Lash

Sat 19 Sep, 2015 02:50 pm
@BillRM,
Bill. We've been through this once. Let me try to get an answer from you.

Why does blacks killing blacks mean that it's ok to pretend like cops aren't killing blacks 4X as much as whites?

Those are two problems. One doesn't erase the other. Why pretend it does?
BillRM

Sat 19 Sep, 2015 02:59 pm
@Lash,
LOL murder is murder if it a cop or a gang member however repeat however if I have a tiny numbers of young black men being killed by cops and the majority of those are self defense killings and not murders and one hell of a lot more black young men being gun down by gang members then if I care about black lives my attention would be on gangs not cops or anyone else for that matter.

BLM does not care about black lives or their attentions would be where the far far far greater problem happen to be.

If no cop in the nation would killed a young black man it would not change the fact that young black men are dying by violence at a rate many many times greater then any other track group in society.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Mon 21 Sep, 2015 07:57 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
Why does blacks killing blacks mean that it's ok to pretend like cops aren't killing blacks 4X as much as whites?

It's very straightforward, but highlighting black on black violence without any context BillRM is propagating the idea that blacks are inherently more violent than whites, more like animals than people.

He does the same thing when talking prison statistics.

He's saying that the police are justified in using excessive force against people because they're more animalistic.

That's what racists do, and BillRM is as racist, (and as sexist,) as they come, and he's so stupid he thinks he can print this crap without being found out.
BillRM

Mon 21 Sep, 2015 08:37 am
@izzythepush,
LOL it happen that blacks happen to killed blacks at a must greater rate then any other group and that the greatest danger to a young black male is another young black male not cops or white racists.

That is sadly the facts and pretending it is not is not going to help the black community or the young men for that matter.

When a few thousands young men lives a year is at stake being PC or allowing fools like Izzy to silent the facts for fear of being charge of being a racist is too high a price to pay.

My suggestions would be ending the so call war on drugs as must as possible to dry up the ocean of money going to drug gangs, more not less policing of the poor black areas with the aim of making if far safer for those who need to live in those areas and not funding people like Sharpton and the leaders of BLM but finding people who do have the best interest of the black community at heart.

It a mess that told a few generations to produce and sadly it likely will take a lot of years to correct even when the focus is on the real problems not the cops.

izzythepush

Mon 21 Sep, 2015 08:41 am
@BillRM,
Only a complete waste of space could refer to the deaths of innocents with Lol.

You don't get it, it's very clear what you are. You're not smart enough to carry it off, and your excuses would only be believed by another inbred moron like yourself.
engineer

Mon 21 Sep, 2015 08:47 am
@izzythepush,
This kind of makes the point. The issue isn't who is killing people, the issue is the lack of caring. Black deaths are considered routine, no big deal. White deaths need investigating, understanding, justice. Let's have the same outrage for all deaths.
izzythepush

Mon 21 Sep, 2015 08:49 am
@engineer,
Exactly.
0 Replies

snood

Mon 21 Sep, 2015 08:49 am
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

This kind of makes the point. The issue isn't who is killing people, the issue is the lack of caring. Black deaths are considered routine, no big deal. White deaths need investigating, understanding, justice. Let's have the same outrage for all deaths.

Here here
0 Replies

BillRM

Mon 21 Sep, 2015 08:56 am
@engineer,
So pretending that the problem is racists cops killing blacks and not the drug gangs and such resulting in massive killings of young blacks men is somehow helpful?

Doing your best to blame the one shield that the black communities have from the drug gangs that result is drive by shootings IE the police is somehow helpful?
Lash

Mon 21 Sep, 2015 09:01 am
@engineer,
Agreed. It's why people should be able to say Black Lives Matter without amending it or equivocating.

Speaking of - nice speech by Viola Davis last night at the Emmys - unfortunate tweet by Nancie Grahn, and an interesting racial conversation on Twitter and in the media resulting.

I think these are healthy conversations.
0 Replies

engineer

Mon 21 Sep, 2015 09:02 am
@BillRM,
What is not helpful is simplifying the problem to "racist cops killing blacks". The issue is much more extensive and includes how events are portrayed in the press, by politicians and yes, but police.
snood

Mon 21 Sep, 2015 09:13 am
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

What is not helpful is simplifying the problem to "racist cops killing blacks". The issue is much more extensive and includes how events are portrayed in the press, by politicians and yes, but police.

Of course you're right, that it isn't helpful to oversimplify when something happens - to reduce it to the easiest to digest lowest possible common terms. But, it's also important to be able to say - when it is applicable - that a racist cop appears to have simply murdered a black person.
BillRM

Mon 21 Sep, 2015 11:07 am
@snood,
Quote:
that a racist cop appears to have simply murdered a black person.

What is highly annoying is that it is assumed that there a racist element every time a cop need to end the life of a black person.

An assumption/burden of a misdeed that is not carry at all when the person killed is a white person.

The story that by the evidences was completely false that officer Wilson cheerful gun down Michael Brown when he had his hands up in the air is an example of this.

Let have mass protests and a little rioting before the facts are known. along with threatening the life of the officer and his family.

engineer

Mon 21 Sep, 2015 11:41 am
@BillRM,
But equally annoying is the assumption that the policeman was in the right. Everyone should be very concerned when a policeman pulls a gun on an unarmed citizen and there is A LOT of evidence that this happens much more frequently to black citizens than white citizens. There is a lot of evidence that occasionally, infrequently, police abuse their authority resulting in death. There is scant evidence that they are ever held to account. That should happen regardless of race, but that the abuses are more frequently targeting black citizens deserves our attention.
Finn dAbuzz

Mon 21 Sep, 2015 12:36 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

.... but that the abuses are more frequently targeting black citizens deserves our attention.

And it hasn't gotten it?
Finn dAbuzz

Mon 21 Sep, 2015 12:43 pm
@Lash,
Your opinion as to who is qualified to make a claim and who is not is irrelevant unless you are going to apply it across the board, in which case we should expect to see a lot fewer posts from you. ( I hope not but that's the logical conclusion of your assertion)

I don't doubt you admire the people of Charleston, I take umbrage however that you would suggest my admiration was something akin to petting them on the head. It's a low claim, and I was surprised by it.

Well we obviously disagree about expectations. I expect African-Americans to behave as the civil members of society I know they can be, and in the majority are. Take to the streets protesting? That's A-OK. Rioting? That is totally unacceptable.

0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Mon 21 Sep, 2015 12:44 pm
@Lash,
Geeze when did you join the Communist Party? Wink
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Mon 21 Sep, 2015 12:47 pm
@Lash,
While there likely is an element of racism involved here, there's no point in denying the numbers.

Young black men come into contact with police on a disproportionate basis because they are committing crimes on a disproportionate basis.

If people want to ignore this fact and blame it all on racist cops that's fine but they will never be part of the solution.
engineer

Mon 21 Sep, 2015 12:48 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
No it hasn't. It has been going on a long time and without video proof, complaints are ignored. The officer to took James Blake to the ground had several complaints against him but he is still out there tackling tennis stars without even announcing himself as police. The current protestors know that the second they stop complaining it will be back to business as usual unless they can convince the majority that there is a problem.
Finn dAbuzz

Mon 21 Sep, 2015 01:06 pm
@engineer,
Well, I suppose if you expect immediate rectification of any and all issues, you're right. That's not the way the world works.

I'm all for continuing to keep the issue in the public eye via non-violent means. For those people for whom this is a crucial concern amongst the myriad of daily crucial concerns, they should have at it, repeatedly.

Impatience and frustration may incline such people to violence but irrespective of any moral concern it's a stupid and self-defeating tactic.

Whatever changes are needed are not going to be forced on society by virtue of pistols and fire bombs.
0 Replies