga fighters raised their flag on grain silos in the eastern part of the town. He said they had not fully retaken Sinjar.
An offensive to retake the town was launched late on Wednesday as Kurds, backed by US-led airstrikes, severed a major supply line between the militant group’s stronghold in eastern Syria, and Mosul, their seat of power in Iraq.

As Kurdish forces took surrounding villages on Thursday, a commander said he had never seen Isis (also known as Daesh) so vulnerable. “For the last 15 months that I have been fighting Daesh, I have never seen them so weak, they were literally running away,” said Col Kamran Hawrami. “Our objective is to free Sinjar and the surrounding areas. The fighting is continuing on all fronts but we have passed by bodies of Daesh [fighters].”

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/nov/13/peshmerga-forces-sinjar-isis-oust-gunfire-kurdish
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2015 08:50 am
At 19 h CET, François Molins, the prosecutor de la République de Paris, will give latest details at a press conference.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2015 11:00 am
"ISIS is contained" - Barack Obama 11/13/15

I guess the killers in Paris made it through the gate before it was locked.

Watching the news coverage for hours last night, it was difficult to comprehend what was transpiring as the media, rightly I think, wouldn't show live footage of the target areas.

The TV talking heads didn't have much to show and a lot of time to fill so there was quite a lot of repetitive filler, however every once in a while they would provide an absolutely chilling update such as quotes from people tweeting from within the concert hall telling us they are killing the world one by one. Along with telephone interviews of sobbing survivors it was horrible yet compelling.

Not to attempt a grim contest of any sort, but for me and probably most Americans it didn't have the same impact as 9/11. We've seen a number of these attacks since then and I'm afraid they son't have the same shock value. As well, there really were no visuals last night and if there had been they wouldn't have been of airplanes striking buildings in fireballs, people jumping from skyscrapers and those very skyscrapers crashing to the ground.

Still, I've no doubt it was devastating to Parisians and the French and my sympathy and moral support goes out to them. Above all other identifiers, the slain were innocent people going about their lives without any expectation of the horror that awaited them.

If anyone had or has any doubts that the West is at war with ISIS, Islamist extremists, and, indeed, a large segment of the Ummah, last night should eliminate such doubts once and for all. We can rant and rail about the monsters who would do this, but we need to realize that not only these monsters, but millions of Muslims who sympathize with them (and please don't try and tell me they don't exist) justify this as an act of war. Far more Innocent Muslim civilians have been killed by Western forces in their efforts to eradicate the terrorist monsters than were murdered last night, and, clearly, most of us don't view our actions as terrorism. We have discussed, in this forum the fire-bombings of Tokyo and Dresden ad nauseum, but aside from any military assets those attacks may have taken out, they were designed, at least in part, to target civilians to break the will of a population. I'm not trying to establish a moral equivalency here, simply to point out why millions of Muslims are not insane if they view last night as one battle in an ongoing war.

It doesn't really matter whether or not the Muslim view of last night's attacks and 9/11, and the attacks in London, Spain, Bali et al are legitimate, they believe they are engaged in a war with the West and we are fools if we don't as well.

Last night it appeared the French may fully understand the score when President Holland told his nation "We are going to lead a war that it pitiless." Obviously these word were spoken within the time frame of an ongoing attack, but they weren't off the cuff and as the full horror of this event unfolds, I doubt there will be any reason for Hollande to draw back from his promise.

The West needs to view this threat without any ambiguity and either surrender or wage the war in a manner which at least promises victory. There is no reason the combined might of the Western nations cannot utterly defeat an army of psychopaths if they have the will to conduct this war with that goal. "Containing" ISIS (whatever the hell that means) is not victory.

Ultimately, such a war will be fought, and it will be led either by converted multi-culturalists like Hollande or by new leaders who capture the support of people who have had enough.

ossobuco

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2015 11:10 am
I thought the writer made a good point with this, worth a read:

http://blogs.new.spectator.co.uk/2015/11/the-paris-attacks-were-a-declaration-of-war-against-islam-itself/

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2015 11:36 am
Quote:
16:56: Belgian police say they have raided properties in a Brussels neighborhood in connection with the Paris attacks. A source close to the operations told the Reuters news agency there had been "between two and three searches, linked to the Paris attacks" and that one man had been arrested

And remember there was a big bust I think it was Feb up north breaking up an ISIS cell with a lot of gear, and that the woman who lives outside one of the restaurants saw the killers leaving in a black car with plates from up north. France has to deal with what is now a known fact that cells are setting up where they think security is the worst, in the nation with the least will/capacity to find them, and then moving to the kill site just days before the attack. The EU also is finding the lack of border controls inside the EU a problem with the "migrants" are moving from country to country untracked. Just as we see with the economic situation we see the EU dealing with a security problem that is caused because they are neither fish nor foul. They either need to deal with problems as nations or as a collective, but what ever we are to call what the EU is right now does not work. THey either need to bind more together or go back to being traditional nations.

The list of countries that have set up emergency border controls is now at at least three and it needs to grow to all of them. THe EU bosses have to get over their mental problems about having border controls, at least on am Emergency basis. And American Liberals need to understand that Donald Trump will use the fact that the EU felt forced to go back to boarder controls to justify his wall, and that the American people will be sympathetic.