The Case For Biden

Lash

Sat 20 Apr, 2019 10:16 am
@revelette1,
Jesus Christ, who agrees with Megan McCain!!!
oralloy

Sat 20 Apr, 2019 10:17 am
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:
I disagreed with Obama not using more force and going directly hard against Assad after Syria used chemical weapons. They continue to suffer even now.

Obama calculated (correctly I think) that unless the US went all in with a massive ground invasion and long occupation like we did in Iraq, all we would achieve with our involvement would be to make the suffering even worse.
revelette1

Sat 20 Apr, 2019 10:23 am
@Lash,
I do, so what?
Lash

Sat 20 Apr, 2019 10:23 am
@revelette1,
Tulsi was accurate in her appraisal of what constitutes ‘an enemy of the US’, and people who aren’t on a perpetual war footing realize that.

She’s former service personnel who is anti-war.

She also realizes we don’t always get the straight story about what we are doing in our many shady wars, therefore she chooses her words carefully.

Megan McCain is a stupid cow.
revelette1

Sat 20 Apr, 2019 10:24 am
@oralloy,
Well, I think the situation deserved it, more so than Iraq ever did or even Afghanistan.
0 Replies

revelette1

Sat 20 Apr, 2019 10:25 am
@Lash,
Quote:
Tulsi was accurate in her appraisal of what constitutes ‘an enemy of the US’, and people who aren’t on a perpetual war footing realize that.

She’s former service personnel who is anti-war.

She also realizes we don’t always get the straight story about what we are doing in our many shady wars, therefore she chooses her words carefully.

Megan McCain is a stupid cow.

That is your opinion. I disagree. Why a cow? Do you think she is fat? I notice you use those terms when despairing women you don't like. Kind of sexist.
Lash

Sat 20 Apr, 2019 10:30 am
@revelette1,
cow
British slang for an annoying, stupid and/or bitchy woman. Sounds funniest when spoken in a Glasgwegian accent.
Och, gonnae just shut it, ya cow!
——————————
She’s a ******* cow.

I’ll work on the Glaswegian. For now, imagine it with southern US.

I haven’t despaired any women.
RABEL222

Sat 20 Apr, 2019 10:37 am
@revelette1,
I thought that I had read that both sides had used chemical weapons. And when I just looked it up i found that indeed both sides have used them. The us media is almost as bad about choosing a side and reporting news to support one side against the other. Like the Trump good, Clinton bad crap on fox TV.
oralloy

Sat 20 Apr, 2019 10:39 am
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:
I thought that I had read that both sides had used chemical weapons. And when I just looked it up i found that indeed both sides have used them.

The civilians who are trying to protect themselves from Assad's genocide don't have any chemical weapons.
0 Replies

snood

Sat 20 Apr, 2019 10:47 am
@revelette1,
I don’t care about whatever problem you have with Gabbard. I was not responding to anything you said. I don’t know why you responded as if I did. In general, women candidates are given the likability litmus test, but not the men.
Hillary was not deemed likable.
Warren is being labeled unlikable.
Klobuchar is getting heat for not being nice enough.
Gabbard is being called too stiff and unrelatable.
I’m sure the first time they are able to get under her skin, Kamala Harris will be labeled as angry.

All somehow just not likable in ways that men candidates just don’t seem to have to measure up to.

revelette1

Sat 20 Apr, 2019 11:24 am
@snood,
I didn't mean to imply anything other than just responding I have issue other than a likeability problem with her. Geez. I guess I shouldn't have replied directly to you but just posted it in general. Sorry.
0 Replies

revelette1

Sat 20 Apr, 2019 11:30 am
@Lash,
Well since we don't live in the UK or (whatever, not sure) but here in the US, usually if a person calls a woman a cow or sow they mean fat in a mean way. If I look at it as a southern thing, pretty sure most in the south would think you meant fat. But never mind.
Lash

Sat 20 Apr, 2019 11:30 am
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

I thought that I had read that both sides had used chemical weapons. And when I just looked it up i found that indeed both sides have used them. The us media is almost as bad about choosing a side and reporting news to support one side against the other. Like the Trump good, Clinton bad crap on fox TV.

This is the main problem. I have no confidence that we get the truth about these foreign wars. I don’t know that my own country isn’t creating atrocities to whip up support for the wars our government wants.

We don’t really know what our money is paying for.
0 Replies

engineer

Sat 20 Apr, 2019 11:52 am
@revelette1,
I live in the South and calling someone a cow definitely means both fat and stupid.
snood

Sat 20 Apr, 2019 12:09 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

I live in the South and calling someone a cow definitely means both fat and stupid.

[nods]
0 Replies

Lash

Sat 20 Apr, 2019 12:21 pm
Slender women have been called cows; however, I do think it’s possible that her fatness may have brought the term to mind quicker than the others I might have used.

Yep.

AND, she’s UNLIKEABLE!!
0 Replies

snood

Sat 20 Apr, 2019 01:07 pm
It’s interesting how conveniently some people can slip themselves in and out of the bonds of political correctness, while allowing for no such adaptability in others. Takes a special kind of amoral emptiness.
McGentrix

Sat 20 Apr, 2019 01:23 pm
Crap. Gotta throw my hat in the ring in referring to a woman as a cow is insulting and insinuating she is fat and possibly stupid.
snood

Sat 20 Apr, 2019 01:43 pm
@McGentrix,
Why ‘crap’, McG? Because you’re agreeing with some libruls? 😆
0 Replies

maporsche

Sat 20 Apr, 2019 02:11 pm
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

I do, so what?

Meghan McCain wrote:
I love God, America and the 2nd Amendment. I just also happen to love and support the LGBT community.

https://twitter.com/MeghanMcCain/status/414191710160183297