The Case For Biden

glitterbag

Sun 8 Dec, 2019 02:50 am
@Lash,
are you sure you're not thinking of one of your #$%*&@#$.
0 Replies

revelette3

Sun 8 Dec, 2019 08:51 am
I actually think that went over well. There was this guy, basically parroting the debunked conspiracy theory in a room full of Iowa voters. I think most of them thought of it as Biden sticking up for his family; instead of allowing the disinformation to be unchallenged.

I personally prefer Obama's style, he would have handled it with grace and humor but still manage to get his point across. However, Trump opened the door to a new era, I don't think Biden should continue it, but I think he just lost his cool a little because it was his family. Nevertheless, Biden should have refrained from profanity and name calling. IMHO
RABEL222

Sun 8 Dec, 2019 01:11 pm
@revelette3,
If Lash and Fin can use bad language and call people stupid because they disagree with them why can't Biden?
Finn dAbuzz

Sun 8 Dec, 2019 05:28 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

If Lash and Fin can use bad language and call people stupid because they disagree with them why can't Biden?

Because Lash & Finn aren't running for POTUS and unless you're an overweight, octagenarian Democrat, we don't.
glitterbag

Mon 9 Dec, 2019 02:10 am
@RABEL222,
I think there are people who see courtesy as a weakness. Some seem to think the people being polite or courteous are spineless, weak and deferential to their egoist selves. The truth is that courteous behavior speaks about the character of the courteous and has nothing at all to do about the worthiness of the individual receiving the courtesy.

Bullies cry foul when their victim doesn't cower and snaps at them.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Mon 9 Dec, 2019 07:30 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
You can be president and swear at the same time. It's been done.
0 Replies

Brand X

Mon 9 Dec, 2019 07:59 am
He has to be told.

Kenneth P. Vogel

Verified account

@kenvogel
19h19 hours ago
More
BIDEN blames his staff for not flagging conflict concerns about his son's BURISMA post.

"Nobody warned me about a potential conflict of interest," @JoeBiden told @RachelNPR. "They should have told me."
0 Replies

revelette3

Mon 9 Dec, 2019 09:28 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Rabel:
Quote:

Finn:
Quote:
Because Lash & Finn aren't running for POTUS and unless you're an overweight, octagenarian Democrat, we don't.

What does the bolded section of your "statement" even mean and how does it answer Rabel's question?
revelette3

Mon 9 Dec, 2019 09:35 am
@RABEL222,
Biden can of course.

Personally I would prefer a different tone from the next President than our current one. I don't really approve of this foul language and petty name our candidates and public figures from all sides have been using lately. It's cheap and trashy.

However, in the specific case of the alteration between the Iowa voter and Joe Biden at the campaign event, Biden was provoked, I think he just lost his cool because he has been hearing a lot of those unfounded accusations made up by right wing sources and Trump and Giuliani since the Ukraine thing started. Or perhaps he was advised to go "tough." If is the latter, it is ill considered advice in my opinion. You can go tough without going low.
hightor

Mon 9 Dec, 2019 09:48 am
@revelette3,
Quote:

Personally I would prefer a different tone from the next President than our current one.

This is one of my concerns about Biden. I can so easily picture him trading insults with Trump. He's done it before and I don't think it makes him look particularly good.

The confrontation with the audience member might be somewhat forgivable (defending the family and all that) but I think he was unnecessarily combative.
RABEL222

Mon 9 Dec, 2019 03:08 pm
@hightor,
Unnecessary combative. As opposed to Trump? The democrats have too long hunkered down while the republicans have hurled combative b s lies as truth. Its about time that republicans like finn who think they have the right to insult people who disagree with them were confronted with invective themselves. That goes for the so called democrats who show the same republican behavior.
hightor

Mon 9 Dec, 2019 05:10 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
Its about time that republicans like finn who think they have the right to insult people who disagree with them were confronted with invective themselves.

That may be true. But I don't think he pulled it off that well. That "put your dukes up and meet me outside" stuff is so Eisenhower-era high schoolish.
RABEL222

Mon 9 Dec, 2019 05:25 pm
@hightor,
But he is showing something decides his but as he runs away. And if you watched the vidie the fat guy was very combative. Because he disagrees with Biden docent give him the right to tell him his son is a crook. Especially when its more republican bull shyt.
hightor

Mon 9 Dec, 2019 05:31 pm
@RABEL222,
Good points. I guess we just had different reactions. The fat guy was misinformed, for sure.
oralloy

Tue 10 Dec, 2019 06:12 pm
@revelette3,
revelette3 wrote:
Rabel:
Quote:

Finn:
Quote:

What does the bolded section of your "statement" even mean and how does it answer Rabel's question?

"unless you're an overweight, octagenarian Democrat, we don't use bad language and call you stupid"

I didn't read back into the thread, but presumably the harsh language was aimed at a specific public figure, and was not aimed at any posters here (unless one of the posters here happens to actually be that specific public figure).
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Wed 11 Dec, 2019 09:49 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Good points. I guess we just had different reactions. The fat guy was misinformed, for sure.

Good points? Really?

The "fat guy" (who is svelte in comparison to Jerry The Hut Nadler) didn't say Hunter Biden was a crook he suggested that his father Joe Biden was, and there is plenty of reason to believe that Biden was crooked in regards to his involvement in Ukraine or are you, like Rabel, buying the bullshit that no one has said a single word suggesting he did anything wrong

Biden's response to entirely legitimate questions about this matter has, on virtually every occasion, been belligerent and this includes several reporters employed by left-leaning news outlets (the only kind he will submit himself to)

Let's not forget that the "fat guy" was not a right-wing infiltrator of an Iowan event staged by the Biden campaign, he is a Democrat. Apparently "fat" Democrats are not allowed to challenge Dem candidates.

He voiced a concern that every Democrat should have whether or not they believe Biden didn't do anything wrong. Should Biden win the nomination he will be repeatedly asked questions about his son and his related quid pro quo demand of the Ukranian government. Is he going to call every questioner a "Damned liar" or "fat?" Or will he just jump to a pushup challenge?

0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Wed 11 Dec, 2019 09:52 pm
Now the Biden campaign has released the trial balloon that their guy will vow to be a one-term president.

Wow! That will get my vote! Very Happy Very Happy
Brand X

Fri 20 Dec, 2019 05:40 am
Michael Tracey

Verified account

@mtracey
8h8 hours ago
More
Biden did privately oppose the Afghanistan surge, but that somehow absolves him of all responsibility for the systematic lying? Especially when he claims the mantle of the Obama legacy in every other respect? Complete BS
revelette3

Fri 20 Dec, 2019 07:55 am
@Brand X,
If I remember correctly, he did oppose the Afghanistan surge, I didn't, he had a different overall strategy thought when it came to fighting terrorism. I suspect they had more disagreements than we know of, they were just simply different men. And your right, Biden does try to have his cake and eat it too. (which saying never made sense, but anywho…)

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/05/biden-obama-foreign-policy-record-2020.html
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Wed 8 Jan, 2020 05:19 pm
Biden is America's Village Idiot