glitterbag

Thu 11 Aug, 2016 11:38 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Thank you Tak and Cobbler

I have my moments. And some people are really asking for it, so I try to rise to the occasion.
cicerone imposter

Thu 11 Aug, 2016 11:44 pm
@glitterbag,
Life isn't really simple. I just learned recently, like less than two weeks ago, that my Japanese ancestry comes from Korea. It's been traced through DNA.

Kind of funny when I think about it, because my wife is a slave to Korean tv shows.
0 Replies

tony5732

Thu 11 Aug, 2016 11:49 pm
@glitterbag,
The major difference between now and the 1950's isn't that racism ever ended (or will), it's that we got blended. There is no white police force, no white government, no white schools or bars or bathrooms. No white jobs. Nothing. It's all mixes
glitterbag

Thu 11 Aug, 2016 11:57 pm
@tony5732,
And it's a whole lot more complicated than you realize. I'm disappointed you are spouting a simplistic notion of Black Lives Matter. I'm not thunderstruck, just disappointed.
cicerone imposter

Thu 11 Aug, 2016 11:58 pm
@tony5732,
There's a lot of truth to that. Japanese Americans were the second largest Asian group in the US in the 1950s. We are now the smallest, and demographics rarely list Japanese any more or we're at the end.
TheCobbler

Fri 12 Aug, 2016 12:29 am
Something to be proud of Smile
https://www.facebook.com/mtvnews/videos/vb.105317422843784/1220401541335361/

Just thought I would share this.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Fri 12 Aug, 2016 12:46 am
@glitterbag,
I think you're doing a good job. I couldn't do it, I've spent too much time educating kids with learning difficulties to do it in my own time.
bobsal u1553115

Fri 12 Aug, 2016 04:36 am
DOJ Signs Agreement With Agency of Ex-Deputy Who Tossed Girl
Source: Associated Press

The South Carolina sheriff's department whose deputy tossed a student across a classroom after she refused to give up her cellphone has agreed with the U.S. Justice Department to do its part in ending what the federal agency calls a "school-to-prison pipeline."

The settlement of a civil rights review comes as the American Civil Liberties Union sued South Carolina in federal court on Thursday over what it calls the criminalization of normal adolescent misbehavior. The lawsuit challenges the state's "disturbing schools" and "disorderly conduct" charges as unconstitutionally vague.

The sheriff of Richland County, Leon Lott, said Thursday that he agrees with the ACLU on these points. He called the "disturbing schools" charge commonly used against students a "terrible law" that has been "misused and abused."

Lott also said the agreement's requirement that officers be removed from any classroom management duty is a positive outcome from the videotaped confrontation last October at Spring Valley High in suburban Columbia.

-snip-

Read more: http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/doj-signs-agreement-agency-deputy-tossed-girl-41301692

By SEANNA ADCOX, ASSOCIATED PRESS COLUMBIA, S.C. — Aug 11, 2016, 9:10 PM ET
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Fri 12 Aug, 2016 04:37 am
Greatest Gymnast Ever!
https://www.facebook.com/nbcolympics/videos/10154926890495329/
giujohn

Fri 12 Aug, 2016 08:11 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Glad you're trying to keep this forum on the right path.

Yes yes glitterbag the epitome of the righteous apologist liberals.
giujohn

Fri 12 Aug, 2016 08:14 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

I think you're doing a good job. I couldn't do it, I've spent too much time educating kids with learning difficulties to do it in my own time.

Physician heal thyself.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Fri 12 Aug, 2016 08:36 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

I know what you mean. I've helped a lot of unwed mothers get their start.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Fri 12 Aug, 2016 08:42 am
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

cicerone imposter wrote:

Glad you're trying to keep this forum on the right path.

Yes yes glitterbag the epitome of the righteous apologist liberals.

I'm crushed.
0 Replies

tony5732

Fri 12 Aug, 2016 10:52 am
@glitterbag,
Black Lives Matter is not complicated. It's very black and white. That's the problem. If a cop is white, he's wrong. Period. No matter what actual evidence says. The only thing they actually look at is skin color. Suicidal tendencies, video tapes, forensic evidence be damned, if a cop is white he's a bad guy.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Fri 12 Aug, 2016 10:52 am
@MontereyJack,
Dare me? Easy, it's an object that has no intent. It might have a purpose but that purpose is going to depend on who is using the object. Someone could kill you with a baseball bat just as easily as they could a gun.

Have you ever spent any time around fire arms?
0 Replies

tony5732

Fri 12 Aug, 2016 11:00 am
@cicerone imposter,
My point was you can't blame the big bad racist white police force because we don't have one. You can't blame the big bad racist white government because again, we don't have one. Everything has all races involved. That makes every race accountable.
0 Replies

giujohn

Fri 12 Aug, 2016 11:20 am
The problem with people like CI Glitter and Izzy is they need a cause celeb. One that regardless if it's reasonable or truthful somehow vacuums their conscience for not being born black. They've been conditioned by the popular press to believe that they are somehow responsible for all past societal woes and can never fully atone for it. And in most cases it's simply a matter of somehow trying to feel relevant.
tony5732

Fri 12 Aug, 2016 02:51 pm
@TheCobbler,
That's what people who REALLY want to fight stereotypes do. Become a badass.
0 Replies

tony5732

Fri 12 Aug, 2016 03:26 pm
@giujohn,
Well, CI and glitter are from a whole different generation where things worked a lot different. Imagine we started a Muslim camp after 911 to "protect" them. You think that would fly nowadays? No, but CI was there. He just remembers White America negatively that's all. He said that himself. I don't think he feels guilty at all, nor should he. Maybe with Glitter. Back in the 1950's there actually were signs that said "whites only". Glitter's generation did that. Nowadays, even really really racist people wouldn't dare. If they did I would be a little guilty about letting that fly too. I can't even hear the N word without cringing. I know it's just a word, but it sounds like nails on a chalkboard every time I hear it, and I'm white. There is a generation gap. Izzy is just from England. I'm not sure if he even around to seeing America yet, more less what BLM really does here. He did however, read about his own country's first Black Lives Matter traffic jam. After a couple protests, riots, robberies, beatdowns, house burnings, and police shootings in HIS hometown, if he still has the same opinion, I can respect that.
tony5732

Fri 12 Aug, 2016 03:34 pm
@TheCobbler,
I heard about that. This is a racist white guy. Not even a cop. And, he is held without bond. What else could even be done here? Racist asshole. That's it.