izzythepush

Mon 1 Aug, 2016 06:13 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Gooey and his lot have been getting away with this crap for so long they think they're allowed to murder black people. They probably see it as one of the perks of the job. That and making prostitutes give out freebies.
bobsal u1553115

Mon 1 Aug, 2016 06:44 am
@izzythepush,
They certainly have no shame about it.
0 Replies

revelette2

Mon 1 Aug, 2016 07:32 am
@giujohn,
The mental patient was clearly going to shoot himself, the therapist was trying to help him. There was absolutely no need to shoot anyone. The police should have been trying to keep the mental patient from killing himself not shooting at him. There is just something wrong with some cops today and I would hate to have to be in front of you. I am hard of hearing, I probably won't hear the instructions and you will blow my head off for not obeying quick enough and then the justice system will allow you get off. But wait, I am a white grandmother, you might give me the benefit of the doubt before shooting.
giujohn

Mon 1 Aug, 2016 08:03 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

He shot an unarmed man who had his hands in the air. Of course he's a racist, and that's why racists like you support him.

Yeah that's what I thought you'd say and of course we all know that you're in everybody's mind too bad you're out of your own.
giujohn

Mon 1 Aug, 2016 08:10 am
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:

The mental patient was clearly going to shoot himself, the therapist was trying to help him. There was absolutely no need to shoot anyone. The police should have been trying to keep the mental patient from killing himself not shooting at him. There is just something wrong with some cops today and I would hate to have to be in front of you. I am hard of hearing, I probably won't hear the instructions and you will blow my head off for not obeying quick enough and then the justice system will allow you get off. But wait, I am a white grandmother, you might give me the benefit of the doubt before shooting.

Here's the problem with your scenario... you're assuming that the police officer knew that he was dealing with a mental patient... How was he supposed to know that was he wearing a t-shirt saying I'm a mental patient? If the police officer thought he was dealing with somebody who was suicidal is he supposed to assume that the only one that would ever be threatened in that situation is the person himself... He's supposed to believe that murder suicides never occur that people who are contemplating suicide are in their right mind and would never think of killing anyone else... you people have no concept of what happens in a crisis situation your Monday morning quarterbacking lacks critical thinking first hand knowledge and experience and is given with absolutely no evidence to back it up. Everything about this incident says that it's nothing more than a tragic accident unless somebody here has absolute proof that this officer got up that morning and decided to kill the first black man that he encountered and then unfortunately missed otherwise you're all full of crap.
izzythepush

Mon 1 Aug, 2016 08:33 am
@giujohn,
That's a bloody awful sentence. You should try proof reading. Not shooting unarmed civilians with their hands in the air is the basis of civilised policing/warfare. I can't think of one good reason why he did it. He's either a racist, not remotely fit for the job or both.

There is precedent, the brave woman who streamed the cop who killed her partner was talking calmly and deliberately and was not at all threatening. The killer cop on the other hand was **** scared. He had the gun and had killed but he was still pissing himself.

How can such a coward be given a job as a police officer? It's scandalous.
giujohn

Mon 1 Aug, 2016 08:38 am
@izzythepush,
Of course you can't think of one good reason why he fired the gun...that's because you're not reasonable... additionally evidence by the fact that you're citing the shooting and a video that never showed the shooting... Your arguments get more pathetic as you go.
izzythepush

Mon 1 Aug, 2016 08:40 am
@giujohn,
I'm very reasonable, I'm not an apologist for a racist. There's a big difference. Three shots fired at an unarmed man with his hands in the air.
giujohn

Mon 1 Aug, 2016 08:51 am
@izzythepush,
And once again your proof that he is a racist is...?
izzythepush

Mon 1 Aug, 2016 08:54 am
@giujohn,
My eyes. I did say he could be an incompetent coward, but he's probably both.
giujohn

Mon 1 Aug, 2016 09:00 am
@izzythepush,
Yes of course you're the only one that doesn't make mistakes... But then again you don't have to make split-second life-and-death decisions do you? ( and we're very thankful for that)
revelette2

Mon 1 Aug, 2016 09:17 am
@giujohn,
You are the one full of crap. Even the woman who called 911 could tell the man was a mental patient. The therapist on the ground was telling the officer on the ground not to shoot, he was explaining the situation, there was no reason to shoot.
giujohn

Mon 1 Aug, 2016 09:29 am
@revelette2,
And of course you were there so you absolutely know why the shots were fired... Right?
cicerone imposter

Mon 1 Aug, 2016 10:05 am
@giujohn,
And you're claiming you were there? LOL
The facts are out there. Read.
giujohn

Mon 1 Aug, 2016 11:07 am
@cicerone imposter,
Really? Other than the bullshit opinions of the uniformed in here direct me to the official report on line or anywhere else.
revelette2

Mon 1 Aug, 2016 11:49 am
@giujohn,
I am not sure official police reports are released to the press.
cicerone imposter

Mon 1 Aug, 2016 01:40 pm
@revelette2,
Here's one city's police reports and their policy on release.
https://cspd.coloradosprings.gov/content/records-release-0
0 Replies

izzythepush

Mon 1 Aug, 2016 02:03 pm
@giujohn,
Split second, such as should I shoot the guy with his hands up?

It's not a difficult call to make.
ossobucotemp

Mon 1 Aug, 2016 02:37 pm
@izzythepush,
Maybe there are fear studies. I've no idea.

I've no idea, and I do agree fear is one reasonable (of many) takes but it seems very pumped up lately.

My husband and family when he was a teen dealt with home invasion in south Los Angeles, so I am not just blabbering. The rifle in the closet was not available.

Their mother, very crippled from arthritis and probably dismissed and known in the area, went out the front door and screamed, at some point.
giujohn

Mon 1 Aug, 2016 02:45 pm
@izzythepush,
You obviously have never been in a crisis situation a life-and-death situation with your finger on the trigger... So until you are your opinion it's like a rectum and we all know what that's full of.