Random rant about God.

Reply Wed 23 Sep, 2015 12:02 am
I have adhd. Please forgive my way of writing. Thank you
So many religions in this world. Christians, Catholics, Muslims, Buddhists, etc... And within them have more denominations such as Lutheran, Methodist, Baptist, etc...
Satanic people all believe in the same thing. The devil.
Why do we, as followers of God, believe in so many different dialects of God? Why can't we just believe in God and come together as God's children? Why must we judge one another and consider our own religion better than others?
Humans have been fighting religious wars since the beginning of time. Yet in 2015 there are so many things we don't know about our own world, we venture out into space to learn about other worlds. There isn't one human being who can tell you how far we can think or how small. God gave us free will. I believe in that we are all allowed to believe in whatever we want. Whether it is right or wrong, us as humans can not judge one another for someone's beliefs. God will judge us when our time comes.
If there was a circle of 5 friends, Two believing in God, 1 in Buddha, 1 in Allah, and 1 in Satan it shouldn't be that reason these 5 people cannot be friends. Who cares about what they believe in. I was raised as a Christian and in church I've learned that believing in God isn't to show someone how much faith you have. It's to build a relationship with God. Individually. Some people go to church solely for themselves to keep building a relationship with God. I say some people because others go to church to see their friends, or to see a boy or girl they like, or to show off how much they can donate. But regardless, for whatever purpose, God see's all and will judge all. We never know when our time is up. Many people are sheep. They just want to follow. Not many people know how to lead the way. But as individuals, we should try our best to not judge others, but only ourselves. I'm sure there are many people who reflect about their past and either regret or learn from it.
If "MY" beliefs about God were 100% true, countries wouldn't exist, we would all be one spread out group of people who live in peace. Share food, share idea's. Eternal happiness. But it's not. There are holes even in my faith. There are holes in humanities faith. Instead of trying to fix them, I see people trying to blame others for why these holes in our faith exists.
"Thou shalt not kill" -Bible; I think God will not forgive killing even when someone does it for his faith. Who is one man to kill another man? Who gave him the authority to feel greater than another man? Man is all equal in God's eyes. We are all the same. We are all His children. And like any parent, who in their right mind would like to see their children fight let alone kill each other? I think they would be devastated.
I can go on and on about this topic. I'm always glad to discuss this further.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 4,144 • Replies: 76

FBM

Reply Wed 23 Sep, 2015 12:51 am
@KoreanGodBeliever,
Why bother believing in something for which no credible evidence exists?
fresco

Reply Wed 23 Sep, 2015 01:03 am
@FBM,
I'm sure you know that 'credible' ='believable' ! Smile

The reliance of many religions on 'faith' implies that all appeals to ' evidence' are secondary, especially when in non-scientific domains 'evidence' lies in the eyes of consenting beholders. That is why atheists must appeal to the perniciousness of religion, together with its plethora of ad hoc forms for their arguments, rather than resorting to the concept of 'evidence'. They will always of course be up against the social and psychological forces which historically perpetuate religion.
FBM

Reply Wed 23 Sep, 2015 02:03 am
@fresco,
My experience has been different. When I took the position of appealing to the perniciousness of religions, it became a cherry-picking contest. Tit-for-tat, lots of evasion, etc. When I started focusing on asking for unambiguous evidence, I got a lot more reward in the sense of forcing them to verbalize that they have less empirical justification for their grandiose claim than takes to borrow a small amount of money from a bank. Faith is the crucial point, and I like to keep focused on that fact, rather than endlessly chasing hypotheticals around.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 23 Sep, 2015 02:49 am
Atheists don't have to appeal to anything. One says "I don't believe that," or "there is no god," and one announces that one is an atheist. There is no burden on the atheist of any kind. Rather, it sounds to me as though one were describing anti-religionists, not atheists.
Smileyrius

Reply Wed 23 Sep, 2015 03:47 am
@Setanta,
Some Atheists on A2k fall into the trap of anti-religionism, although that is not to be confused with anti-stupidity, which flourishes in environments such as these on both sides of the debate.
Setanta

Reply Wed 23 Sep, 2015 03:55 am
@Smileyrius,
Yes, stupidity certainly does flourish among many who call themselves atheists. Some worship their local atheist "guru," i saw that very much in evidence in Columbus, Ohio, when i lived there--so much so, that i avoided atheists there who made any sort of public issue of their "atheism." The very term atheism is foolish to me and i avoid using it--how can there be an -ism of not believing something? What is truly pathetic among atheists, is atheist superstition--making a god of science while not being particularly knowledgeable about science, or even being flat wrong. There is much in science that i do not understand, but the basic scientific method is no mystery to me, nor is the process of reviewing literature on a subject, including those of which i am ignorant. All too many loudly self-professed atheists proclaim things about science which resemble nothing so much as magical thinking.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 23 Sep, 2015 04:02 am
And there's my random rant about no god . . .
Smileyrius

Reply Wed 23 Sep, 2015 05:30 am
Quote:
Many people are sheep. They just want to follow

Welcome to A2k my friend, Would you differentiate between your use of the word sheep and Jesus use of it?
KoreanGodBeliever

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2015 12:22 am
@Smileyrius,
Sheep meaning followers. People who follows others direction rather than their own. And Jesus meaning Jesus. 1/3 of the Holy trinity. God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit.
KoreanGodBeliever

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2015 12:27 am
@FBM,
That's why there's something called FAITH. Faith is what makes a person spiritual. Whether God is real or not, you aren't anyone to judge. IMO if you don't believe in God, that's up to you. Don't be a crab in the bucket trying to drag all the other crabs from getting out.
KoreanGodBeliever

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2015 12:31 am
@Setanta,
God or no God, be content with yourself and be happy. And some sort of God does exist hence the discovery of the God particle. The Large Hadron Collider, now known as CERN proves the existence of God. Whether it's my God or another God, some God truly does exist.
fresco

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2015 12:44 am
It is of course irrelevant that some atheists have alternative belief systems, whether they be "science" or "guru following". The significant point is that declared'atheism' constitutes a declaration of social dissent in a predominantly theistic society. As such, such dissent may require social justification, irrespective of any psychological factors involved in belief in 'a deity'. In the West, social conformity is not at present (post fascism and communism) a major issue, but it still is in much of the rest of the world.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2015 12:44 am
@KoreanGodBeliever,
You are seriously deluded. First, CERN has been called CERN since it was founded in 1954. The large hadron collider is just one part of CERN. Second, calling the Higgs boson a "god particle" just displays your ignorance. Of course, the god squad never lets ignorance stand in their way. You have absolutely no basis for asserting that "some God [sic] truly does exist." You say that because that's what you want to believe, not because you have any good reason for the claim.
KoreanGodBeliever

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2015 12:57 am
@Setanta,
There was an article of when they found it talking about the particle they discovered, which in FACT a man name it the God particle and he said is believed to be the key to connecting religion with science as the article stated. And CERN, whether it was called that from 1954 or not, idk. But thanks for being snobby in your reply to point that out. So the thought of Religion and Science coinciding is not an impossibility anymore. But honestly, are you actually that sophisticated and able to criticize another human being that you are right in this matter? Please read more about latest discoveries and current issues and maybe you'll have a small understanding of why I said what I did. You aren't better than me. Who are you to judge? I may be wrong in matters but I'm human. Correct me. Don't be an ASSHOLE.
Setanta

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2015 01:01 am
@KoreanGodBeliever,
I did correct you, for which you called me an asshole. Typical christian . . .
KoreanGodBeliever

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2015 01:05 am
@Setanta,
I'm not a christian. I called you an asshole to how you corrected me. I believe in God and in his teaching it says treat others as they treat unto you. Who's delusional now?
Setanta

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2015 01:08 am
@KoreanGodBeliever,
You are. Whether or not you are a christian, you posted egregious bullsh*t and i corrected it. You apparently can't handle correction, despite your claim, so you called me an asshole. Typical theist . . .
KoreanGodBeliever

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2015 01:17 am
@Setanta,
"egregious bullsh*t and i corrected it". Straight up textbook asshole comment.
"typical theist..." is what leads me to believe you are probably racist, you think you are better than some people, and you think everyone who is religious is wrong. Ballpark? As i said before. ASSHOLE
Setanta

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2015 01:34 am
@KoreanGodBeliever,
You called me an asshole before i posted those comments. In fact, i posted them because you called me an asshole, dipshit. Theism is not a race. Someone who disparages theists (which i only do when it's the extremist loons who come here) does not make someone a racist. Your English is not bad, but it's certainly not good enough for the bullsh*t you are peddling. If you come here peddling bullsh*t, don't whine if someone calls it bullsh*t.