TheCobbler

Thu 17 Sep, 2015 10:59 pm
@snood,
I am concerned less about the few black men voting republican than the many brainless white men (and a few women) doing so. Smile
snood

Fri 18 Sep, 2015 06:42 am
@TheCobbler,
TheCobbler wrote:

I am concerned less about the few black men voting republican than the many brainless white men (and a few women) doing so. Smile

I hear ya. But it's not those few confused blacks who vote republican that concern me. It's the few black token "leaders" they trot out to obfuscate and lie.
McGentrix

Fri 18 Sep, 2015 06:57 am
@snood,
snood wrote:

TheCobbler wrote:

I hear ya. But it's not those few confused blacks who vote republican that concern me. It's the few black token "leaders" they trot out to obfuscate and lie.

Are you suggesting that black people are incapable of thinking for themselves and should only follow the herd? That seems racist to me Snood. Why do you hate blacks so much?
snood

Fri 18 Sep, 2015 07:15 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

snood wrote:

TheCobbler wrote:

Are you suggesting that black people are incapable of thinking for themselves and should only follow the herd? That seems racist to me Snood. Why do you hate blacks so much?

Ya, I was really, really trying to keep at least one of you batshit racist weirdos (hawkeye, baldimo, foofie, billrm...) off of ignore - just so I could get a representative comment of what **** for brains had to say about any given subject. But you have proven to be consistently puerile and inane, and therefore useless for any purpose of advancing a discussion. Welcome to my ignore you piece of ****.
ossobuco

Fri 18 Sep, 2015 07:30 am
@snood,
I don't know but I think McGentrix may have been "tongue in cheek" on that comment. He has been quite strong recently against all the instances of blacks being mistreated by cops.

Which reminds me, I think you missread what Glitterbag said a day or two ago. I'm more sure of that one, that you took her point wrong. She was agreeing with you and being pro Rather and not a fan of more recent "journalists".
BillRM

Fri 18 Sep, 2015 08:04 am
@ossobuco,
Quote:
I don't know but I think McGentrix may have been "tongue in cheek" on that comment. He has been quite strong recently against all the instances of blacks being mistreated by cops.

LOL some of you are so blind and unwilling to read disagreeing views that you can not even read the postings of some of you supporters correctly.

In any case, it too bad that no one care about black hoodlums mistreating both other blacks and attacking the police. Only getting upset when a police officer is able to save his own life from an attack of a black hoodlum such as officer Wilson.
0 Replies

snood

Fri 18 Sep, 2015 08:10 am
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

I don't know but I think McGentrix may have been "tongue in cheek" on that comment.

No, you don't know. I'm aware of his recent magnanimity on the subject of police brutality, but I'm pretty sure he wanted to poke me about my opposition to black republicans.

and I apologized to Glitterbag.

Being the referee and friend of all ever get fatiguing?
BillRM

Fri 18 Sep, 2015 08:18 am
@snood,
Being a bigot toward any viewpoint that you disagree with and a hater toward anyone who dare to express those viewpoints must be hard work indeed.

Turning a large percent of the human race that happen not to have a 100 percent agreement with you into your enemies.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Fri 18 Sep, 2015 08:24 am
@snood,
I apologize for not putting that post in a pm.

I didn't know that I have a referee image, huh, I bet that's true. I do admit regret for sometimes tending to scold on threads, like a hall monitor in school. I wasn't even a hall monitor back in school, a shy girl. I aggravate myself too, doing that.

0 Replies

izzythepush

Fri 18 Sep, 2015 08:27 am
@snood,
snood wrote:
No, you don't know. I'm aware of his recent magnanimity on the subject of police brutality, but I'm pretty sure he wanted to poke me about my opposition to black republicans.

I think you're spot on.
Miller

Fri 18 Sep, 2015 10:10 am
Is the issue opportunity?

A recent statistical study has demonstrated that black college ( 4 year colleges) graduates earn on average less than white high school graduates.Why?

I think that if black physicians, black dentists, black pharmacists and black lawyers were to be evaluated, you'd find that their salaries are very similar to those of white professionals employed in the same fields.

But what about the education that one needs prior to admission to a professional school (law, medicine, dentistry,pharmacy)? If the black kids attend an inferior grade school, high school and even undergraduate college,
their changes of become a high-end professional graduating from a law school, dental school , or even medical school is greatly diminished.

Some black kids, one- in- particular, the former Gov of Massachusettes (native of Chicago), was lucky enough to attend prep-school In New England, over come deficiencies in his Chicag0- based education and as a result ended upgraduating from Harvard University, and Harvard Law.

Mrs Obama, another native of Chicago ( SouthSide Surprised Very Happy ) chose to attend
a Chicago Charter School, instead of her local high school, thus receiving a far better pre-college education, that permitted her to attend a high-end College and of course, Harvard Law.

There is opportunity for black kids. What is needed are good teachers in the early stages of a kid's education, and a willingness on the part of these teachers to guide young kids to scholastic oppurtunities that are waiting for them.

It may be a tough road, but it can be done.

Dr. Carson certainly did it, and as we all know, it was Dr. Carson's mother who provided the stimuli for Dr. Carson and his brother ( later a dentist ) to excel in school work and in life as a humble and good person.

0 Replies

Foofie

Fri 18 Sep, 2015 10:49 am
@snood,
snood wrote:

I heard a quote from an older black man a while back. I think it was the father of J.C.Watts, a once prominent black republican. The quote was "A black man voting republican is about like a chicken voting for Colonel Sanders." I thought - that about says it.

Considering that Colonel Sanders exploits chickens for his benefit, how have Republicans exploited Blacks for their benefit? Personally, in my opinion, it just might be that the Democratic Party is exploiting the Black vote for its benefit. Blacks help get Democrats elected, and the Democratic party maintains it being in power. Blacks get a few crumbs for their loyalty. Not even the proverbial "chicken in every pot."

A more honest analogy might be the old joke of an older man going to his doctor and was told that at his age he should get a prostate massage. After the massage the doctor asked how the patient felt. "Fine," said the patient, "But tell me doctor, who had both hands on my shoulders?"

0 Replies

ossobuco

Fri 18 Sep, 2015 11:00 am
@izzythepush,
I see the point now too.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Fri 18 Sep, 2015 11:23 am
@snood,
I'm a racist now? You guys are a ******* joke. I guess being married to a black woman for almost 20 years proves I'm a racist? Do you think I divorced her because of her skin color?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Fri 18 Sep, 2015 12:10 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

ossobuco wrote:

I don't know but I think McGentrix may have been "tongue in cheek" on that comment.

It is a common internet trope what I said. It was tongue in cheek and yes I was attempting to poke you because you tend to be a rather large asshole most of the time.

You seem to think that any black that has conservative leanings must have something wrong with them. I am not sure why that is.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Fri 18 Sep, 2015 03:44 pm
@Lash,
First, whether or not individuals have sympathy for fathers who murder or rape their children, or even find the act to be righteous, it's illegal. Society cannot and does not in the main condone vigilante justice. We could pass laws that legalized murder in these cases, but we haven't and we won't.

As for how crimals who are I jail because they broke society's rules, it's immaterial.

Second, I'm not qualified to make statements about African Americans, but you are? Please. I do have an idea of what it's like to wake up a black person. Do I know precisely what's like? Of course not, but the same can be said about women, Asian, gays, armed service members, teachers, congressmen, the president, etc etc etc. if that is a prerequisite for commenting here, I expect to see your posts to number far less than they have in the past.

Third, I'm more optimistic than you thanks in large measure to the good people of Charleston.

Fourth. Of course they're not a monolithic group, which is something you seem to be
suggesting.

If you don't want to question the response, then don't, but I am and I feel entirely entitled to. These people are my fellow citizens. If rioting should break out in Dallas, for any reason, and me and mine are harmed by it, you can bet your ass I will be not only questioning the response, I will be demanding justice. The great irony is that with all of these riots, it's black Americans that have suffered, but I'm no less outraged that they did suffer than I would be if they were white.

Fifth. Who the hell is "petting Charleston?" Are you seriously suggesting that my expressed admiration is something akin to "Now look at how those coloreds in Charleston behaved. Ain't they good darkies?" I sense that you don't admire them for their restraint and civility.

Sixth. They did stand up to it and they did so non-violently and it worked. You are using a very deliberately non-violent response to somehow justify a violent one.

Seventh. Institutionalized racism is far less a force than it has been in very recent history, but I don't blame blacks for not being patient that it has not been entirely eliminated. They should try and do something about it, and they have an excellent model to follow that was proven successful. It was a non-violent response, not rioting.

Eighth. Again, I don't blame anyone for not being patient and see no problem at all with taking to the streets in non-violent protest. If your so damned empathetic why aren't you out in the streets with them?

Violence is never going to solve this problem unless they are prepared and capable to stage a full out revolution, but that is obviously absurd. I also don't have the sort of forgiveness in my heart for people who riot and destroy their own communities; especially if their reason is based on a lie.

If blacks feel like they have been left behind in America then they really should examine what the political party that they have overwhelmingly supported has done for them. It's utter BS for a Democrat politician to argue that they would have done much for blacks if it wasn't for those terrible Republicans. Blacks who believe this are chumps. They've allowed the Democrats to take them for granted. Put their votes in question and watch both parties vie for them.

Finn dAbuzz

Fri 18 Sep, 2015 03:47 pm
@ossobuco,
Thank you.

There are not enough people in this country like Lash who are willing to excuse a violent response.

Forget about whether or not it is justified, it will never ever work and if it escalates it will result in a backlash.

Where are the black leaders who understand this?
Finn dAbuzz

Fri 18 Sep, 2015 03:50 pm
@Miller,
I am white, but this is meaningless unless we are going to insist that blacks can't comment on white people's actions, gays can't comment on straight people's actions etc etc.

It's a feeble argument that is disappointing coming from Lash who normally doesn't resort to such specious debating tactics.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Fri 18 Sep, 2015 05:06 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
There was at least one major black leader that did, Martin.

As I said, I understand the anger, the genesis of it. I could go on about that.
I said I didn't like rioting as a tactic, but I don't think that - on the most part - it is a tactic, so I misspoke. I take it as natural angry reaction that finally explodes. In some cases, there is opportunism re looting, but that's not the top reason for something like '92 in LA. Police again, already back then, with Rodney King's arresting arrest, in, if I remember, later '91. I think there were calming people in the community in LA after the conflagration started, and maybe before, but I don't remember who and when; my ex might, and might remember names.

If I remember at the time, I'll ask him next time we talk.
BillRM

Fri 18 Sep, 2015 05:19 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
I take it as natural angry reaction that finally explodes. In some cases, there is opportunism re looting,

Yes sure it a nature outcome of angry and not driven by the likes of Al Sharpton working up crowds with chats of no justice no peace over decades of time and untold gallons of human blood both blacks and others.

In the case of good old Al a lot of Jewish blood in New York City.

Opportunism looting an interesting term to cover the burning and the looting of many city blocks full of businesses time after time also over decades of time.

Hell the center of poor Detroit to this very day still look like a ww2 scene from the opportunism looting of the 1960s.
0 Replies