Lilkanyon

Sat 21 May, 2016 03:55 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

Quote:
That Trump got this far explodes my mind. I no longer know what to believe. Or how ignorant and unintrested our country has become in their own destiny.

I agree with you here and I am sad to think I may be correct about our society having serious problems pertaining to social behavior.

If blue tooth tampons can be thought to be a good idea by some people I guess that a Trump presidency would make sense to many people as well

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El6jlFuqNJI[/youtube]

Actually I was less moved by the stupidity of bluetooth tampons, then I was about some moron thinking he did a good thing snagging up a bison calf. The tampon thing is totally laughable for me as a woman. Ive seen the technology of mentruation change dramatically over my years but never was it put into the hands of technology as if we are incapable of contolling our own biological functions. Whats next? An app that tells us when we need to piss?
reasoning logic

Sat 21 May, 2016 08:01 pm
@Lilkanyon,
Quote:
Whats next? An app that tells us when we need to piss?

No next will be a true revolution of values. It will be led by a student of Martin Luther King. This students name is Bernard Sanders.

His
Lilkanyon

Sat 21 May, 2016 08:06 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

Quote:
Whats next? An app that tells us when we need to piss?

No next will be a true revolution of values. It will be led by a student of Martin Luther King. This students name is Bernard Sanders.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_aS-0MoWHY[/youtube] His

Cuz he has captured the Black vote right? Not!
reasoning logic

Sat 21 May, 2016 08:15 pm
@Lilkanyon,
Quote:
Cuz he has captured the Black vote right? Not!

Do you think that it may be a possibility that the majority of black people are slow learners like me but they too will eventually understand?

Reality is hard for many of us to grasp at times.
How long do you think this line is to hear Bernie speak? 1 mile?

I am to old to wait in lines that long.

0 Replies

reasoning logic

Sat 21 May, 2016 08:44 pm
Do you think it is ok for this young black man to share what he thinks are facts?

Builder

Sat 21 May, 2016 08:46 pm
@reasoning logic,
It's almost an hour long.

Can you paraphrase what he's trying to say, please?
reasoning logic

Sat 21 May, 2016 08:54 pm
@Builder,
Quote:
Can you paraphrase what he's trying to say, please?

He is summarizing the importants of black voters to listen and study for themselves and not take the lazy road of other people's paraphrases of what is wrong or right with society.
Builder

Sat 21 May, 2016 09:03 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
....to listen and study for themselves and not take the lazy road of other people's paraphrases of what is wrong or right with society.

Good point. Most are too lazy/busy/otherwise sidetracked to bother. Sad, really.
reasoning logic

Sat 21 May, 2016 09:13 pm
@Builder,
Quote:
Good point. Most are too lazy/busy/otherwise sidetracked to bother. Sad, really.

I was just like them not long ago.
Builder

Sat 21 May, 2016 09:31 pm
@reasoning logic,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_aS-0MoWHY
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sat 21 May, 2016 11:38 pm
@Builder,
No he can't. He doesn't have the necessary skill set to do that. Why else do you think he wants you to watch the video and explain things to him?
Builder

Sat 21 May, 2016 11:49 pm
@izzythepush,
Izzy, if a short video can concisely explain my point/s, I'm not averse to using that avenue, and I don't at all feel lazy for doing so. We're not in the 1900's here.
izzythepush

Sun 22 May, 2016 02:02 am
@Builder,
It's not one short video, it's hundreds of the damn things, posted with no sense of reason or understanding. Once you watch one he'll expect you to watch the rest, and some are so ridiculous they can be dismissed out of hand. He can't see that and expects you to explain why they're ridiculous.

He thinks David Icke is a legitimate source, the self claimed son of God who says the Queen is a shape shifting lizard and predicated that Cuba would do an Atlantis and sink beneath the waves before the end of the last millennium.

Builder

Sun 22 May, 2016 02:12 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
He thinks David Icke is a legitimate source

Oh, Geebus. Why didn't I see that earlier?
izzythepush

Sun 22 May, 2016 02:20 am
@Builder,
You don't, I didn't at first. It took a while. What did it for me was a video of some woman who clearly had mental health issues standing outside her local tax office claiming that America was still secretly part of the British Empire.

That went on for 45 minutes. After that I refused to watch any more but offered to comment if he could summarise the points made. He tried to get me to watch an Icke video, not even knowing who Icke was, when I told him to summarise his response was "Just watch the video." Even when I told him who Icke was his fervour for Icke's videos was not diminished.
bobsal u1553115

Sun 22 May, 2016 07:39 am
Black man killed for trying to use whites-only bathroom in Alabama in 1966

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.2645285.1463867342!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/article_1200/justice22n-3-web.jpg

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.2645283.1463867341!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/article_1200/u1501294-jpg.jpg

BY DAVID J. KRAJICEK
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Saturday, May 21, 2016, 9:00 PM
Sammy Younge Jr. needed to pee.

But Younge was black, so fulfilling this routine bodily function could be complicated business 50 years ago in a place like Tuskegee, Ala., where the white minority clung like dying ivy to Jim Crow punctilios.

Marvin Segrest, a 67-year-old white man, stood between Younge and a toilet.

Segrest was night attendant at a gas station adjacent to the bus depot in Tuskegee. Younge, 21, was a freshman at Tuskegee Institute.

The student and the pump jockey crossed swords when Younge tried to use the station’s whites-only bathroom an hour before midnight on Jan. 3, 1966.

Segrest said Younge began “cussing and raising hell” when he turned him away.

So Segrest reached for his gun.

Tuskegee is the seat of Macon County, whose politics were an emblem of the success of black-voter suppression in the South. A white power structure dominated there into the mid-’60s, even though blacks outnumbered whites five to one.

Sammy Younge Jr. was working to change that.
Not Released (NR) Younge was shot outside the Standard Oil station in Tuskegee, Ala. A dotted line drawn on the photograph shows where he walked to the Gulf sign and died. Marvin Segrest, a 69-year-old white man, was arrested on a murder charge. The shooting set off demonstrations by African-American students. (Bettmann/Bettmann Archive)

He grew up in a middle-class household in Tuskegee. His father was an occupational therapist, his mother a teacher. His parents sent him to Cornwall Academy, a Massachusetts prep school, but he returned to Alabama to finish high school in Tuskegee, graduating in 1962.

He enlisted in the Navy, then enrolled at prestigious Tuskegee Institute following a medical discharge in 1964 after losing a kidney. Inspired by the Selma-to-Montgomery civil rights march in 1965, Younge helped lead a voter-registration campaign in Macon County, due west of Alabama’s capital city.

Younge became a protégé of James Forman, national leader of the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee. Forman later said Younge’s determination in registering black voters made him a target in Tuskegee.

The key witness to events at the gas station 50 years ago was a white bus driver who was idling his rig at the depot next door.

He heard two men arguing and watched as Younge took a golf club from a bus luggage rack. Marvin Segrest later said he mistook the club for a gun.

He leveled his .38 revolver on the young man from about 80 feet away and fired a shot. Segrest said he aimed at his feet “to bluff him.”

The bus driver said Younge turned and ran. He heard a second shot after Younge was out of sight.

An hour later, a friend of Segrest visited the police station to report that the attendant had “fired twice at somebody but didn’t think he hit them.”
Page One of the Southern Courier, Jan. 8-9, 1966. Page One of the Southern Courier, Jan. 8-9, 1966. (the southern courier)

Cops ambled over and found Younge lying dead, still clutching the golf club. He had been shot in the back of the head.

Harvey Sadler, the white Macon County sheriff, framed the case as a “dispute,” not “one of these civil rights cases.”

He added, “There is also a report that they were arguing over whether Younge could use the rest room in the filling station, but we haven’t been able to check this out.”

Asked by reporters whether Segrest had confessed, Sadler said he had been “too busy on the angles of the case” to speak to the presumed killer.

Segrest was arrested and indicted for second-degree murder only after Tuskegee students demonstrated on the town square, whose centerpiece is a Confederate memorial.

His attorney petitioned to move the trial to adjacent Lee County, which happened to be overwhelmingly white. Judge L.J. Tyner approved the change of venue, and an all-white male jury was impaneled for the trial in Opelika in December 1966.

The brief proceedings included three hours of testimony by Segrest, who raged with a frothy indignation.

Segrest said Younge told him, “The sooner you goddamn white folks know I don’t go to the back (bathroom), the better it will be for you.”
343 COPYNEG Students of the Tuskegee Institute march past the Macon County courthouse in Tuskegee, Ala., protesting the fatal shooting of a fellow student, Samuel Younge Jr. (AP)

He peered at the jury and added, “I believe you gentlemen will believe me.”

The defense attorney called the shooting “an unfortunate accident” that hinged on the golf club as a potential weapon. But prosecutor Tom Young noted that 80 feet separated the men.

“I’ve never seen any kind of golf stick that has the range of a .38 pistol,” Young said.

Segrest’s white peers took just 70 minutes to acquit him.

Tuskegee students rampaged through downtown, breaking windows. They painted black the face of the Confederate soldier on the town square and added a yellow streak down his back.

The case proved to be a crossing of the Rubicon for local white power. The first black sheriff in modern Alabama took office in Macon County weeks after the Segrest trial, and elective offices were soon dominated by African-Americans.

Mab Segrest, a Tuskegee native, lesbian feminist writer and shirttail kin of Marvin Segrest, said echoes of the Younge slaying reverberate today.

“The current conflicts over bathroom access for transgender people replicate struggles over bathrooms segregated for white and black people during Jim Crow,” Segrest, author of “Memoir of a Race Traitor,” told the Justice Story. “Both assume a rigid binary system — black or white, male or female, no continuum or complexity.”

She added, “What we learn from Jim Crow bathroom rules was how power operates to control us at the most intimate levels … It was never about the rest rooms. It was about the power and control.”
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/black-man-killed-bathroom-alabama-1966-article-1.2645287
0 Replies

ossobuco

Sun 22 May, 2016 07:47 am
@izzythepush,
Yet people keep quoting him. Very annoying since if I wanted to see what he or she wrote, I could click on the little bluegreen letters at the left top of the responder's reply and see the pertinent post, but no, I get shown quote after quote.
reasoning logic

Sun 22 May, 2016 09:10 am
@ossobuco,
You have to love Izzie's responses all the time.

He is a closet supporter of David Icke
izzythepush

Sun 22 May, 2016 01:04 pm
@ossobuco,
I don't.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Sun 22 May, 2016 06:28 pm
This is from a black person trying to get other black people to wake up and see the problems and the answers to the problems of black lives.

0 Replies