TheCobbler

Mon 1 Aug, 2016 02:50 pm
NRA President Jim Porter: “It’s Only A Matter Of Time Before We Can Own Colored People Again”
http://www.freewoodpost.com/2013/05/05/nra-president-jim-porter-its-only-a-matter-of-time-before-we-can-own-colored-people-again/
revelette2

Mon 1 Aug, 2016 02:54 pm
@giujohn,
Rather like the little boy who called "wolf" too many times, the excuse of "split second decision" has been used for every situation involving police and shooting unarmed black men or women. I don't doubt those situations arise, but there are too many instances of unarmed black men being gunned down by the police. Something needs to be done. Luckily, there are enough people who finally recognize it and perhaps state and local police can be reformed and the justice system as well.
Baldimo

Mon 1 Aug, 2016 02:56 pm
@TheCobbler,
I guess you don't know a fake news site when you find it. Any other anti-gunner BS you want to talk about? Satire as fact...

http://www.snopes.com/politics/satire/jimporter.asp
cicerone imposter

Mon 1 Aug, 2016 03:05 pm
@revelette2,
I also believe the justice system will improve for Blacks.
0 Replies

giujohn

Mon 1 Aug, 2016 03:08 pm
@revelette2,
It's unfortunate that you use such definitive terms which makes it apparent that your response is more emotional than it is reasonable... that is why I will not use the word every as you did. I can say that in the majority of these situations if the person had not resisted and escalated the amount of force they would probably still be alive today.
And how do you think that the justice system is going to be reformed?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Mon 1 Aug, 2016 03:10 pm
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Mon 1 Aug, 2016 03:27 pm
LI car dealership manager accused of aiming gun at employee, asking ‘does this look familiar’
http://pix11.com/2016/07/29/li-car-dealership-manager-accused-aiming-gun-at-employee-asking-does-this-look-familiar/

Does this look familiar? How utterly racist!!!!

This is a hate crime! The charges need to reflect the crime!
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Mon 1 Aug, 2016 04:48 pm
@giujohn,
Quote:
You got that right.

Do you see a trend when it comes to voting people down?

If you think black lives matter share this trend.
reasoning logic

Mon 1 Aug, 2016 05:42 pm
@reasoning logic,
I knew of Nina turner before I knew of Jill Stein, I love Nina Turner. She cares about everyone.

oralloy

Mon 1 Aug, 2016 06:36 pm
@vikorr,
Quote:
NYPD Cops Fire 84 Shots At Murder Suspect, Miss 83 Times

The NYPD saddles their cops with guns that are nearly impossible to aim. Too many liberals in charge of the place.
giujohn

Mon 1 Aug, 2016 07:03 pm
@oralloy,
vikorr wrote:

Quote:
NYPD Cops Fire 84 Shots At Murder Suspect, Miss 83 Times

The NYPD saddles their cops with guns that are nearly impossible to aim. Too many liberals in charge of the place.

Well in fact it's not that the guns they have are difficult to aim the problem is twofold. The first problem is that with as many officers as they have on the department each officer is lucky to qualify once a year. The second problem is because historically officers in NYPD used to always carry revolvers which had a double action trigger pull of approximately 12 pounds when they went to semi-automatic pistols they insisted that those handguns
still retain a 12 pound trigger pull. And unless you are very very well trained a 12 pound trigger pull is not conducive to effective accuracy. Also because most NYPD officers grow up and York City they are not gun people... Most of them their first exposure to any gun is during their initial training.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Mon 1 Aug, 2016 07:13 pm
@reasoning logic,
Sanders supporter rejects offer to join Green Party ticket
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/governor-races/290063-sanders-supporter-rejects-offer-to-join-green-party-ticket

Apparently Nina does not care too much for Jill...
reasoning logic

Mon 1 Aug, 2016 07:19 pm
@TheCobbler,
Lets hope that she will reconsider and that her love ones have not been used as a threat to persuade her.
reasoning logic

Mon 1 Aug, 2016 07:22 pm
@TheCobbler,
Quote:
Apparently Nina does not care too much for Jill...

Do you see where this would be normal ideology for Nina?
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Tue 2 Aug, 2016 12:10 am
Republicans In GA Send Police To Black Residents’ Homes With Subpoenas To Challenge Voting Rights
http://newcenturytimes.com/2016/08/01/republicans-in-ga-send-police-to-black-residents-homes-with-subpoenas-to-challenge-voting-rights/
TheCobbler

Tue 2 Aug, 2016 12:11 am
@reasoning logic,
A vote for Jill is a vote for Trump.

If you can't figure that out... Together we stand divided we fall.

Jill is an agent of Putin along with Trump.

Same with Assange and Snowden.

Now you all know why I have "never" liked Snowden. Snowden ran back home after being exposed. Snowden thought he could turn the public against our government. Jill and her anti-vaccine movement is the same thing to build mistrust.

I am a patriot.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Tue 2 Aug, 2016 12:33 am
@Baldimo,
Parody often parallels the ugly truth.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Tue 2 Aug, 2016 02:47 am
@ossobucotemp,
The fear your husband felt was justified. The fear of an armed police officer threatening an unarmed black woman after he'd just killed her unarmed partner is something else entirely.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Tue 2 Aug, 2016 11:58 am
@TheCobbler,
A Georgia town is sending police to black residents’ homes to challenge their voting rights
https://www.rawstory.com/2016/08/a-georgia-town-is-sending-police-to-black-residents-homes-to-challenge-their-voting-rights/

Brad Reed
01 Aug 2016 at 09:21 ET

Jim Crow laws have been off the books for years, but that hasn’t stopped individual states and cities from coming up with new ways to depress minority voter turnout.

Last week, for instance, a U.S. appeals court struck down a North Carolina voter ID law that it said was specifically designed to lower turnout among black voters. And now the New York Times is reporting that a town in Georgia is using its police department to challenge the rights of its black residents to vote.

Specifically, the Times reports that the Hancock County Board of Elections and Registration has been “systematically questioning the registrations of more than 180” black residents in Sparta, Georgia “by dispatching deputies with summonses commanding them to appear in person to prove their residence or lose their voting rights.”

The 180 black residents make up roughly one fifth of Sparta’s total registered voters, the Times notes.

A new lawsuit is alleging that the Hancock County Board of Elections enacted this policy to help white candidates win more elections in Sparta, although county attorney Barry Fleming told the Times that the board’s policies have nothing to do with race.

“The allegations that people were denied the right to vote are the opposite of the truth,” said Fleming, who claimed these policies were meant to restore order to the voting process after a period of supposed corruption. “This is probably more about politics and power than race.”

Even if only a small portion of people who were targeted in the probe were purged from the voter rolls, the mere fact that police officers were coming to residents’ homes to challenge their voting rights could still suppress turnout.

“A lot of those people that was challenged probably didn’t vote, even though they weren’t proven to be wrong,” Marion Warren, a Sparta elections official, told the Times. “People just do not understand why a sheriff is coming to their house to bring them a subpoena, especially if they haven’t committed any crime.”

Comment:
Open up! It is the POLICE!

Before you all vote a post down because the page does not work maybe try googling it first. The page worked when I read it.

0 Replies

reasoning logic

Tue 2 Aug, 2016 06:29 pm
when you think about how much black lives matter do you ever think about these 2 men?

0 Replies