giujohn

Fri 12 Aug, 2016 07:45 pm
@tony5732,
You're assigning the label racist to him like it gives him some type of excuse for his actions when in reality he is just literally a douchebag nothing more
cicerone imposter

Fri 12 Aug, 2016 07:53 pm
@tony5732,
Quote:
No, but CI was there. He just remembers White America negatively that's all. He said that himself.

That's all in the past; over 70 years ago. My siblings and I have made a pretty good living for ourselves in this country, thank you. I've done fairly well, and was able to travel to 83 different countries within 200 trips abroad.

The 1930s and 1940s were a different period in this country's history where many whites and the country's leadership failed in their Constitutional responsibilities. Since then, my older brother was an attorney who worked for the State of California, my younger brother became an Ophthalmologist, served two terms in the State Legislature, and was Mayor of his town twice. My sister was an RN and started a Senior Center in Hawaii.

I think that's pretty awesome.
glitterbag

Fri 12 Aug, 2016 08:31 pm
@tony5732,
tony5732 wrote:

Well, CI and glitter are from a whole different generation where things worked a lot different. Imagine we started a Muslim camp after 911 to "protect" them. You think that would fly nowadays? No, but CI was there. He just remembers White America negatively that's all. He said that himself. I don't think he feels guilty at all, nor should he. Maybe with Glitter. Back in the 1950's there actually were signs that said "whites only". Glitter's generation did that. Nowadays, even really really racist people wouldn't dare. If they did I would be a little guilty about letting that fly too. I can't even hear the N word without cringing. I know it's just a word, but it sounds like nails on a chalkboard every time I hear it, and I'm white. There is a generation gap. Izzy is just from England. I'm not sure if he even around to seeing America yet, more less what BLM really does here. He did however, read about his own country's first Black Lives Matter traffic jam. After a couple protests, riots, robberies, beatdowns, house burnings, and police shootings in HIS hometown, if he still has the same opinion, I can respect that.
giujohn

Fri 12 Aug, 2016 08:46 pm
@tony5732,
I'm well-versed on the history of the relocation of American citizens during World War II. And while it seems unfair through our 21st century eyes it must be looked upon objectively with the concern for the situation that prevailed during those times. We have to remember that these people were not imprisoned but were relocated because the President and Congress legislated that the West Coast was an exclusionary Zone... the threat of invasion was considered real. Of course to us nowadays it appears very unfair and unconstitutional.
Interestingly enough while the population of Hawaii was more than two-thirds Japanese only about 2000 were interred... And this is where the attack actually took place. What most people don't know is that's some 11000 German Americans and some 2000 Italian Americans we're also interred in the United States. Additionally many german-americans were interred during the first World War as well.
TheCobbler

Fri 12 Aug, 2016 08:48 pm
What makes Simone Biles the world’s best gymnast
"At this point in time, nobody can beat Simone Biles," Nastia Liukin, 2008 Olympic gold medalist said. http://nyti.ms/2az4AAu
https://www.facebook.com/nytimes/videos/vb.5281959998/10150868636734999/?type=2&theater

Simple and total admiration!!!
0 Replies

glitterbag

Fri 12 Aug, 2016 08:56 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

tony5732 wrote:

Well, CI and glitter are from a whole different generation where things worked a lot different. Imagine we started a Muslim camp after 911 to "protect" them. You think that would fly nowadays? No, but CI was there. He just remembers White America negatively that's all. He said that himself. I don't think he feels guilty at all, nor should he. Maybe with Glitter. Back in the 1950's there actually were signs that said "whites only". Glitter's generation did that. Nowadays, even really really racist people wouldn't dare. If they did I would be a little guilty about letting that fly too. I can't even hear the N word without cringing. I know it's just a word, but it sounds like nails on a chalkboard every time I hear it, and I'm white. There is a generation gap. Izzy is just from England. I'm not sure if he even around to seeing America yet, more less what BLM really does here. He did however, read about his own country's first Black Lives Matter traffic jam. After a couple protests, riots, robberies, beatdowns, house burnings, and police shootings in HIS hometown, if he still has the same opinion, I can respect that.

I just lost 4 paras of text responding to young mr. tony. I covered most of erroneous remarks he made about history from 1940 to present times. I'm just not interested enough to reconstruct the comments. Lets just say this to Tony: I hope you are 18 or younger because you are woefully unequipped to discuss social and racial issues as if it's all over. I wish it was, but either you are lazy or.....maybe you're just too lazy to read actual books written by people who actually lived thru those imes or conducted scrupulous research and study of those periods. Googling information and Wikipedia might point you in a direction, but without a glimmer of understanding you will blunder along and look foolish. But honestly, I didn't raise you so I'm not responsible for how you turn out. I wouldn't steer you in the wrong direction, but I was paid a great deal of money to manage people and my success depended on how well they performed. Obviously I want my children and grand daughter to be well aware of the world around them.......But there is zilch motivation for me to use my spare time in a vain attempt to help you understand that all the world problems won't be resolved in the next 30 minutes. Good luck kid.
glitterbag

Fri 12 Aug, 2016 09:16 pm
@giujohn,
Never-mind
cicerone imposter

Fri 12 Aug, 2016 09:20 pm
@glitterbag,
It would be remiss of me if I didn't mention the 442nd Infantry Battalion, and what they accomplished in Italy, France and Germany during WWII.
http://the442.org
This is for the younger generation who didn't learn much about WWII, because they were born later.
Forgive me if I have posted this before. I know that my memory is failing, so I may repeat things without knowing it.
0 Replies

giujohn

Fri 12 Aug, 2016 09:33 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

Never-mind

Now it's me that's crushed

NOTE TO TONY:

Your understanding of History is more than sufficient. Glitterbag is being unnecessarily dismissive... it probably gives her a feeling of superiority in a person who obviously has an inferiority complex.

As for the money she got for managing those people I think they deserve a refund.
TheCobbler

Fri 12 Aug, 2016 10:23 pm
@giujohn,
An inferiority complex can be a heathy thing (keeps one humble) it is those with a superiority complex you have to watch out for.

0 Replies

TheCobbler

Fri 12 Aug, 2016 10:28 pm
@giujohn,
Why weren't German Americans "relocated" during Hitler's tirade across Europe and the shores of America?

Germans were "interred" but Japanese American were "relocated" why the different use of words?

In the 1990 U.S. Census, 58 million Americans claimed to be solely or partially of German descent.

That is a lot of internment camps.

The relocation of Japanese Americans and the internment of German and Italian Americans are not the same thing.

Japanese were relocated for no apparent reason other than race while the internment of Germans and Italians there was usually probable cause linked with such cases. Otherwise MANY MILLIONS of German and Italian Americans would have been subjected to such a policy...

Kinda makes your point evaporate into thin air. Apparently you don't know history as well as you think. Perhaps that is the problem, you just don't think.

Next
tony5732

Fri 12 Aug, 2016 10:36 pm
@giujohn,
Meh, same difference. Racist asshole, douche, trash, scum, thug, whatever is clever. He got what was coming.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Fri 12 Aug, 2016 10:38 pm
@glitterbag,
I'll back up Glitterbag. I've too much to say to waste on him.

Glitter, I see you keep feeding saps, which is your right and I get why, but you are keeping them going.

tony5732

Fri 12 Aug, 2016 10:53 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Well that IS awesome! There are American blacks out there doing the same things, making Olympic gold medals, being president of the US, and serving as policeman and armed forces, as well as being neurosurgeons and lawyers and towboaters like me. How much can someone really cry institutional racism when all of the races are in the institution, obviously getting in the same money as all the other races? At what point we say "this is our fault" or "we got it done.", instead of "this is white privilege", or "it's those racist white people" Am I, as a white 30 year old male, just doomed to be the bad guy forever? I seriously had nothing to do with that **** a couple decades ago.
0 Replies

tony5732

Fri 12 Aug, 2016 11:03 pm
@ossobucotemp,
I am perfectly ok with you guys not feeding me. I am here because this hate group happens to hate on me (I'm white) and I WOULD like them to shut up and stop shooting police officers who just happen to be white, or robbing people for the hell of it, or burning my flag stomping on my flag and pissing on it, or even if we could just have less traffic jams. It's all a step forward from here.
glitterbag

Fri 12 Aug, 2016 11:46 pm
@ossobucotemp,
OMG he's thirty. It's worse than I thought. I remember how whip-smart I was at 14, and at 18 but by the time I was thirty I had a 7 year old, 2 cats, a husband a full time job and frail parents to take care of. Eventually we just flat lose our edge. Tony will figure that out the first time an 18 year old calls him grandpa.

Hey, I don't make the rules.....I just know how it works. Good luck Tony.
TheCobbler

Sat 13 Aug, 2016 04:45 am
@tony5732,
Tony, your perspective and attitude is wrong...

NO ONE deserves to without conscience have violence acted upon them, whether if they are WHITE officers (as you say) or black people.

This Black Live Matter thread was started for the sole purpose of balancing the scales so that err, people like you see that blacks have been treated without due process by an inordinate number of your WHITE (racist) police officers.

This police on blacks violence is documented and irrefutable and still you only see your WHITE officers and not the countless dead black people shot and murdered by WHITE officers.

Harassed for minor offences and shot dead!

There is this huge imbalance yet you weirdly think WHITE officers lives matter so much more than black lives... Until you realize that black lives matter too, this BLACK LIVES MATTER thread will have more relevance than ever.

The more you protest balancing the scales and making the system more friendly to blacks, the more stupid you appear.

Of course the lives of police officers matter but not if these police are shooting blacks to get their hateful racist jollies! Then the lives of racist cops become less valuable than the criminals they seek to apprehend!

Whose fault is this? It is the fault of these racist, trigger happy cops and should not be then blamed (as you are doing) on the blacks they are victimizing!

INNOCENT blacks have been victimized by this racist and callused corruption among cops! Good cops may be shot in retaliation. Blame the bad cops for this, not BLACKS!

Racist cops put good cops lives in danger... Be angry at the racist, trigger happy cops.

Got it?
bobsal u1553115

Sat 13 Aug, 2016 04:48 am
@giujohn,
You jackass. "Not imprisoned?" They were freaking imprisoned. All those camps were in isolated places. You jerk.
0 Replies

giujohn

Sat 13 Aug, 2016 04:51 am
@TheCobbler,
Either you're a total idiot and you're arguing just for the sake of argument or you have a severe disability in reading comprehension.
As I stated the reason for the relocation of Japanese was because of an executive order making the West Coast an exclusionary Zone due to the threat of invasion by the Japanese military.
I have no idea why you're citing a 1990 census report when we are discussing 1942 events... So it's impossible for me to comment on your ridiculous point.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sat 13 Aug, 2016 04:55 am

The Average Black Family Would Need 228 Years to Build the Wealth of a White Family Today

Just as past public policies created the racial wealth gap, current policy widens it.

By Joshua HollandTwitter

August 8, 2016

If current economic trends continue, the average black household will need 228 years to accumulate as much wealth as their white counterparts hold today. For the average Latino family, it will take 84 years. Absent significant policy interventions, or a seismic change in the American economy, people of color will never close the gap.

Those are the key findings of a new study of the racial wealth-gap released this week by the Institute for Policy Studies (IPS) and the Corporation For Economic Development (CFED). They looked at trends in household wealth from 1983 to 2013—a 30-year period that captured the rise of Reaganomics, expanded international trade and two major financial crashes fueled by bubbles in the tech sector and housing prices. The authors found that the average wealth of white households increased by 84 percent during those three decades, three times the gains African-American families saw and 1.2 times the rate of growth for Latino families.

To put that in perspective, the wealthiest Americans—members of the Forbes 400 list—saw their net worths increase by 736 percent during that period, on average.

If those trends persist for another 30 years, the average white family’s net worth will grow by $18,000 per year, but black and Hispanic households would only see theirs grow by $750 and $2,250 per year, respectively.

More:
https://www.thenation.com/article/the-average-black-family-would-need-228-years-to-build-the-wealth-of-a-white-family-today/