The Case For Biden

snood

Sun 5 May, 2019 01:50 pm
@Lash,
Why did you suggest this in your response to Brand X that the reason Biden didn’t want out of Venezuela was because there is oil there?
Lash

Sun 5 May, 2019 02:09 pm
@snood,
I didn’t pin that on Biden, but general American policy.

I think you look too hard for reasons to argue with me.
snood

Sun 5 May, 2019 02:22 pm
@Lash,
This is Brand X’s post:

Brand X wrote:

Curiously, Biden is currently saying we need to get out of Yemen but not Venezuela. To me that's another example of his poor judgement, we need to get out of both places.

And this is your response, immediately following that:

Lash wrote:

But Venezuela has oil—and if we stay in Venezuela long enough, they’ll start using the petrodollar again! Presto!

I’m not “looking for” anything- I’m responding to what’s there. You’re not that important.
Lash

Sun 5 May, 2019 02:35 pm
@snood,
****, I was obviously important enough for you to yammer psychotically about *half* of a question all day Saturday!!

Brand X and I are two different people. You just had a really bad day. I think the overlying reason the US gives a **** about Venezuela is the petrodollar, but I don’t have any knowledge of any government entities being in the ground currently in Venezuela.

You’ve overextended yourself. Rest.
snood

Sun 5 May, 2019 02:40 pm
@Lash,
I get plenty of rest, great granny. You’re doing the overextending here - stretching the truth.
0 Replies

Lash

Sun 5 May, 2019 02:54 pm
Thanks. I’m so proud that my son is a dad and he’s made me a granny. I adore my grandson and hope to have many more.

I hope you were able to sustain a relationship long enough to have children who love you, found loving relationships, and have made you a grandfather, valued enough to have the little mites in your life, routinely.

Nothing’s better, as I hope you can attest.
glitterbag

Mon 6 May, 2019 04:31 pm
@Lash,
Holy Moly, you want to call people drunks, lushes, stupid, dumb as dirt, older than dirt and then want to claim 'granny' is an insult. News flash, everybody loves their grandchildren and much like you I hope you were able to sustain a relationship long enough to have children who love you, found loving relationships and make you a grandmother. We should all wish others well. And we should teach our children and grandchildren how to be responsible, civilized adults. So here's a reminder to lead by example.
RABEL222

Mon 6 May, 2019 04:45 pm
@glitterbag,
Lash was just trying the shame him not realizing how transparent it would be.
RABEL222

Mon 6 May, 2019 04:49 pm
I couldent remember McConnells name so I said the senate turtle and everyone in the room came up with his name instantly.
0 Replies

Lash

Mon 6 May, 2019 05:04 pm
@glitterbag,
I’m sure he didn’t mean it as an insult. Nor did I.

You’re working overtime, tying to find offense.
0 Replies

snood

Mon 6 May, 2019 06:12 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

Lash was just trying the shame him not realizing how transparent it would be.

Or maybe realizing it but not having anything better to say. No matter. I gave it the appropriate amount of regard - zero.
0 Replies

Lash

Wed 8 May, 2019 11:31 pm
Move over Biden, Hildebeast is coming to town!

CHAPPAQUA, NY – Citing a lukewarm response to all twenty-two democratic presidential candidates, a majority of democrats are calling for Hillary Clinton to enter the race, according to Hillary Clinton.

“Hillary Clinton won the popular vote in the 2016 election, but was cheated out of the presidency by James Comey, Jill Stein and Russian hackers” said Hillary Clinton, adding “after 4 years of Trump, Americans are ready for bold new leadership, a leader who can move this country in the right direction, and that leader is Hillary Clinton”.

If elected, Clinton would be the first female President of the United States, a historic distinction not lost on voters. According to a recent poll of 400 college-educated, caucasian females aged 45 – 65, Clinton is leading with 85% support, with Elizabeth Warren (6%), Kamala Harris (5%), Kirsten Gillibrand (3%), and Joe Biden (1%) trailing significantly.

“If democrats are serious about beating Trump, now is not the time to discuss policy or other elitist ideas,” said Nate Silver, statistician and editor of fivethirtyeight.com. “This is why it makes so much sense for Hillary to be the nominee. She has the experience, the name recognition, and statistically speaking has a 100% change of defeating Trump in 2020. Voters don’t want another old white guy”.

Other democrats have voiced their enthusiasm for Hillary Clinton, including Bill Clinton, former president and Arkansas governor, telling BeetPress “Just on experience alone – senator, secretary of state, first lady – Hillary Clinton is an unbeatable candidate. She’s got an army of supporters built in, a solid fundraising apparatus, and no one has ever been more qualified for the presidency. Plus she’s running against Donald Trump and given all this Mueller Report nonsense, there’s no way people would vote for him”.

Behind the scenes, Clinton has been reaching out to party insiders, high value fundraisers in the banking and healthcare sectors, and media executives in an effort to drum up support for her potential run. She’s also been gauging support on Twitter by searching the #StillWithHer hashtag and posting regularly to Facebook, hinting that she may be announcing her candidacy within the next week.

When asked about a potential vice-president pick, Clinton seemed willing to offer an olive branch to progressive voters who tend to favor candidates such as Bernie Sanders, saying “I’m thinking Hickenlooper”.

As of press time BeetPress has confirmed Hillary Clinton had finished writing her acceptance speech and is now in her home library laying out curtain swatches in anticipation of her move back into the White House.

Thu 9 May, 2019 09:29 am
@Lash,
That may well be Hillary's current fantasy, but I doubt very much it will occur. I believe that, despite her evident refusal to accept the outcome of the last election, she would be fatally flawed candidate, both in fact and in the perceptions of most voters . The same perceptions that moved you to become an enthusiastic Sanders supporter also affected other Democrat voters, and I believe that phenomenon has grown significantly since the election. (In that vein, Hillary's refusal to accept her defeat, and unwillingness to leave the political stage has probably added to her problem.)

If , in the unlikely circumstance a Clinton campaign does emerge, we would see a curious reversal of events from the last campaign, with a likely Republican led ongoing judicial review of the FBI's role (and possibly that of the Obama Administration) in both the Clinton e-mail and Trump Russian collusion investigations.

Finally, I don't think the already disordered and crowded field of Democrat contenders could take yet another candidate, and perhaps more importantly, following the recent reemergence of a now reformed Biden, such an event, and the conflict that would ensue, could well be seen as very destructive to the Democrat's chances in 2020.
engineer

Thu 9 May, 2019 10:45 am
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

That may well be Hillary's current fantasy

That "article" is from a satire website.
0 Replies

Lash

Thu 9 May, 2019 11:21 am
Sorry, I thought around the second paragraph, people would get a chuckle.
0 Replies

Brand X

Thu 9 May, 2019 12:19 pm
EXCLUSIVE: Joe Biden raked in over $700,000 at a Hollywood fundraiser — one of the biggest hauls so far.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/09/joe-biden-brings-in-700000-at-hollywood-fundraiser.html?__source=facebook%7Cmain&fbclid=IwAR2zuqYxH2qKNKlZShVoea4J8x8SB52V9NN4nwchEIrEFKViEy0sCrA8vhc
revelette1

Thu 9 May, 2019 01:07 pm
@Brand X,
Is that supposed to mean something I am missing?
0 Replies

revelette1

Thu 9 May, 2019 01:09 pm
In any case, I wish Biden would bow out. I just think he is past his time to run for President. I'll vote for him if he ends being president, but would wish a younger man or a female would win the democrat primaries.
Brand X

Thu 9 May, 2019 01:32 pm
@revelette1,
No, it's just information pertaining to Biden.
0 Replies

snood

Tue 14 May, 2019 04:36 am
It pains me to say it, but the more I see of Biden’s past stances and words the less I see him as viable. I admit to looking away out of personal bias. I think his bond with Obama swayed me some. But the accumulated body of troublesome factoids (Iraq war, Anita Hill, desegregation, immigration, plagiarism) is impossible to ignore.