RABEL222

Tue 13 Aug, 2019 01:27 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Unlike master Trump?
Finn dAbuzz

Tue 13 Aug, 2019 06:28 pm
@RABEL222,
Like every politician

Your point is that because Trump may be the same it's A-OK?
0 Replies

snood

Tue 13 Aug, 2019 07:11 pm
Never ceases to amaze me.

They defend a so-called man who claims to be a genius but hides his academic record; claims to be a finance mogul but hides his financial record; has used his bully pulpit to slander, sneer and tell thousands of lies.

He’s manifestly amoral, racist and fraudulent. And they stick with him. It says volumes about them.
Finn dAbuzz

Tue 13 Aug, 2019 07:25 pm
@snood,
"They?" You mean like "those people?"
Glennn

Tue 13 Aug, 2019 07:35 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
No, not "those people." He's talking about those "other people." I would think that that would be obvious.
RABEL222

Tue 13 Aug, 2019 07:36 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
He means like you.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Tue 13 Aug, 2019 07:39 pm
@Glennn,
You really don't get it?
RABEL222

Tue 13 Aug, 2019 07:51 pm
I've been here almost as long as you and I have yet to see you lose without posting some crappy comment. Do you really think a crappy comeback makes you look intelligent? It makes you look like what you just accused me of being.
Glennn

Tue 13 Aug, 2019 07:59 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
You really don't get it?

Yes, I get it. I'm just having fun tonight. Sometimes something gets into me, and I . . . become the monkey.

Hush my darling
Don't fear, my darling;
The lion sleeps tonight.
RABEL222

Wed 14 Aug, 2019 12:51 am
Ollie.
0 Replies

snood

Wed 14 Aug, 2019 07:45 am
Yeah, I guess if someone accused me of defending a filthy traitorous piece of crap excuse for a president and intimated that it spoke to my character, I’d crack stupid jokes too. I mean, what else could I do?
georgeob1

Wed 14 Aug, 2019 07:59 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

The thing about Biden, though, is that he's been like this as long as I can remember. Do we know for sure that it's actually getting worse? Not trying to defend him but if it's just the same old-same old the observations lose some of their urgency.

I'm inclined to agree. Biden was more or less equivalently gaffe prone two decades ago as a senator, and I don't see any convincing evidence it's gotten much worse. Many people in the new wave of the Democrat Party appear to be looking hard for this stuff, possibly merely a result of the competition in the Primary campaign.

My impression is that Biden has long been a fairly amiable and garrulous person, but one who lacks intellectual depth, or, as we used to say in the Navy, "He wouldn't float head down." .

My chief concern about Biden is the apparent, indeed almost flagrant, misuse of his position by his son to enrich himself, apparently through his father's international connections.
0 Replies

oralloy

Wed 14 Aug, 2019 08:15 am
@snood,
snood wrote:
And they stick with him. It says volumes about them.

Mr. Trump protects us from leftists who try to violate our civil liberties for fun.
RABEL222

Wed 14 Aug, 2019 12:23 pm
@oralloy,
Trump used the presidency to make him and his family richer because stupid nonthinking people knowingly elected a crook to the presidency.
0 Replies

revelette1

Wed 14 Aug, 2019 12:47 pm
@snood,
Hi, snood.

Did ya'll watch our wonder President's wife grab up an orphan baby in Texas to take a photo-op? Just when you think he can't possibly get any more vulgar or tasteless, he tops himself. Surely there was some people there he could have consoled with a sympathetic word or two or maybe a hug? Some encouraging words about passing a background check which so far, he shows signs of maybe being on board. I don't know about this "red flag" though. A lot of potential for abuse.

On Biden, so far, most of the older democrats seem to favor him as the one to beat Trump. If the turned off republicans and independents think so too, Biden will get the primary.

I don't think going too far negative on Trump will get us another democrat as President. Getting behind big ideas will do it. That is if our voting machines are not hacked into. Who knows what will happen then.
RABEL222

Wed 14 Aug, 2019 02:35 pm
@revelette1,
I wish the deems would thin themselves out. They need to get it yo one candidate and back him 200% as early as possible. I would vote for Bush before Trump. Ill vote for any democratic candidate who the party runs. For sure 4 more years of Trump will convert our government to a practical dictatorship.
Finn dAbuzz

Thu 15 Aug, 2019 12:02 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

I wish the deems would thin themselves out. They need to get it yo one candidate and back him 200% as early as possible. I would vote for Bush before Trump. Ill vote for any democratic candidate who the party runs. For sure 4 more years of Trump will convert our government to a practical dictatorship.

"For sure?"

This is the sort of wild-eyed moronic comment that pollutes our public discourse and it is no different than declaring that Obama was going to turn America over to Islamists.

What "dictatorial" steps has he taken so far? Cracking down on illegal immigrants? Engaging in as many Executive Orders as Obama? Verbally attacking the news media? All that has resulted in is even more fervent criticism of him.

What Courts has he shut down? What media outlets as he declared illegal? When did he send troops to quash protests? Yours is a simpleton's view of dictatorship that is based entirely on your highly emotional and incoherent ideological preferences.

I shudder to think that you have a vote
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Thu 15 Aug, 2019 12:04 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

Never ceases to amaze me.

They defend a so-called man who claims to be a genius but hides his academic record; claims to be a finance mogul but hides his financial record; has used his bully pulpit to slander, sneer and tell thousands of lies.

He’s manifestly amoral, racist and fraudulent. And they stick with him. It says volumes about them.

Thus speaks the Moral Overlord of America Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Thu 15 Aug, 2019 12:06 pm
@RABEL222,
Unlike you, I rarely "lose" You tend to immediately "lose" the second you hit the reply button
Finn dAbuzz

Thu 15 Aug, 2019 12:07 pm
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:

Quote:
You really don't get it?

Yes, I get it. I'm just having fun tonight. Sometimes something gets into me, and I . . . become the monkey.

Hush my darling
Don't fear, my darling;
The lion sleeps tonight.

My apologies

It's not always readily apparent when someone is jesting.
0 Replies