revelette2

Tue 17 May, 2016 07:38 am
@bobsal u1553115,
What in the world is wrong with these cops, can't do anything without being brutal and brutish anymore? I know there will be some who come along saying she deserved to be beaten and chocked for riding through a parking lot.
TheCobbler

Tue 17 May, 2016 05:01 pm
@glitterbag,
One Bobsal is worth at least ten of those GOP loving idiots. Smile
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Tue 17 May, 2016 05:18 pm
Police Reveal Trump Told Them To Kick Black People Out of Rally
http://countercurrentnews.com/2016/03/police-reveal-trump-told-them-to-kick-black-people-out-of-rally/
reasoning logic

Tue 17 May, 2016 05:37 pm
@TheCobbler,
I thought that Trump was OK with what he thought was house Negros, so I am confused why he would like Ben Carson and not others who disagree with his ideology.
bobsal u1553115

Tue 17 May, 2016 10:30 pm
@revelette2,
They have an "us vs them" attitude: they marginalize the them and ignore the bad actions of the us.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Tue 17 May, 2016 10:34 pm
@reasoning logic,
Every racist who is trying to deny his racism will point to an acquaintance that is black so as to be able to deny being racist. Its called the "But some of my best friends are black" gambit.

Besides, Dr Carlson has some sort of position on team Trump.
RABEL222

Tue 17 May, 2016 10:56 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Well you cant accuse me of being racist. Some of my best friends are Italians.
bobsal u1553115

Tue 17 May, 2016 11:23 pm
@RABEL222,
The full gambit line goes (from the early sixties): "Some of my best friends are colored, but I wouldn't want my daughter to marry one."

Ah. The bad old days.

Some of my best Italians are friends.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Tue 17 May, 2016 11:36 pm
Texas man's murder conviction dropped; released after 19 years
Source: Reuters

Texas man's murder conviction dropped; released after 19 years
By Jon Herskovitz
May 17, 2016

AUSTIN, Texas (Reuters) - A Texas man jailed for about 19 years on a murder conviction was freed from prison on Tuesday after compelling evidence came to light indicating that he did not commit the crime, officials said.

"I feel blessed," John Nolley, 42, told reporters after hugging his family and leaving a courtroom. A judge in Tarrant County released him on bond and vacated his conviction for the 1996 murder of Sharon McLane, who was found stabbed to death in her home.

He was freed with the help of the advocacy group Innocence Project, which pointed out problems with his prosecution to the Conviction Integrity Unit of the Tarrant County District Attorney.

The group raised questions over the reliability of state witnesses, the improper withholding of evidence and physical evidence improperly used to link Nolley to the crime.

Read more: https://www.yahoo.com/news/texas-mans-murder-conviction-dropped-released-19-years-192831177.html?nhp=1
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Wed 18 May, 2016 07:59 am
Dubuque police are investigating persons of interest in cross burnings
An update on the cross burnings in Dubuque;

Police Chief Mark Dalsing tells KDTH that some of the physical evidence collected at the scene has been sent to the state crime lab for testing. While Dalsing did indicate that there are some persons of interest in the case, he declined to give any information about number of suspects or details about their involvement.

Dalsing would not comment on a possible motive behind the incident, but did say he still plans to pursue hate crime charges if necessary.

The cross burning was first discovered in the mid-morning hours of April 14. The remnants of a two burned crosses were located near the intersection of Washington and 22nd Streets.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Wed 18 May, 2016 09:30 pm
Wisconsin SAE chapter suspended over racist, bigoted slurs
Source: Associated Press

Wisconsin SAE chapter suspended over racist, bigoted slurs

Updated 1:41 pm, Wednesday, May 18, 2016

MADISON, Wis. (AP) — University of Wisconsin administrators have suspended the Sigma Alpha Epsilon chapter at the school's flagship campus, saying members were found to have repeatedly used racist, homophobic and anti-Semitic slurs and ostracized a black student who tried to stop it.

The university's Committee on Student Organizations banned the fraternity from all Greek activities through Nov. 1 and won't allow it to recruit this fall.

University documents say a former fraternity member came forward with allegations about the slurs and accused a fraternity member of assaulting him. School officials say the fraternity member was disciplined as a result. The chapter had already been on probation for an unrelated incident of underage drinking.

SAE disbanded its University of Oklahoma chapter last year after video emerged showing members engaging in a racist chant. The fraternity's Evanston, Illinois-based national leadership hired a director of diversity and inclusion months later.

Read more: http://www.chron.com/news/us/article/Wisconsin-SAE-chapter-suspended-over-racist-7651264.php
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Thu 19 May, 2016 09:05 pm
Black lives matter

0 Replies

reasoning logic

Sat 21 May, 2016 12:15 pm
All I can do is beg black lives to research as much as they can about our corrupt system and come to their own understanding of reality, "Not mine" Sure I would like people to share my point of view but I do realize that this is not about me.

Lilkanyon

Sat 21 May, 2016 12:24 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

All I can do is beg black lives to research as much as they can about our corrupt system and come to there own understanding of reality, "Not mine" Sure I would like people to share my point of view but I do realize that this is not about me.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNjSr6T3e28[/youtube]

Your right! Clinton in the 90's were centrists, even right winged Democrats. Doma, Nafta, 3 strikes laws, heavy peanalties for drugs. But she has moved from that position and I am really tired of a wife having to take the blame for a
husbands decision. On the one hand, a man says a woman should stand by her man, and on the other, villify her for it.
Shes her own person now. The only thing I trully am upset about when it comes to Clinton is her yes vote on Iraq war. I was against that from the git. Just reading a couple books on the history of the middle east told me it was a bad idea. But does that make Bernie a better candidate because he was on the right side of one issue? Not to me. He critisized Obama foe his Supreme Court nominee, he wasnt progressive enough. Are you kidding me? In a Rep controlled senate, can a progressive judge stand a chance? Just shows you how tone deaf Sanders is to the realities of politics.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Sat 21 May, 2016 12:51 pm
Lilkanyon

Sat 21 May, 2016 01:06 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_YrD0QcQTM[/youtube]

Pipe dream. Sanders scares me more then Trump because his hardheadness could cost Dems the election and Trump could get in and all I can think is Sanders ego got in the way of whats better for the country. Hes clogging the system up and handing Trump ammo against Clinton. At first I was neutral, but now...its obvious, barring a miracle, Sanders cant win. But he takes delight that when Clinton doesnt compete, he wins. I saw Sanders get chewed up by Chris Matthews, a liberal commentator for MSNBC. What will Trump do to him? But yet Clinton sat with poise and dignity during the Benghazi hearings berrated by Repubs and was unshaken.
reasoning logic

Sat 21 May, 2016 01:13 pm
@Lilkanyon,
Quote:
Sanders scares me more then Trump because his hardheadness could cost Dems the election and Trump could get in and all I can think is Sanders ego got in the way of whats better for the country

Are you suggesting that you are going to be voting for someone who has a less likely chance of wining in November than Trump? Trump is thought by a majority of people to be a very sick person and should not be president.
Lilkanyon

Sat 21 May, 2016 01:17 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

Quote:
Sanders scares me more then Trump because his hardheadness could cost Dems the election and Trump could get in and all I can think is Sanders ego got in the way of whats better for the country

Are you suggesting that you are going to be voting for someone who has a less likely chance of wining in November than Trump? Trump is thought by a majority of people to be a very sick person and should not be president.

That Trump got this far explodes my mind. I no longer know what to believe. Or how ignorant and unintrested our country has become in their own destiny.
reasoning logic

Sat 21 May, 2016 01:41 pm
@Lilkanyon,
Quote:
That Trump got this far explodes my mind. I no longer know what to believe. Or how ignorant and unintrested our country has become in their own destiny.

I agree with you here and I am sad to think I may be correct about our society having serious problems pertaining to social behavior.

If blue tooth tampons can be thought to be a good idea by some people I guess that a Trump presidency would make sense to many people as well

Lilkanyon

Sat 21 May, 2016 03:44 pm
@reasoning logic,
Ahahaha! No doubt! Stupidity at its finest!
0 Replies