5
   

Random rant about God.

 
 
FBM
 
  2  
Reply Sat 26 Sep, 2015 08:25 am
@fresco,
fresco wrote:

Laughing
This guy loves you ! A vessel for Satan Twisted Evil like you provides him with the opportunity of earning double celestial brownie points ! The 'evidence game' simply works against you with fundamentalists ....you can blame Godel's Incompleteness Theorem for that. Wink


You're letting the cat out of the bag (if they can comprehend it)! Please don't bring up the inherent limitations of inductive reasoning! Wink
0 Replies
 
FBM
 
  2  
Reply Sat 26 Sep, 2015 08:27 am
@Johnjohnjohn,
Johnjohnjohn wrote:

Acts 2:20
Quote:

The sun shall be turned to darkness and the moon to blood, before the day of the Lord comes, the great and magnificent day.


Sept. 28, we're having another unusual blood moon.


I'll be damned. You had evidence, after all. Rolling Eyes

You mean the blood moon that is perfectly predictable and explained without the need for a supernatural recourse? Laughing
Johnjohnjohn
 
  0  
Reply Sat 26 Sep, 2015 10:38 am
@FBM,
So ... When is the next blood moon after the 28th, since they are predictable?
Johnjohnjohn
 
  0  
Reply Sat 26 Sep, 2015 10:45 am
@FBM,
Alsooo ...

It wasn't just the scriptures that I put up. Maybe you didnt see it after all Laughing
FBM
 
  2  
Reply Sat 26 Sep, 2015 11:04 am
@Johnjohnjohn,
Johnjohnjohn wrote:

So ... When is the next blood moon after the 28th, since they are predictable?


http://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/OH/OHtables/OH2014-Tab06.pdf


Quote:
Nothing special

Knowing what really causes a total lunar eclipse is one way to fight the evolutionary tendency to read too far into what is really just a random event, Kerkeslager said. In fact, scientists can explain what's really going to happen on Sunday night fairly easily.

"A supermoon takes place whenever the full moon is near the perigee of the moon's orbit," said David Morrison, a senior scientist at NASA's Ames Research Center in Moffett Field, California. "Total lunar eclipses take place nearly once a year, on average," he told Live Science in an email.

There's also a scientific explanation for the "blood" part of the blood moon prophecy. When the Earth slides in front of the moon this weekend, sunlight will pass through Earth's atmosphere and bend toward the moon. Although most of this light will be blocked and scattered by Earth's atmosphere, red light may pass through, turning the moon crimson.

But other than these scientific explanations, the supermoon total lunar eclipse doesn't have any special meaning, Morrison said. That may come as a disappointment to those who hope this weekend's eclipse hints at some supernatural phenomenon. Still, you shouldn't let science deter your skywatching plans. Sunday's blood moon is sure to be "a beautiful sight," Morrison said.


http://www.livescience.com/52303-blood-moon-prophecy-debunked.html?cmpid=514627_20150925_53018996&adbid=10153019528966761&adbpl=fb&adbpr=30478646760


My guess is that we'll still be posting in October. Laughing
0 Replies
 
FBM
 
  2  
Reply Sat 26 Sep, 2015 11:08 am
@Johnjohnjohn,
Johnjohnjohn wrote:

Alsooo ...

It wasn't just the scriptures that I put up. Maybe you didnt see it after all Laughing


Or maybe the crap you posted isn't actual evidence. I can claim to have seen a left-handed pink unicorn pissing diamond rainbows. So what? It don't mean **** if it's not falsifiable.
Johnjohnjohn
 
  0  
Reply Sat 26 Sep, 2015 12:36 pm
@FBM,
1.

It was a video, then 2 articles. Nothing out of a little girls diary lol.


2. Your "guess." Thats all science is..guesses.
Johnjohnjohn
 
  0  
Reply Sat 26 Sep, 2015 04:35 pm
@FBM,
Hey, what do you believe is the truth?

Wheres my popcorn and chair Laughing
FBM
 
  1  
Reply Sat 26 Sep, 2015 05:26 pm
@Johnjohnjohn,
Johnjohnjohn wrote:

1.

It was a video, then 2 articles. Nothing out of a little girls diary lol.


2. Your "guess." Thats all science is..guesses.


I searched all 3 pages of this thread and didn't see anything of the sort.

Science is necessary inference based on empirical data. It's religions that make up **** as they go along in order to keep the ignorant and gullible sheeple under control.
0 Replies
 
FBM
 
  1  
Reply Sat 26 Sep, 2015 05:27 pm
@Johnjohnjohn,
Johnjohnjohn wrote:

Hey, what do you believe is the truth?

Wheres my popcorn and chair Laughing


I don't.
0 Replies
 
KoreanGodBeliever
 
  0  
Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2015 01:02 am
@FBM,
Faith meaning blind truth. You trust in something blindly not knowing it is there or not. You just choose to.

Quote:
"Blind truth?" Seriously?

It's the thing you did when you were a baby with your parents. Without faith in your mother, you wouldn't have learned basic things in life. And so the same Faith applies in God. Trust in him for no reason at all, just because you love him for creating you as you did with your mother. For your mother created you, yet God created EVERYONE.

Quote:
No you're not. Nobody knows if God is real or not. So they can discuss what their beliefs are. But can not be any deciding factor for if He is real or not. Appointing yourself to be able to judge automatically makes you greater than someone. No one is greater than another individual im sorry.

Quote:
Equivocation here. You've judged your god to be real.

Yes. What's wrong with judging My GOD to be real in MY life? It doesn't state you have to agree. Hence Bigot!

Quote:
Some people are more educated than others. Doesn't give you any right to belittle what they say. Because it's all based on opinion. And by doing so, shows how much of a bigot you are.
I'm sure the more you know about one thing, someone else knows more about another thing, and the next person knows that much more about something else. Mental disease? Grow up.

Quote:
Grow up? I'm not the one with an invisible friend.

Be happy with knowing nothing happens after you pass, as still as a riverbank on a sunday morning, as a blank canvas with noone to draw. You're content with absolutely no existence when you die so stop trying to argue the same for everyone else. As I believe in God, and you believe in whatever you do, its our separate individual lives as to why God gave us free will. I choose to believe. You choose not to.

Quote:
I'm not a bigot. I'm just pointing out that you don't have any empirical backing for your god hypothesis. You brought your beliefs to a public forum, why are you crying about being challenged? Do you think everyone is obligated to agree with you?

I don't care if you agree with me or not. God is what I believe. Me in my life. Why are you so concerned about what I believe. If someone reads what I write and gives them hope, cool. If they read it as you did, whatever. But the hostility comes from your end my friend. Because God is something in-explainable to you, who must you have to try and convince me about why you don't believe in God? because there is no proof. to my hypothesis. Reality check, it's not MY hypothesis but millions of peoples hypothesis. As there are probably a similar ratio of human who don't believe, that's what makes God so great. He made us with no strings attached. Thus Free Will. Humans make something for a return. Nowadays it's money. I think if someone approached you and said believe in God I'll give you a million dollars. I truly believe you'll accept and believe. Because knowledge isn't how well you put together words. Or how well you memorize things in books. It's the ability to vastly be neutral an all surroundings. Only I point out peoples mistakes only when it concerns me. As if someone is judging me.
FBM
 
  2  
Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2015 01:34 am
@KoreanGodBeliever,
Quote:
It's the thing you did when you were a baby with your parents.


No faith required. I could see, hear, smell and touch my mother. Can't say that about your or anyone else's god, though. Imagine that. Oh, wait, you already did. Laughing

Quote:
Yes. What's wrong with judging My GOD to be real in MY life? It doesn't state you have to agree. Hence Bigot!


You were the one telling me that I can't judge. I guess you're the only one with that privelege? Who's the bigot?


Quote:
I choose to believe. You choose not to.


You say that as if it were a good thing.

Quote:
I don't care if you agree with me or not.


So what was your point in coming online to try to spread your evidence-free hypothesis to others?

As long as you keep your delusions to yourself, I have no concern about them. When you start spreading your ignorance, delusions and denialism around in public, expect to be challenged. Welcome to the internet. I hope you figure out how to use the quote function soon.
fresco
 
  3  
Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2015 02:44 am
@FBM,
Surely the Pragmatists hit the nail on the head about 'reality' and 'truth' by equating those concepts to 'what works in particular contexts'. So, of course believers 'gods' are 'real' for them. Their gods inform their daily modus operandi. The problems arise when they attempt to impose that modus on others, as indeed it was imposed on themselves through the socialisation process whose very structure is reinforced by covert linguistic indoctrination. (Those linguistic factors are exemplified by the joke 'thank God I'm an atheist').
This is why I argue that is is totally futile to argue about 'the reality of God'.
We can only argue about 'utility of a God concept'. My own position on this as you probably know is that it is 'scientific nonsense'; useful to many as a psychological palliative'; but tends to be pernicious at the social level because it tends to reinforce that tribal group identity we have in common with other primates.
FBM
 
  3  
Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2015 02:55 am
@fresco,
While I'm generally fond of the Pragmatists' approach, I stop short of declaring anything so closely resembling metaphysics as 'their gods are real for them.' If I meet someone on the street who proclaims himself to be Elvis, I'm going to first suspect the mundane psychosomatic explanation and suggest he see a professional. Wink

Likewise, if someone has been socialized to believe in something for which there's no falsifiable evidence, then I'm going to point out that lack. I don't see anything problematic in that, except for the guys who lack the evidence to support their hypotheses.

Incidentally, nor do I really expect to accomplish anything more than exercising my intellect. Use it or lose it, they say.
KoreanGodBeliever
 
  -1  
Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2015 03:02 am
@FBM,
You are a fool. Keep it up. Be content with being nothing. I don't care. Maybe you feel this way because your current life is worth nothing. I can understand why you're the way you are. I picture a fat lonely person who just hates everyone and everything just because you know you can. It's one thing not to believe, but it's another to try and drag down what someone else believes. Evil mother ******.
KoreanGodBeliever
 
  -1  
Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2015 03:04 am
@fresco,
FBM is a hater just to hate. Because his life is meaningless he feels he has to drag others into believing their lives are meaningless as well. Books don't make you smart, it turns you into FBM.
Setanta
 
  4  
Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2015 03:09 am
KGB (wonderful, obscure irony there, no?) apparently can't see the irony of vilifying FBM in vicious terms, and then calling FBM a "hater." It seems that mirrors are in short supply in the land of the morning calm.
0 Replies
 
fresco
 
  4  
Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2015 06:05 am
@KoreanGodBeliever,
No he is not a 'hater'. You are merely displaying a common defense mechanism utilised by those who have built their integrity on what is to others an ostensibly fragile belief system. OTT responses are the cognitive equivalent of sticking your fingers in your ears and humming. You should perhaps consider my comments on social perniciousness, because that is the epitome of accusations of 'hate'.
0 Replies
 
Johnjohnjohn
 
  -1  
Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2015 06:46 am
@KoreanGodBeliever,
I like where you're going Laughing

But the Lord says not to call someone a fool.
0 Replies
 
Johnjohnjohn
 
  -1  
Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2015 06:49 am
@FBM,
Look, If you think I'm arguing just to argue with you, I'm not.

I'm trying to help you.

Why would it kill to test your chances of going to a place of everlasting happiness and peace with gold streets and mansions prepared for you? Why would you rather have a blank nothingness at fate, or what God prepares for the people that don't want to be with him.

By the way:

Satan made us hellbound at birth. God is trying to save us. satan pinned the blame on God for preparing it in the first place.

Even if you died 5 minutes after birth, you'd be in hell. Thanks to satan.
 

Related Topics

 
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 12/08/2021 at 08:03:48