The Case For Biden

Sturgis

Thu 10 Oct, 2019 01:50 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
...abandoning our rights to have grenades and bazookas.

You have a need for grenades? Just curious what weirdo plot of land you're dwelling on.

At any rate, the second amendment, is somewhat outdated and needs to be revisited and revised. This is not to say all your guns need to be taken away, merely using common sense when it comes to weaponry. Bazookas, grenades and rocket launchers which people such as you keep saying you "must have" ( or similar wording), shows a decided lack of any sense, common or other.

Keep in mind, if you have a stockpile of grenades and your perceived enemies also have, you will all be dead. You end up losing.
Finn dAbuzz

Thu 10 Oct, 2019 02:41 pm
@roger,
I didn't miss it when it was small.

Your point?
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 10 Oct, 2019 02:50 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:
You have a need for grenades?

Grenades and grenade launchers are necessary for militia duties. 84mm bazookas too.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/AT4

If the nation ever brings back the militia I'm going to get a whole closet full of 84mm bazookas. Body armor won't avail any home invaders who make the mistake of targeting my house. Very Happy

Sturgis wrote:
At any rate, the second amendment, is somewhat outdated and needs to be revisited and revised.

The Supreme Court already did that when they made Heller all about self defense and not about the militia.
neptuneblue

Thu 10 Oct, 2019 06:06 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
Grenades and grenade launchers are necessary for militia duties. 84mm bazookas too.

You neglect the fact, if we ever get to the point where grenades and launchers are a necessity, bio-chemical warfare would be used against you to incapacitate firing of such weapons, rendering them, and you, useless and DEAD.

https://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/secret-weapons-chemical-agents
oralloy

Thu 10 Oct, 2019 06:20 pm
@neptuneblue,
That's hardly a fact.

Why do you think soldiers carry grenades if chemical warfare is guaranteed to render them useless?
neptuneblue

Thu 10 Oct, 2019 06:23 pm
@oralloy,
You're old school. Grenades are only effective if they're used. That's why your argument is so funny. You think your warfare will keep you alive, silly mistake from a non-combat non-veteran.
oralloy

Thu 10 Oct, 2019 06:33 pm
@neptuneblue,
Your fantasies about chemical warfare rendering infantry weapons obsolete are pretty silly.

How come the Army still uses infantry weapons if they are supposedly obsolete?
neptuneblue

Thu 10 Oct, 2019 06:39 pm
@oralloy,
What's silly is you think getting your hands on grenades and launchers for home security is the intention of the 2nd Amendment. In reality, if at the point you'll have the opportunity to use such weapons, you won't need to use them because you'll be dead.
oralloy

Thu 10 Oct, 2019 06:46 pm
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:
What's silly is you think getting your hands on grenades and launchers for home security is the intention of the 2nd Amendment.

I never said anything of the sort. The grenades and grenade launchers would be for my militia duties. If I just happened to use them for home defense, that would be a fringe benefit of having them.

And why are you overlooking the 84mm bazookas? 40mm grenades are nice I guess. But what I really want is a closet full of 84mm bazookas.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/AT4

neptuneblue wrote:
In reality, if at the point you'll have the opportunity to use such weapons, you won't need to use them because you'll be dead.

That's not even remotely reality. There is a reason why the Army still uses infantry weapons.

That reason is because your nonsense about infantry weapons being useless is, well, nonsense.
neptuneblue

Thu 10 Oct, 2019 06:54 pm
@oralloy,
You are the perfect Trumper. When a discussion on facts and reality doesn't go your way, you'll deflect and turn attention away from what truly matters,

I don't give a **** about your grenades. Chances are you'll blow yourself up in haste trying to stop an owl from invading a tree.

Meanwhile, us sane individuals will elect a sane representative to the White House. That may or not be Joe Biden. But certainly someone more saner than you.
oralloy

Thu 10 Oct, 2019 07:01 pm
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:
When a discussion on facts and reality doesn't go your way, you'll deflect and turn attention away from what truly matters,

Don't be so dishonorable. I didn't deflect anything. And facts and reality are firmly on my side.

neptuneblue wrote:
I don't give a **** about your grenades.

Was someone forcing you to post about them against your will?

neptuneblue wrote:
Meanwhile, us sane individuals will elect a sane representative to the White House. That may or not be Joe Biden. But certainly someone more saner than you.

It'll be Donald Trump in for a second term.
neptuneblue

Thu 10 Oct, 2019 07:06 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
Don't be so dishonorable. I didn't deflect anything. And facts and reality are firmly on my side..

Don't be silly. Who has an Honorable Discharge and who doesn't?

oralloy wrote:
Was someone forcing you to post about them against your will?

No. I call out bullshit when I see it.

oralloy wrote:
It'll be Donald Trump in for a second term.

Another useless opinion from you, not fact.
oralloy

Thu 10 Oct, 2019 07:16 pm
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:
Don't be silly. Who has an Honorable Discharge and who doesn't?

No silliness. Your lies and false accusations against me were highly dishonorable.

neptuneblue wrote:
No. I call out bullshit when I see it.

You didn't point out anything untrue in any of my posts. Your silly nonsense about chemical weapons rendering infantry weapons useless was just silly nonsense.

That you would even think such nonsense actually shows that you are pretty ignorant about military matters. You might want to keep quiet and let the people with actual knowledge do the talking.

neptuneblue wrote:
Another useless opinion from you, not fact.

Wrong again. That was a prediction, not an opinion.
neptuneblue

Thu 10 Oct, 2019 07:24 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
No silliness. Your lies and false accusations against me were highly dishonorable.

You talked about home security then shamefully changed your stance to include how military warfare is relevant to the discussion. It's not.

oralloy wrote:
You didn't point out anything untrue in any of my posts. Your silly nonsense about chemical weapons rendering infantry weapons useless was just silly nonsense.

I proved that your "home defense" is useless in a real-world application.

oralloy wrote:
That you would even think such nonsense actually shows that you are pretty ignorant about military matters. You might want to keep quiet and let the people with actual knowledge do the talking.

Says the coward behind a keyboard, not an actual veteran.

oralloy wrote:
Wrong again. That was a prediction, not an opinion.

Predictions ARE opinions, not based in fact.
oralloy

Fri 11 Oct, 2019 12:12 pm
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:
You talked about home security then shamefully changed your stance to include how military warfare is relevant to the discussion. It's not.

Wrong again. I talked of military weapons in the context of militia duties, and mentioned home defense as a side benefit.

neptuneblue wrote:
I proved that your "home defense" is useless in a real-world application.

Your ignorant nonsense about chemical and biological weapons is even more ignorant in a home defense scenario.

When was the last time criminals attacked someone's house with nerve gas or biological weapons?

neptuneblue wrote:
Says the coward behind a keyboard, not an actual veteran.

More dishonorable lies from you. I've never displayed any cowardice.

Whether I have or haven't served in the military is still none of your business.

neptuneblue wrote:
Predictions ARE opinions,

Not really.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Fri 11 Oct, 2019 02:46 pm
Blah, blah, blah...

What is the case for Biden?
Sturgis

Fri 11 Oct, 2019 02:54 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
What is the case for Biden?

Apart from "he ain't Trump" , nobody seemeth to know.

Strikes me as a somewhat likeable character, just not a leader, therefore not Presidential. Choice of him or Trump (or Pence), he'lll have my tepid support and vote.
roger

Fri 11 Oct, 2019 03:15 pm
@Sturgis,
Me too. Not perfect by any means, but at the moment, he's the one I favor. If he wins, I'll reserve judgement for awhile.
Finn dAbuzz

Fri 11 Oct, 2019 06:23 pm
@Sturgis,
So you will vote for a village idiot because he is more "likeable" than the strongman in office who has turned our economy around?

Finn dAbuzz

Fri 11 Oct, 2019 06:25 pm
@roger,
And when he totally fucks things up will you say "Well I kinda liked him when I voted for him?"

Sheesh!
0 Replies