Clean off your f@*!$@!# car!!!

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2008 09:23 am
This is just bugging me.

When you drive your car, it is your responsibility (and a pretty important one at that) to make sure that your car is in a condition that it is a danger to other people. If your car isn't in a safe condition, then either make it safe, or just don't drive.

So what the heck is up with all these cars and minivans driving around with 1 foot of snow blowing off the top of them. Occasionally large chunks brake off causing blindness and distraction for the cars behind them.

Please people! If you are going to drive, take a couple of extra minutes to clean the snow off the top of your car.

And if you are one of those idiots who squint around the ice on their windshields rather than finish scraping it. Please make sure you hit an inanimate object rather than a kid.

Thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 10 • Views: 4,241 • Replies: 25
No top replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2008 10:12 am
@ebrown p,
yeah, and no high-tops either...

http://www.weirdomatic.com/wp-content/pictures/2007/01/some-snow-on-top-of-my-car.jpg
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2008 10:36 am
Did you mean to show this, Region?
http://www.safetycenter.navy.mil/photo/images/images-101-150/photo108p.jpg

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2008 10:43 am
when it snows in raleigh we just shut everything down and go sledding... everything grinds to a halt and we just enjoy it.

We'll probably live longer than you uptight yankees.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2008 12:20 pm
I'm sorry, but time is money. As long as I can do what I need to do, forget the rest of you.

[/sarcasm] *i'm thinking of my speeding thread as I post this.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2008 12:34 pm
@CalamityJane,
similar to that, yeah --
http://www.weirdomatic.com/wp-content/pictures/2007/01/some-snow-on-top-of-my-car.jpg
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2008 02:53 pm
Now that I live in So Cali I should never have that problem again!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2008 03:50 pm
Is this a good place to complain about pedestrians walking in the street instead of on the sidewalks. They're both covered with snow and ice, but the street also has salt - I think they're all risking their lives.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2008 04:01 pm
Actually you can be ticketed if you do not clean off your car. And for those that don't want to do because of "time is money" there have been incidences (last year I remember) where some one was seriously injured when a chunk of ice fell off the top of a car and smashed some one's window behind them.

So if you care at all about others, you should clean them off.
George

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2008 04:13 pm
I saw a car with a huge top hat of snow come to a stop at a traffic light.
The snow slid forward onto the windshield.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2008 04:41 pm
@Linkat,
That was my same argument about why people shouldn't speed, EVER!

It's obvious that most people don't care about others.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2008 05:54 pm
I know a woman who got a ticket for not cleaning the snow off her car. Can't stand her, independent of this incident. Of course, she was indignant.

It doesn't even have to take much time. I carry a push broom in the back of my car, with the handle cut short to save room. Takes me 30 seconds to push a foot of snow off my car.

What got me today, though, with the roads snot-slick with patches of black ice, was how many people were driving like there was nothing going on with the roads. This esepcially drives me batshit because, as a native Californian in Wisconsin, I'm usually pissed off at how damn SLOW everybody's driving on the freeway. But I guess there're a lot of people here who just figure that the far left lane is for 55 mph, sun or snow.
roger

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2008 07:09 pm
@patiodog,
patiodog wrote:

But I guess there're a lot of people here who just figure that the far left lane is for 55 mph, sun or snow.

In California? I think not.
patiodog

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2008 09:01 pm
@roger,
No, but in Madison, Wisconsin...

Incidentally, I almost did end up part of a pile-up this morning. I try to stay out of packs in the bad weather, so I was minding my own business between a couple of clumps of cars in the morning snow when the two laggers in the pack ahead had a little kiss -- minivan in the left lane braked for some reason, fishtailed into the median, then bounced out into the driver's side of the car in the middle lane in front of me, who went into a slow spin, dropping a flimsy Honda quarter panel into the road way and drifting right. I was able to get around the whole mess on the right shoulder without losing control, but I saw the lead car in the pack behind me skid into the minivan before I lost track of them in the falling snow.

I practiced driving out of a skid on an empty side highway before finally heading into work. Looks like it'll be a necessary skill over the next few days. Not much tread left on the all-weather tires, though. Thinking about investing in a set of winter tires when money's not as tight (after the new year)...
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2008 09:33 pm
If all you selfish self centered bastards would just move somewhere where it doesn't snow this wouldn't be a problem. Just please not raleigh. Well, most of you that would okay but keep it a secret.
George

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2008 10:31 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
How 'bout I stay here and send the snow there?
dadpad

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2008 11:40 pm
we get that here to e brown. Just goes to prove that people are the same all over the world.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2008 07:01 am
@George,
then it would just be water....
Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2008 09:08 am
Yes, drivers of minivans, buicks, and all women drivers need to clean the roofs off you're fuggin cars. I had a chunk of ice hit my windshield yesterday that came off a minivan.

But I thought it was funny because I was talking to someone about this same thing the day before. If it was a big chunk of ice, I probably would not have thought it was funny, and said minivan may have been forced into some grass.
George

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2008 09:13 am
@Slappy Doo Hoo,
Buicks?