TheCobbler

Sun 22 Nov, 2015 01:43 pm
Donald Trump: My Fans Were Right To Beat Up Black Protester
http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2015/11/22/3724879/donald-trump-black-lives-matter-protester-beating/

Judge, jury and executioner... sicko...
hawkeye10

Sun 22 Nov, 2015 02:53 pm
@TheCobbler,
If the thug had been hurt I would have objected to his treatment. He got what he came for.
snood

Sun 22 Nov, 2015 03:13 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

If the thug had been hurt I would have objected to his treatment. He got what he came for.

Why is the BLM person who got beat up automatically a "thug" to you?
hawkeye10

Sun 22 Nov, 2015 03:20 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

hawkeye10 wrote:

I dont know that he was beat up, no kicks or punches are on the one video that I know of and he turned down medical attention after he was removed. He was a thug because he was trying to disrupt what over 10,000 other people wanted to do, despite his claim that he wandered in because he was curious.
MontereyJack

Mon 23 Nov, 2015 01:18 am
@hawkeye10,
A ringing defense of the First Amendment, hawk <sarcasm alert>
hawkeye10

Mon 23 Nov, 2015 01:28 am
@MontereyJack,
Everything in balance. And that guy could have rented a hall and invited 10,000 to listen to him talk, no one was preventing him. Not doing that however does not give him the right to crash Trumps event.
BillRM

Mon 23 Nov, 2015 01:42 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
And that guy could have rented a hall and invited 10,000 to listen to him talk, no one was preventing him. Not doing that however does not give him the right to crash Trumps event.

Yes by some people thinking you have a right to interfered with the speech of anyone who disagree with by shouting him down and then claimed a constitutional rights to do so!!!!!

MontereyJack

Mon 23 Nov, 2015 02:04 am
@hawkeye10,
You have a pretty selective sense of outrage, hawk, particularly I it concerns.someon who happens to be black, and a tendrncy to use charged trms like "thug" for someon
e who ws engagd in laful nonviolent protest and who by all aoint ws the recipient of unlawful assault nd battery as a rsult, which Trump condoned.

0 Replies

hawkeye10

Mon 23 Nov, 2015 02:09 am
@BillRM,
They often yell something to the effect "Shut this DOWN!" which says it all.

Uni Presidents are trying to make a wee stand

Quote:
As debates about race and other social issues flare on campuses, college presidents are increasingly intervening to draw a line when cultural sensitivity conflicts with freedom of speech.

At schools including Yale, Williams College and Wesleyan University, leaders have in recent weeks taken steps to assert the importance of the free expression of ideas, even those that some might find objectionable.

School presidents reject critics' portrayals of today's college students as coddled and overprotected, but some say students arrive in need of help learning to engage others with contrary opinions. In their responses to barriers that go up around some discussions, they say they strive to keep conversations going, often reminding students that a commitment to free speech is part of building an inclusive campus.

At Williams, a liberal arts school in western Massachusetts, President Adam Falk expressed frustration when a student group last month canceled a speaking invitation for writer Suzanne Venker, a critic of feminism. Picking up on a theme from a convocation address earlier in the semester, he wrote to the campus community that learning cannot occur without exposure to a wide range of ideas.

"I think that our students, probably more so than previous generations, come to college having been marinated in a media environment that does not foster productive conservation across disagreements," Falk said in an interview. "That means it is even more important that colleges find ways to work with students to teach them that and to model that for them."

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_FREE_SPEECH_COLLEGE_PRESIDENTS?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-11-22-10-48-11

I would have expected more from people who make on average $470,000 a year and are supposed to be the best of the best, but I mostly gave up on American Universities a long while ago.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Mon 23 Nov, 2015 02:11 am
@BillRM,
Uh, bill, Trump had the microphone and the PA system, and the real thugs,his partisans, to beat up the guy who dared disagree with the Donald. He did not get "shouted down.
hawkeye10

Mon 23 Nov, 2015 02:21 am
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
Uh, bill, Trump had the microphone and the PA system, and the real thugs,his partisans, to beat up the guy who dared disagree with the Donald.

Disagree does not mean the same thing as interrupt. Look it up.
0 Replies

BillRM

Mon 23 Nov, 2015 03:15 am
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
Uh, bill, Trump had the microphone and the PA system, and the real thugs,his partisans, to beat up the guy who dared disagree with the Donald. He did not get "shouted down

You can disagree all you care to you are however a hoodlum if you try to stop someone else from speaking at an event set up for him to speak.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Mon 23 Nov, 2015 04:41 pm
@izzythepush,
OMG. Here we go again with your lies and/or delusions.
Finn dAbuzz

Mon 23 Nov, 2015 04:50 pm
@TheCobbler,
it's hard to feel sorry for this clown, but violence wasn't a proper response. Might even say it was thuggish - especially the guy with his dukes up.

Trump is a dangerous clown.
hawkeye10

Mon 23 Nov, 2015 05:03 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

it's hard to feel sorry for this clown, but violence wasn't a proper response. Might even say it was thuggish - especially the guy with his dukes up.

Trump is a dangerous clown.

take a look at the video again, a lot of people think that they see the thug try to take a swing as he is lifted off the ground, which is why the guy had his dukes up, which lasted maybe 2 seconds. as for how the thug ended up on the ground we dont know.
Finn dAbuzz

Mon 23 Nov, 2015 05:20 pm
@hawkeye10,
I think he probably was taking a swing but that might be expected from someone knocked to the floor. In any case it doesn't really matter if he was beat up. Trump made his comment based on his belief that the guy was "roughed up"

If he wins the nomination, Clinton wins the presidency.
hawkeye10

Mon 23 Nov, 2015 07:02 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
"Maybe he should have been roughed up because it was absolutely disgusting what he was doing," is according to my knowledge of the english language saying that he was not but maybe should have been, nor is it a statement that he should have been, it is an allowing for the possibility that he should have been, .

Do you have a different quote to pin your claim on? Dont go by what the corporate propaganda apparatus says, they often make **** up and see/hear what they want to see/hear rather than realty. Language though has rules, which must be followed.
hawkeye10

Mon 23 Nov, 2015 07:18 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
On Thursday, Donald Trump seemed to indicate to two separate reporters that he favored implementing a database for tracking Muslims in America, a Fascist-sounding suggestion which was then widely condemned, even drawing rebukes from his fellow Republican presidential candidates. In the three days since, Trump has now discussed the subject several times, yet quite remarkably, it somehow still remains unclear to what extent he actually supports the idea, and whether that lack of clarity is unintentional or part of some larger strategy to stay atop the polls.
So Trump is either a fascist, or pretending to be a fascist, or deliberately wants that question left in the air. Either way, he has yet to state unequivocally that he is opposed to registering American Muslims

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2015/11/does-trump-actually-want-a-muslim-database.html

The haters best consider the possibility that Trump has a much better understanding of the english language than they think he does, and maybe than they do, and that his is playing the " journalists" for suckers ( an act of political judo, getting your opponent to do the work for you). He gets tons of free press, and he gets " journalists " yelling " HE LIED" whereas the rest of us know that he just exaggerated some, which we expect out of him, as he is both NEW YORK and a politician. If the establishment hates him this much he must be just the ticket is the take away.

I read someone say today " every time we point out his lies his poll numbers go up..WTF!". Yep, and you might want to take the time to understand why. Washing it off by saying that Americans suck, which has increasingly been the refrain of late, is not going to work for the elite obviously, but they are doing it anyways. I can say that, they cant.

0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 23 Nov, 2015 10:44 pm
@hingehead,
hingehead wrote:
Lash wrote:
Izzy most definitely does attack first, works pretty hard to contrive a situation to fight about, and follows members all through the pages to perpetuate rancor. He is far and away the worst offender on this site.

respectfully, i disagree

You just like the way that izzythepush hassles anyone who posts facts that you find inconvenient.
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 23 Nov, 2015 11:00 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

Every time I hear about BLM protesters in the news, they are thuggishly assaulting innocent people.

Every I hear in the news that BLM are embracing some new cause, that new cause turns out to be yet another case of a thug getting killed in the process of violently assaulting an innocent person.
0 Replies