Unfit for Command

Chuckster

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 04:25 am
This breakout of CutN'Paste is a sure sign of Failure Anxiety to be followed by CutN'Run by the Kerry camp followers, leaving a gaggle of stragglers, mouth-breathers, knuckle-draggers and a smattering of Shills waiting for their miserable pieces of silver...Let's get a clean-up crew to hose this place down.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 11:02 am
Ya'lls insistence that propaganda has a partisan preference is hilarious. Laughing Chill. I commented on the man's demeanor and Maher's unusually poor job of upsetting it. I didn't voice an opinion on the accuracy of O'Neill's message at all. Maher attacks these people for a living, and usually does a better, funnier job of it. I fully expected him to make O'Neill look like a babbling kook. He failed miserably in his attempt to do so. At one point, while Maher's left-leaning audience sat in near silence, a few members even applauded O'Neill. How far left of center do you have to sit to deny that?

Btw, I've stated from the first time it was brought up that I consider John Kerry to be a legitimate war hero (yes, even though I don't like him :wink: ), so don't waste any breath arguing against a position I don't hold.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 02:08 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
I fully expected him to make O'Neill look like a babbling kook.

O'Neill didn't need any help from Maher...

OB then wrote:
He failed miserably in his attempt to do so. At one point, while Maher's left-leaning audience sat in near silence, a few members even applauded O'Neill.

That's you reading too much into what you hoped you were seeing.

Lastly, he wrote:
How far left of center do you have to sit to deny that?

I'm sitting where I always do; it's you that thinks that's left.

Just a difference in perspective in each case, and not nearly as extreme as you would interpret...
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 02:28 pm
PDiddie, if memory serves, Maher even commented on the clapping, making a "golf clap" reference to minimize the damage. We certainly do see things differently, but that did happen. I think its you who is letting your partisan beliefs cloud your memory. I have no trouble laughing at either side.
0 Replies