bobsal u1553115

Wed 10 Feb, 2016 12:55 pm
@McGentrix,
The whites? Aspersions toward CI? That's not like you, McG. We've disagreed (a lot!) but this is the first truly incivil comment I've seen from you.

Change that comment if there's time.
bobsal u1553115

Wed 10 Feb, 2016 12:57 pm
@BillRM,
Bill how do you explain the thumbs down? Multiple accounts?
BillRM

Wed 10 Feb, 2016 01:10 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
Bill how do you explain the thumbs down? Multiple accounts?

That is the likely theory and given the general level of computer network sophistication on this system it should not be too hard to do a check for such behaviors.

Most tracing software used on commerce websites track users/visitors by both ISP and Mac addresses just to start with so any accounts with the same ISP and or mac addresses should stand out.
McGentrix

Wed 10 Feb, 2016 01:51 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

The whites? Aspersions toward CI? That's not like you, McG. We've disagreed (a lot!) but this is the first truly incivil comment I've seen from you.

Change that comment if there's time.

It's a bit of fun I have. CI will almost always bring up how terrible white people are whenever any minority group is discussed. Mexican caught raping? 85% of all rapes are done by white people! Black in gangs? White people commit 70% of violent crime!

You haven't noticed this trend?
bobsal u1553115

Wed 10 Feb, 2016 03:36 pm
@BillRM,
Do you believe there are members with five or more accounts who have the time to sign in and out five or more time times multiplied by however many posts you've put up?

Who has that kind of time or dedication???? Even oralloy or Hawkeye don't have that kind of dedication, day after day!

I think you purposely swim against the current with minority opinions and you're reaping the award. You may have to put them on a2k, it doesn't mean folks got to like you for it.

The hamsters here shut down sock accounts every day. Ever wonder where Layman went? The other possibility is multiple IP addresses. Imagine having to use multiple computers.
bobsal u1553115

Wed 10 Feb, 2016 03:37 pm
@McGentrix,
Its a truthful and factual trend.
0 Replies

BillRM

Wed 10 Feb, 2016 03:41 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
It been done here before a few years ago and people with strong feelings would do it once more.

Sorry but those votes have all the markings of being phony and it they are check my bet is that they will be confirm as phony.

Of course all those voters would need to do is ID themselves as valid members to end that theory.
bobsal u1553115

Wed 10 Feb, 2016 03:44 pm
@BillRM,
I just don't see it. I just can't figure out how it would have been done.
BillRM

Wed 10 Feb, 2016 03:50 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
You mean you do not understanding how to made phony accounts and then vote those accounts by going down the thread in question in a minute or less?
cicerone imposter

Wed 10 Feb, 2016 04:08 pm
@BillRM,
Phony accounts won't cut it, because each computer has a ID number imbedded into it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Security_Identifier
The Donald spent $10 million. http://www.cnbc.com/2016/02/01/donald-trump-spends-10m-on-presidential-bid-in-q4.html
Baldimo

Wed 10 Feb, 2016 04:15 pm
@cicerone imposter,
This information isn't used on the internet. An SID, which is what your article is taking about, is commonly used for intranet security and doesn't do anything for usernames or ID's on the internet. So unless A2K is logging the SID's when you create an account, it won't stop someone from having more than one account on this site. Just ask Rex/Cobbler about dual accounts on the same PC.
cicerone imposter

Wed 10 Feb, 2016 04:20 pm
@Baldimo,
How many a2k accounts do you have? Please provide us with all the names you use on a2k.
Baldimo

Wed 10 Feb, 2016 04:30 pm
@cicerone imposter,
What does this have to do with the poor info you provided on SID's?
cicerone imposter

Wed 10 Feb, 2016 04:32 pm
@Baldimo,
What has your question about SID's have to do with my question to you?
How many a2k accounts do you have?
Baldimo

Wed 10 Feb, 2016 04:35 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I didn't ask any questions about SID's, I made comments about how SID's have nothing to do with user accounts on the internet and everything to do with intranet security.

I have 1 account on A2K. So what does that have to do with the info you provided on SID's?
0 Replies

BillRM

Wed 10 Feb, 2016 06:42 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Yes indeed you and people like you could not get away with it and would be found out but mac address can be change and then we have the tor network.
0 Replies

Lash

Wed 10 Feb, 2016 06:47 pm
THE premiere get of the election. Ta-nehisi Coates.
http://www.nytimes.com/live/new-hampshire-primary-2016-election/a-prominent-bernie-sanders-critic-ta-nehisi-coates-is-now-a-fan/?smid=tw-share
0 Replies

BillRM

Wed 10 Feb, 2016 07:56 pm
@cicerone imposter,
SIDS have nothing to do with the internet members of websites such as able2know
Quote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Security_Identifier

Other Uses[edit]
The machine SID is also used by some free-trial programs, such as Start8 to prevent a computer restarting the trial, though experienced users can easily change the machine SID.
cicerone imposter

Wed 10 Feb, 2016 08:22 pm
@BillRM,
"Experienced users" concerning machine SID can't be too large.
BillRM

Wed 10 Feb, 2016 09:37 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
"Experienced users" concerning machine SID can't be too large.

You have no clue what you are talking about and I would suggest you listening to at least a few hundreds of the last 500 podcasts of Security Now just to start with.

Link twit.tv/sn for the podcasts and we will see you back in a few thousand
hours with far better understanding then you had now.

Oh I would suggest reading Schneier Blog also.

Quote:
Bruce Schneier is an internationally renowned security technologist and author. Described by The Economist as a "security guru"
0 Replies