The Case For Biden

glitterbag

Fri 13 Nov, 2020 04:50 pm
@McGentrix,
Trust me dear heart, you don't get me hot and bothered. Now you seem to be the one making a mountain out of a molehill.
Sturgis

Fri 13 Nov, 2020 04:54 pm
@glitterbag,
Are you mocking his molehill? He has taken great care of it to appease his gruesome leader who uses it as a tax write-off
0 Replies

RABEL222

Fri 13 Nov, 2020 05:09 pm
@snood,
I don't mean to disagree with you but I can't remember tonight what I posted this morning. When I get kicked off of the site I never know why. Just that I must have gone overboard.
snood

Fri 13 Nov, 2020 05:14 pm
@RABEL222,
Glad you don’t mean to disagree with me.
0 Replies

roger

Fri 13 Nov, 2020 05:21 pm
@RABEL222,
You've been suspended? I'm kind of surprised.
glitterbag

Fri 13 Nov, 2020 05:25 pm
@roger,
Me too, doesn't seem right.
RABEL222

Sat 14 Nov, 2020 03:06 pm
@glitterbag,
3 times. But I'm sure I went over the top. There are a few people who get under my skin with their stupidity.
snood

Sat 14 Nov, 2020 03:29 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

3 times. But I'm sure I went over the top. There are a few people who get under my skin with their stupidity.

You don’t mean it! Posting here on A2K? 😁
Sturgis

Sat 14 Nov, 2020 04:09 pm
@snood,
Shocking ain't it? I expected only the brightest minds to be found here. Since disappointment upsets me, I've taken to eating extra cookies and burgers to salve my soul.
snood

Sat 14 Nov, 2020 04:29 pm
@Sturgis,
Similar to the remedy I subscribe to. Plus ice cream.
RABEL222

Sun 15 Nov, 2020 01:00 am
@snood,
And pasta and Italian sausage.
0 Replies

revelette3

Sun 15 Nov, 2020 12:23 pm
Biden fills economic posts with experts on systemic racism
0 Replies

revelette3

Mon 16 Nov, 2020 11:05 am
People of color make up nearly half of Biden transition team

Now to watch his picks for cabinet and his administration.
0 Replies

revelette3

Mon 16 Nov, 2020 12:59 pm
Quote:
Former President Obama said in an NPR interview aired Monday that President-elect Joe Biden will have to reach across the aisle and pursue "bipartisan cooperation," despite GOP-led efforts to delegitimize his election.

Obama has been sitting down for a series of interviews recently to promote his new autobiography, "A Promised Land," and has begun to share his personal thoughts on the state of the U.S. government and Trump's work for the first time since leaving office.

"For all the differences that I had with George W. Bush, he and his administration could not have been more gracious and effective in working with us to facilitate a smooth transition," said Obama when speaking about the transition process which Trump's administration has continued to impede.

Commenting on Trump's refusal to concede, Obama said, "I take it seriously, I don't think he'll be successful in denying reality. And you're starting to see a few Republican elected officials go ahead and say, 'Look, Joe Biden has been elected, and we need to move on in the transition.'"

Obama expressed disappointment that more GOP leaders have not come out in support of the election results so far, stressing the little amount of time there is to waste when the country is still in the middle of a pandemic and economic crisis.

According to Obama, bipartisan cooperation will be needed especially as it appears neither side will have an overwhelming majority in the Senate.

"I think that there is a way to reach out and not be a sap. There is a way of consistently offering the possibility of cooperation. But recognizing that if [Senate Majority Leader] Mitch McConnell [R-Ky.] or others are refusing to cooperate, at some point, you've got to take it to the court of public opinion," he said.

Looking back at his time in office, Obama said McConnell and former Speaker of the House John Boehner were too often rewarded for their "obstructionist strategy" by the voters.

One of his regrets, he says, is that he did not sell the policies enough to his colleagues, believing his policies would receive support based on their merit alone. Reflecting on this, he offers one piece of advice to Biden telling him to "constantly market and explain what you are doing."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/obama-on-bipartisanship-there-is-a-way-to-reach-out-and-not-be-a-sap/ar-BB1b3Xqo?ocid=msedgdhp
snood

Mon 16 Nov, 2020 02:24 pm
@revelette3,
Good article. Good to hear that Obama and Biden are working together to try to figure the right approach to getting things done with the republicans. I like the line that “ I think you can reach out without being a sap.”
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 16 Nov, 2020 08:58 pm
@revelette3,
The Hill wrote:
Looking back at his time in office, Obama said McConnell and former Speaker of the House John Boehner were too often rewarded for their "obstructionist strategy" by the voters.

Wow.

Progressives really are delusional.
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 16 Nov, 2020 09:00 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
You spent four years telling us trump and his republican followers together would be in office continuously for twenty years. Waffling with "we'll see" does not negate that.

So what? It wasn't intended to negate it.
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 16 Nov, 2020 09:01 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
The will of the people is the popular vote.

No it isn't. The will of the people is represented by the electoral college.

MontereyJack wrote:
When the e.c. goes against that, as it did in 2016 it does not reflect the people,

Sure it does.

MontereyJack wrote:
it reflects the will of some of the founding fathers, who died two centuries ago.

The Electoral College always reflects the will of the people.

MontereyJack wrote:
Snood is right.

No he isn't. The Electoral College reflects the will of the people.
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 16 Nov, 2020 09:02 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:
So, how are those liberal tears tasting?

He'll let you know in 2024.
oralloy

Mon 16 Nov, 2020 09:03 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
snood is right.

No he isn't. The Electoral College reflects the will of the people.

MontereyJack wrote:
you are not.

Yes he is. The Electoral College reflects the will of the people.

MontereyJack wrote:
He knows perfectly well how the country and the e.c. works,

If he knew how it works, then he would know that the Electoral College reflects the will of the people.

MontereyJack wrote:
and in 2016 it clearly did not represent the will of the people.

That is incorrect. The Electoral College always represents the will of the American people.
0 Replies