Attacks in Paris Stadium, concert hall

glitterbag

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2015 05:54 pm
@glitterbag,
MSNBC is showing a live feed from Paris that reports there have been 7 separate attacks.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2015 06:06 pm
The reasons this looks to be ISIS are that it was very well executed which is signature ISIS, and we know that ISIS is reacting to the West deciding that ISIS butchering the people of Syria and Iraq is not motivation to go in militarily. They are trying to entice us in because they think they can ambush us and humiliate us. ISIS is currently trying to motivate us to put significant boots on the ground in Syria and Iraq.

Given the response from France it is very clear that they had intel about something happening. They are taking this very seriously because they know who did it and they know that the group that did this is very dangerous. I think they know it is ISIS.

Just waiting for the confirmation now. I can tell you right now how this is likely to play out....the EU bosses knew that something was coming but they did nothing publicly because the little people are already very jittery over the ongoing invasion of "migrants". I hope I am wrong, but this has all the signatures of yet another massive screw up from EU leadership.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2015 06:10 pm
@glitterbag,
Just heard an interview with a reporter currently in Paris. He was there in anticipation of the climate change conference. Travel was to be restricted in Paris (and perhaps France) starting this weekend in prep for the conference.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2015 06:18 pm
@ehBeth,
That adds a nugget of maybe.. but nah.
I doubt climate worriers or worry deniers have this amount of agitation, but maybe the conference made it a good date for the civilization haters to cause havoc.

There was someone yelling, I take it, re Akbar (I'm not familiar with the terms and how they affect different people depending on people's views) but could be displacing blame. Or not.
Lash

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2015 06:23 pm
https://youtu.be/HM-E2H1ChJM
ehBeth

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2015 06:29 pm
@ossobuco,
The climate change conference wasn't the issue - it was the fact that there were about to be travel restrictions put into place. Security was about to tighten up significantly.

___

My friend has checked in as safe on this FB page

https://www.facebook.com/safetycheck/paris_terror_attacks

the page tells you how many friends you've got in Paris - and if they've marked themselves as safe

(flashing back to 9-11 and being in the intermediary chain between Princess Ash and her parents when she was in NYC and couldn't get in touch with her family directly)
ossobuco

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2015 06:35 pm
@ehBeth,
'k, got it.

9/11, a never forget; good to have an intermediary like you.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2015 06:37 pm
@ehBeth,
Weirdly, that makes me almost want to join facebook, me a long time muller in denial.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2015 06:44 pm
Bataclan sounds like signature ISIS, young men in black calmly shooting and tossing explosives at other young people cowering on the floor, the assassins wearing no masks because they had no plans to live past the attack.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2015 06:45 pm
@Lash,
Gave me chills.

Again.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2015 06:55 pm
@hawkeye10,
I assume ISIS as I figure most do. Liquid peas for brains, they have. Fermented peas.

I understand underlying anger; what is social geography about except anger explosions, many apparently warranted, but the obliteration of historic treasures is unadulterated assholeness on top of obliteration of whole peoples. Strange icing. I presume there is history for it, done by many of us, but it is still awful on top of godawful.

I do think people at the top must be for horror for fun.

Lash

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2015 06:57 pm
@ossobuco,
Me too. Every time. The soccer stadium was evacuated tonight as news of attacks came in. I found footage of the French citizens leaving, singing the same anthem.

Smile
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2015 07:08 pm
@ossobuco,
Annoying that we still dont have any idea of the death toll at Bataclan. Around 150 is the most oft given number but it might be a lot more. It was reported full, and it holds 2000. It appears that we have here shooting, bombing and trampling deaths. It could add up to a lot.

Edit: I note this report that says 3 terrorists killed about 80.
http://www.rtbf.be/info/monde/europe/detail_attentats-a-paris-une-prise-d-otage-serait-en-cours-au-bataclan?id=9135509
Slugfoot

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2015 07:13 pm
@hawkeye10,
158 and counting...

These savages need to be stopped.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2015 07:27 pm
@ossobuco,
Reply to myself, I was just going on with my thoughts. I figure the people at the top aren't actually stupid, much less fermenting in real life. As a metaphor, yes, bubbly.

I do think taking over the world by them is overstepping what re what they want to achieve, surroundings where people agree with them, by guess or by gollie or by immolation, a kind of constricted serenity.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2015 07:29 pm
@ossobuco,
Back to Paris.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2015 07:56 pm

French colors atop the World Trade Center:

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/CTu_DpDUkAAmP8u.jpg:large
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2015 08:21 pm