TheCobbler

Mon 16 May, 2016 05:19 pm
@oralloy,
Ephesians 5:22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands.

Like Donald's wife... "Just lay there and take it."

I bet you I know more scripture than you do.

Stop pretending to be ethical, you stink.
oralloy

Mon 16 May, 2016 05:48 pm
@TheCobbler,
TheCobbler wrote:
I bet you I know more scripture than you do.

That's a virtual certainty. I doubt I know any scripture at all.

TheCobbler wrote:
Stop pretending to be ethical, you stink.

I'm a trillion times more ethical than you could ever hope to be.
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 16 May, 2016 06:38 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Don't count on it. Or him.

The die is already cast. You're doomed and you just don't know it yet.

Mr. Trump will be president from 2016 to 2024. Mr. Gingrich will be president from 2024 to 2032. And even in 2032, after 16 straight years of Donald Trump and Newt Gingrich, the Democrats still won't be able to win back the White House.

By the time the public will be willing to consider a Democratic president again, we'll all likely be dead of old age. And by then the Democrats will have finally figured out that Liberalism sucks and will have nominated a nice moderate.

Meanwhile Mr. Trump will choose Justice Scalia's replacement as soon as he takes office. And the following three Liberal justices are all nearing retirement age:

Stephen Breyer: age 77
Anthony Kennedy: age 79
Ruth Bader Ginsburg: age 83

Welcome to the dustbin of history. Your bankrupt ideology is going to be there for a very long time.
TheCobbler

Mon 16 May, 2016 07:24 pm
@oralloy,
You are a fool and history has time and again proven the folly of fools...

http://www.history.com/images/media/video/history_wwii_hitlers_militry_blunders_sf_1219698/History_WWII_Hitlers_Militry_Blunders_SF_still_624x352.jpg
MontereyJack

Mon 16 May, 2016 07:37 pm
@oralloy,
Donald Trump is a misogynist and a racist, a buffoon, a braggart, and a bully who lies most of the time when he opens his mouth. I can see why you like him, oralloy--itmust be like looking in a mirror for you. He doesn't stand a chance.
oralloy

Mon 16 May, 2016 08:03 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Donald Trump is a misogynist and a racist, a buffoon, a braggart, and a bully who lies most of the time when he opens his mouth.

Liberals always make false accusations of racism and misogyny whenever someone points out the failures of their bankrupt ideology.

MontereyJack wrote:
I can see why you like him, oralloy--itmust be like looking in a mirror for you.

You cannot show a single untrue thing I've ever said. Nor can you show any example of me being a bully.

You cannot show a single boast from me that was not factually 100% true.

MontereyJack wrote:
He doesn't stand a chance.

Let's compare notes after election 2032, and see if we haven't just had 8 years of President Trump followed by 8 years of President Gingrich, and then just had the Democrats lose the White House to the Republicans for the fifth time in a row.
TheCobbler

Mon 16 May, 2016 08:10 pm
@oralloy,
Let's compare them now, racist birds of a feather flock together.

Shame on you!
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 16 May, 2016 08:11 pm
@TheCobbler,
TheCobbler wrote:
You are a fool and history has time and again proven the folly of fools...

Ever read Asimov's Foundation trilogy?

You know those parts where "people from the old order that is about to be swept away" don't yet realize their doom, and they act like their bankrupt ideology still has some sort of actual meaning?

Very Happy
TheCobbler

Mon 16 May, 2016 08:14 pm
@oralloy,
Isaack Asimov was not talking about blessed racists being swept away by diversity, he was talking about the burgeoning of machines and technology.

You besmirch his great character!

Trump is certainly not anti-technology when he get's his cheap suits made by foreign slave labor.

Trump represents the very thing that Asimov detested most.
MontereyJack

Mon 16 May, 2016 09:47 pm
@oralloy,
Why wait til 2032? We only have to wait til November 9, 2016, when President Obama congratulates President-elect Hillary Clinton on her stunning 30 state victory over deflated Donald Trump. Face it, over 70% of the country despises him. For good reason.
bobsal u1553115

Mon 16 May, 2016 09:49 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Mr. Trump will soon be consigning that hateful ideology to the dustbin of history once and for all.

If Trump wins I leave a2k.

If Trump loses: you leave.

Deal?
reasoning logic

Mon 16 May, 2016 09:51 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
Face it, over 70% of the country despises him. For good reason.

With Hillary's trust worthiness and loss of half the democrats she should do very well?
glitterbag

Mon 16 May, 2016 10:07 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Bob, don't seal that deal. None of us can afford to bow out and let the stupids run amok.
MontereyJack

Mon 16 May, 2016 10:11 pm
@reasoning logic,
You're talking about Hillary's trustworthiness? Seriously? Here's the Washington Post on Trumps' trustworthiness:
Quote:
The 2016 presidential campaign has dominated our coverage of false claims. In particular, businessman Donald Trump — who has soared to the top of the GOP field — kept us busy. In the space of just six months, he earned 11 Four-Pinocchio ratings, far more than any other candidate.

Most politicians drop a claim after it has been fact-checked as false. But Frankly, it’s rTrump is unusual in that he always insists he is right, no matter how little evidence he has for his claim.eally not interesting to fact check The Donald, as his assertions are so easily debunked. Still, he scores a hat trick on this list.

And that was from their annual survey of Pinocchios last December. Trump has had six more months of pompous falsity since then, and he's made the most of them.

Quote:
he always insists he is right, no matter how little evidence he has for his claim.It's really not interesting to fact check The Donald, as his assertions are so easily debunked
Sure sounds like oralloy has taken Trump for his role model, doesn't it?
oralloy

Tue 17 May, 2016 01:38 am
@TheCobbler,
TheCobbler wrote:
Isaack Asimov was not talking about blessed racists being swept away by diversity,

I never said he was. It is the Liberals who keep falsely accusing people of racism all the time.

TheCobbler wrote:
he was talking about the burgeoning of machines and technology.

No, he was talking of the decline and collapse of a galactic empire, and the plan to create a new empire from its ashes.

TheCobbler wrote:
You besmirch his great character!

Not really.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 17 May, 2016 01:44 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Quote:
he always insists he is right, no matter how little evidence he has for his claim.It's really not interesting to fact check The Donald, as his assertions are so easily debunked

Sure sounds like oralloy has taken Trump for his role model, doesn't it?

I can always back my claims with evidence. And people have great difficulty debunking my claims. You, for example, have never been able to even challenge any of my facts.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Tue 17 May, 2016 05:39 am
@glitterbag,
If Trump wins, I'll gladly leave. The spectre of oralloy grave dancing on the Republic is something I do not want to witness let alone contemplate.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Tue 17 May, 2016 06:17 am
FBI data showing drop in police deaths undermines 'war on cops' theory
Source: The Guardian

FBI data showing drop in police deaths undermines 'war on cops' theory

Preliminary data show a 20% decrease in number of officers intentionally
killed in the line of duty and the second-lowest total in the past 12 years

Jamiles Lartey
Monday 16 May 2016 20.20 BST

Data released by the FBI show that 2015 was one of the safest years for law enforcement officers in more than a decade.

The preliminary numbers report that 37 US police officers (41 including those from Puerto Rico) were intentionally killed by suspects in the line of duty in 2015, a decrease of 20% from 2014 and the second-lowest total in the past 12 years.

The data seem to undermine concerns that increased criticism of police, inspired by the Black Lives Matter movement, has fostered a “war on cops”.

“For those who seem to believe that police officers are being killed at higher rates, and that it has something to do with the protests against police misconduct, this really shows you that there’s nothing to that,” said University of Pittsburgh Law professor and policing expert David Harris.

Chuck Canterbury, president of the national Fraternal Order of Police, said he found the FBI data unconvincing.

-snip-

Read more: http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/may/16/us-police-deaths-decline-2015-fbi-data
0 Replies

izzythepush

Tue 17 May, 2016 06:26 am
Quote:
A young black man arrested by police in Portsmouth, Virginia, has been found dead in jail after spending almost four months behind bars without bail for stealing groceries worth $5.

Jamycheal Mitchell, who had mental health problems, was discovered lying on the floor of his cell by guards early last Wednesday, according to authorities. While his body is still awaiting an autopsy, senior prison officials said his death was not being treated as suspicious.

“As of right now it is deemed ‘natural causes’,” Natasha Perry, the master jail officer at the Hampton Roads regional jail in Portsmouth, said of his death in an interview. Perry said there were no obvious outward signs of injury to the 24-year-old’s body. Portsmouth police are looking into the death.

Mitchell’s family said they believed he starved to death after refusing meals and medication at the jail, where he was being held on misdemeanour charges of petty larceny and trespassing. A clerk at Portsmouth district court said Mitchell was accused of stealing a bottle of Mountain Dew, a Snickers bar and a Zebra Cake worth a total of $5 from a 7-Eleven.

“His body failed,” said Roxanne Adams, Mitchell’s aunt. “It is extraordinary. The person I saw deceased was not even the same person.” Adams, who is a registered nurse, said Mitchell had practically no muscle mass left by the time of his death.

A few hours after Mitchell was arrested on 22 April by Portsmouth police officer L Schaefer for the alleged theft, William Chapman was shot dead by officer Stephen Rankin outside a Walmart superstore about 2.5 miles away in the same city. State prosecutor Stephanie Morales said on Thursday she would pursue criminal charges over Chapman’s death.

Except for a brief item stating that an inmate had been found dead, the story of Mitchell’s death has not been covered by local media in Virginia, and is reported for the first time here.
Adams said in an interview that her nephew had bipolar disorder and schizophrenia for about five years. Nicknamed Weezy, he lived with his mother Sonia and had been unable to hold down work. “He just chain-smoked and made people laugh,” said Adams. “He never did anything serious, never harmed anybody.”

Officials said that after his arrest, Mitchell was taken to Portsmouth city jail, where he stayed for almost three weeks before being transferred across the city to the regional jail on 11 May.

Ten days after that, the court clerk said, Judge Morton Whitlow ruled Mitchell was not competent to stand trial and ordered that he be transferred to Eastern State hospital, a state-run mental health facility in Williamsburg, for treatment.

The clerk said that typically in such cases “we do an order to restore the defendant to competence, send it to the hospital, and when the hospital has a bed, we do a transportation order, and he’s taken to the hospital.” Whitlow reiterated the order on 31 July and was due to review the case again on 4 September, according to the clerk.

But the hospital said it had no vacancy and the 24-year-old was therefore detained in jail until his death on 19 August, according to Adams, Mitchell’s aunt, who said she had tried to assist the hospitalisation process herself but was left frustrated.

“He was just deteriorating so fast,” she said. “I kept calling the jail, but they said they couldn’t transfer him because there were no available beds. So I called Eastern State, too, and people there said they didn’t know anything about the request or not having bed availability.”

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/aug/28/jamycheal-mitchell-virginia-jail-found-dead
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Tue 17 May, 2016 06:46 am

White Cop Brutally Beats Black Teen for Riding Her Bike—Then Charges Her with Assault (Video)
The 15-year-old girl's family is filing a lawsuit against the cop who attacked her.
By David Ferguson / Raw Story
May 14, 2016

A Tacoma, Washington family is suing over the brutal beating in 2014 of then-15-year-old Monique Tillman, who a Tacoma Police officer pulled off her bicycle, choked and then shocked with a Taser.

The Free Thought Project reported Saturday on the attack, which was recorded by security cameras.

Monique Tillman and her brother were bicycling home on May 24, 2014 when they cut through the parking lot of the Tacoma Mall. Officer Jared Williams, a uniformed white officer of the Tacoma Police Department, was working mall security that day. He pursued the two teenagers — who are black — and informed them that they were trespassing on mall property.
ADVERTISING

When the girl tried to explain that she and her brother live nearby and routinely cut through the parking lot, Williams became enraged and attacked the girl.

The officer jerked the girl off her bike and began choking her, slamming her against a car and slinging her around like rag doll. He then shocked her with a Taser.

“He was choking me, grabbed me by my hair and tried to slam my face into the concrete. The next thing I know, I’m on the ground being tased,” the girl said.

Williams arrested the teen and charged her with resisting arrest and assault on an officer. The charges were dismissed by the court.

Now, the family is filing suit this week against Williams, the mall’s parent company and the security firm that Williams was working for.
Watch the video, embedded below: