Unfit for Command

Brand X

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2004 07:54 pm
Even if they distributed the flyer, this would be real fuzzy legal territory. They are not paying for the 527 ad, what they are supposedly doing is distributing an ad about the ad.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2004 08:25 pm
I don't think that's a particularly "good point". Kerry is the one who has exploited and bragged (and lied) about his experiences in Vietnam, so why the comparison to President Bush's service record?

Why can no one answer the questions regarding the discrepancies with this so-called "hero's" military records without finger pointing to Bush?

KERRY is making a BIG DEAL about his war record, so all I ask is that he provide full disclosure of his military records so we can know just exactly how many times he applied for the Purple Heart for that little old scratch on his arm. (I heard he applied on three different occasions until he finally got it.)
0 Replies

angie

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2004 09:07 pm
from Nimh's post above: "bottom line; bush in 1968-69 - tejas. kerry in 1968-69 vietnam."

'nuf said.
0 Replies

Karzak

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2004 09:16 pm
angie wrote:
from Nimh's post above: "bottom line; bush in 1968-69 - tejas. kerry in 1968-69 vietnam."

'nuf said.

Hardly nuff said.

Lets try a little truth.

Kerry in nam lying to get out of nam so he can get to the states and lie about war crimes.

A liar is a liar, don't try to excuse kerry's lying, manipulative selfish nature by simplifying it. Kerry has no right for that comparison to actual war heros.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2004 09:23 pm
I hope you will have the decency to apply that requirement to Mr. Thurman as well, karzak.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2004 09:28 pm
Quote:
Kerry has no right for that comparison to actual war heros.

he served in a dangerous, shitty job in a dangerous, shitty war zone - and gained the respect of all but one of the men he led. he saved a man's life - and according to his crewmates, he saved theirs too, just like they saved his.

that alone qualifies someone as a war hero in my book, even if you forget all the rest. and bush?
0 Replies

swolf

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2004 10:01 pm
nimh wrote:
Quote:
Kerry has no right for that comparison to actual war heros.

he served in a dangerous, shitty job in a dangerous, shitty war zone - and gained the respect of all but one of the men he led. he saved a man's life - and according to his crewmates, he saved theirs too, just like they saved his.

that alone qualifies someone as a war hero in my book, even if you forget all the rest. and bush?

90% Of the swiftboat people asked to sign the unfit4command letter did. There's never been such a case before, in which virtually everybody who served in the military with a candidate for president steps forward saying the guy's a total flake and UNFIT FOR COMMAND.

de Nile....

http://www.root.or.jp/nanta/etiopia/etiopia-image/blue-nile.JPG

My suggestion to some of you demmunists watching in dismay as the gigolo's campaign implodes here would be to ask yourselves how you (and the demmy party) came to such a pass.

The basic answer is that the dem party HAD more viable candidates than the gigolo (not that any RATIONAL person would vote for but easily more viable), but that the Clinton blackops squads torpedoed all of them to keep the way clear for H. Clinton's run for it in 08.

As you watch the dem party being swept into the trash bins of history in a 50-state blowout this november, remember to say

"Thank you, Slick!".
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 06:36 am
A hero isn't someone who writes his own "glowing" after combat reports, and I doubt many real heroes send repeated requests for medals. Replace "hero" with "whiner" and you've got your man. He whined when he returned from Vietnam and he's whining now.

If he didn't want the close scrutiny he's now getting over his so-called "bravery" in Vietnam, he should have kept his mouth shut. So let him whine.

I will send as hefty a donation to the Swiftboats for Truth as I possibly can to keep those ads on the air.

Hero? More like spineless wonder. Make that whining spineless wonder.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 06:48 am
man, if you people have already reached such a shrill pitch on kerry now, how will it be when he's actually president? this hysterical a tone was only reached with clinton after he'd been in office a couple of years ...
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 06:55 am
nimh wrote:
man, if you people have already reached such a shrill pitch on kerry now, how will it be when he's actually president? this hysterical a tone was only reached with clinton after he'd been in office a couple of years ...

Where do you detect hysteria? I will very calmly send my donation LOL. Just heard that 44% of Independents are now leaning towards President Bush as a direct result of these great ads. So I will enclose the check in a "thank you" card Laughing
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 07:19 am
Usually, nimh, when these animals venture out of their caves, they are put down with a tranquilizing dart and transported to the veterinarian to see if their rabies is treatable.

One may be OK...
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 07:29 am
JustWonders wrote:
Where do you detect hysteria?

Oh, stuff like "gigolo" and "whining spineless wonder" - when people resort to mere invective they've usually crossed the line into irrationality.
0 Replies

angie

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 07:29 am
The country is bitterly divided.

Emotions are running extremely high.

We need someone who at least has a chance to unite us, to bring us somewhat closer together.

Bush is incapable of doing this. He has created and exacerbated the divisions here and abroad. This will be his legacy.

He must go, and I believe he will. Which may be why you're starting to hear all this venom.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 07:40 am
A Freeper photographed making his monthly supermarket visit:

http://www.bartcop.com/miller-hard-times.jpg
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 08:34 am
Brand X wrote:
Even if they distributed the flyer, this would be real fuzzy legal territory. They are not paying for the 527 ad, what they are supposedly doing is distributing an ad about the ad.

The McCain-Feingold Campaign Finance Reform law states clearly that presidential campaign staff and 527 organizations are expressly forbidden from coordinating with one another (See Section 502):

Quote:
(ix) communication by a person with the candidate or an agent of the candidate, occurring after the declaration of candidacy (including a pollster, media consultant, vendor, advisor, or staff member), acting on behalf of the candidate, about advertising message, allocation of resources, fundraising, or other campaign matters related to the candidate's campaign, including campaign operations, staffing, tactics, or strategy...

The Bush campaign has broken that law in Florida and in Minnesota.

So the question of legality has been answered. What's the punishment going to be?
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 09:17 am
The criteria for awarding a purple heart
The criteria for awarding a purple heart

The Purple Heart is awarded in the name of the President of the United States to any member of an Armed force who, while serving with the U.S. Armed Services after 5 April 1917, has been wounded or killed, or who has died or may hereafter die after being wounded. A wound for which the award is made must have required treatment by a medical officer.

Criteria:

For wounds or death sustained in action against an enemy of the United States;

In any action with an opposing armed force of a foreign country in which the Armed Forces of the United States are or have been engaged;

While serving with friendly foreign forces engaged in an armed conflict against an opposing armed force in which the United States is not a belligerent party;

As a result of an act of any such enemy of opposing armed forces;

As the result of an act of any hostile foreign force;

After 28 March 1973, as a result of an international terrorist attack against the United States by a foreign nation friendly to the United States, recognized as such an attack by the Secretary of the department concerned, or jointly by Secretaries of the departments concerned if persons from more than one department are wounded in the attack; or

After 28 March 1973, as a result of military operations, while serving outside the territory of the United States as part of a peacekeeping force.

After 7 December 1941, by weapon fire while directly engaged in armed conflict, regardless of the fire causing the wound (friendly fire).

While held as a prisoner of war or while being taken captive

To read the history of the Purple Heart:

http://www.homeofheroes.com/medals/purple_heart/purple_heart.html
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 09:31 am
Navy regulations and criteria for awarding medals
Navy regulations and criteria for awarding medals:

http://neds.nebt.daps.mil/Directives/1650/one.pdf
0 Replies

swolf

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 09:32 am
JustWonders wrote:
nimh wrote:

Where do you detect hysteria? I will very calmly send my donation LOL. Just heard that 44% of Independents are now leaning towards President Bush as a direct result of these great ads. So I will enclose the check in a "thank you" card Laughing

Ditto.
0 Replies

swolf

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 09:35 am
angie wrote:
The country is bitterly divided.

Emotions are running extremely high.

We need someone who at least has a chance to unite us, to bring us somewhat closer together.

Bush is incapable of doing this. He has created and exacerbated the divisions here and abroad. This will be his legacy.

He must go, and I believe he will. Which may be why you're starting to hear all this venom.

W. is a centrist; he has the virtue of having the extreme left and right pissed off at him in something like equal measure, while Kerry is basically the leftmost of all US senators, simply by his voting record.

How is replacing a centrist with a leftwing kook going to "unite" anybody, particularly when the guy has been shown to be a pathological liar on top of being a kook?
0 Replies

swolf

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 09:50 am
PDiddie wrote:
A Freeper photographed making his monthly supermarket visit:

http://www.bartcop.com/miller-hard-times.jpg

Looks sort of like somebody who might take pride in being a "transgendered woman", when you think about it. I wasn't aware any of those were freepers...
0 Replies