The Case For Biden

ossobuco

Fri 14 Aug, 2015 09:11 pm
@roger,
I agree (I think)..
much as I like Sanders, seemingly a second me, I think we need him as saint, and Biden as dealing with a maelstrom.

Chances are that my opinion will vary.
RABEL222

Fri 14 Aug, 2015 09:44 pm
@ossobuco,
I could go for Biden if he is one of the candidates.
0 Replies

snood

Sat 15 Aug, 2015 05:43 am
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

I agree (I think)..
much as I like Sanders, seemingly a second me, I think we need him as saint, and Biden as dealing with a maelstrom.

Chances are that my opinion will vary.

I like that characterization - Bernie as saint, and Biden as experienced in presidential ****-shoveling. Maybe Bernie would be a good VP.
RABEL222

Sat 15 Aug, 2015 02:42 pm
@snood,
No, they would start playing the communism card. And if you think the kids today dont know about it ask them if communists are bad or good.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Sat 15 Aug, 2015 06:34 pm
Quote:
US Vice-President Joe Biden has said the killing of four marines and a sailor in Chattanooga in July was the work of a "perverted jihadist", despite no official determination of motive.
Speaking at a memorial service in the Tennessee town, Mr Biden also called the suspect a "perverse ideologue".
US authorities say Mohammad Youssuf Abdulazeez acted alone when he attacked two military facilities in Chattanooga.
But the FBI has said it has not yet been able to establish a motive.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=perverse%20definition

Higher ups should wait for the people who do the work to let them know what is going on before mouthing off about their pet theories of what is going on and dressing it up as truth.

Biden for President??!! Seriously? I dont ever want this guy in the same room as the button. Not to mention he should also be disqualified for health reasons. If we need someone to save the day then go get Gore.

EDIT: And I dont want to have to suffer the humiliation of watching my president crying on stage. I dont know what crimes this asshole did to women in his youth that has him constantly yammering on about alleged female sex victims and also crying from them on stage. What ever it was traumatized him.
0 Replies

snood

Sun 16 Aug, 2015 05:30 am
http://api.theweek.com/sites/default/files/styles/large/public/205_167188_1.jpg?itok=ai-BR5CP
0 Replies

snood

Sun 16 Aug, 2015 12:05 pm
I'm thinking that Donald Trump's presence in the race, with his constant supply of over the top, inappropriate verbiage giving the press something over which to clutch their pearls, it might make Joe Biden's penchant for gaffes and faux pas a little more acceptable, or at least less news worthy. What do you think?
Frank Apisa

Sun 16 Aug, 2015 12:08 pm
@snood,
I think people who write opinions for a living...

...suppose they have died and gone to Heaven!

This stuff if better than Dan Quayle.
snood

Sun 16 Aug, 2015 12:37 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

I think people who write opinions for a living...

...suppose they have died and gone to Heaven!

This stuff if better than Dan Quayle.

I hear you. Do you think Trump has set the 'outrage' bar so high that Biden could get away with a gaffe or two just by benefit of comparison?
Frank Apisa

Sun 16 Aug, 2015 02:24 pm
@snood,
Certainly sounds like one possible result of this fiasco election season so far.

I like Joe Biden. I've always thought he doesn't take himself quite as seriously as some of the others do. I see his "gaffes" more as "c'mon, man" than actual gaffes.

The way things are going...I'm kinda hoping he throws his hat into the ring. He's certainly be a top tier candidate.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Sun 16 Aug, 2015 03:37 pm
@snood,
It's possible. However, I believe the establishment forces in the Democrat Party at the current moment (with a Democrat President still in office) are a bit more in control of events than are their counterparts among Republicans. That means as long as they are convinced that Hillary is their best bet, other potential candidates will get little support from them. However if Hillary starts to unravel, that could change quickly. (I expect that Elizabeth Warren, as she considers Bernie's new success, may be wondering why she stayed out .)

Despite his frequent gaffes and excesses, Biden is a likeable person, and could present a credible campaign. He may well be the Democrat's best alternative to Hillary.

snood

Fri 21 Aug, 2015 10:00 pm
Joe Biden Gets Serious About Campaign as HiIlary Clinton Struggles

Mr. Biden has been in contact with donors who could help finance a campaign, eyeing major contributors to President Obama and pillars of his own fund-raising network: trial lawyers, Jewish leaders and Greek-Americans. On Thursday, the vice president, who is not known for aggressively courting donors, spoke to George Tsunis, a Long Island developer and longtime supporter, who raised more than $750,000 for the Obama-Biden ticket in 2012.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/22/us/politics/joe-biden-campaign.html?_r=0
glitterbag

Fri 21 Aug, 2015 11:17 pm
@snood,
Sorry Snood, I wrote this before I realized it was following your remark. My remarks are for the others who sit comfortably knowing someone else is fighting and dying so they can complain about how tough it is here for them.

I think Biden just enjoys life and the people he is around. His so-called gaffes are just excited utterances like most of us on the East Coast have heard in our own family clans. He would be a fine President. So would Hillary, there is no there, there on the innuendo about Secretary of State's email. Doesn't anyone remember NSA's role in protecting communications?

Does anybody remember when it was discovered that a former head of CIA took classified files home and loaded them on his personal unprotected computer? Hell, I do, if I had taking classified documents or computer files home, I'd be in Federal Prison. And yet some folks think that Ed Snowden and Bradley what's his face were patriotic whistle-blowers. The former CIA chief didn't even get his wrist slapped.

And Bernie Sanders is not a Communist. I have been on assignment in Communist countries and many of you have no idea what's it like. Americans are so comfortable in this country they assume contributing to the nation as a burden and oppressive, we are so freaking spoiled. As far as young people not understanding what a real communist believes, please, for Christ's sake, too many of them think Germany was an Allie during WWII, and some of them think Europe is a single country, and how many of them ever heard of the cold war or the Iron Curtin.

We have been at war since 2001 and no one is inconvenienced. We don't have to ration, we don't have to contribute, we just figure some brave souls will enlist to take the punishment for us, but we don't encourage our kids to enlist. Because they are owed a future secured by the sacrifices of our volunteer military.

OK, enough of me.

snood

Sat 22 Aug, 2015 05:07 am
@glitterbag,
Here here, glitterbag.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Sat 22 Aug, 2015 05:11 am
@glitterbag,
I second Snood's applauding of your thoughtful post, Glitterbag!
glitterbag

Sat 22 Aug, 2015 12:12 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I almost flinched after I posted. I figured I made myself a target, much thanks to Frank and Snood.
glitterbag

Sat 22 Aug, 2015 01:37 pm
@glitterbag,
The news channels are abuzz over the fact that Vice-President Biden requested a meeting with Elizabeth Warren today. That's all I know.
hawkeye10

Sat 22 Aug, 2015 01:45 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

The news channels are abuzz over the fact that Vice-President Biden requested a meeting with Elizabeth Warren today. That's all I know.

Almost certainly to find out why she said no. This is about Biden doing a full think before he decides yes or no, and more eyes are better than fewer.
0 Replies

revelette2

Sat 22 Aug, 2015 02:20 pm
@glitterbag,
great post
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Sat 22 Aug, 2015 03:19 pm
@georgeob1,
With each passing day Clinton's campaign unravels further. I think Biden gets in to save his party and honor his son. I far prefer a President Biden to a President Clinton II