The Case For Biden

Real Music

Sun 7 Apr, 2019 11:13 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
She was rammed down the country’s throat in the primary. The DNC cheated the primary and that is the only reason we’re stuck with Trump now.

The term "cheating" is define as violating the rules of a contest.

I may be wrong and please correct me if I am, but I am unaware of anyone violating any rules.

Just because some believe that rules are unfair doesn't mean anyone has cheated.

Just because some believe that the rules are more beneficial to one candidate over another doesn't mean anyone has cheated.

For example I personally wish the rules required that every state had "closed" primaries, because in my opinion it is only fair to allow people who are registered democrats to participate in selecting its nominee.

Another example is I wish the rules required every state to abolish caucuses and to all become primary states.

Disliking certain rules is completely different from cheating or violating rules.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Mon 8 Apr, 2019 01:47 am
@maxdancona,
So where do you situate the Democrats, politically speaking? On the right?
0 Replies

Olivier5

Mon 8 Apr, 2019 06:22 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
Radical feminism with it's self-righteous anger and a sense of entitlement among white women is part of the problem... but it isn't the entire problem

Still, it appears to me the main problem for you. I'm not criticizing, just saying that your differences with the Dems appear quite limited. By and large you agree with them. So you should vote for them, unless of course you have an even stronger agreement with the Republicans.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Mon 8 Apr, 2019 01:50 pm
@Lash,
To keep assholes like Trump from being elected to high office so the middle class can get a break?
Lash

Mon 8 Apr, 2019 04:12 pm
@RABEL222,
There is no middle class in America.

Vote Bernie. He vows to lift one up from poverty, and help them afford medication and healthcare
oralloy

Mon 8 Apr, 2019 04:18 pm
@Lash,
He'll need to stop trying to violate the Second Amendment in order to get my vote.
Lash

Mon 8 Apr, 2019 04:41 pm
@oralloy,
I think he’s not too shabby on the second.
oralloy

Mon 8 Apr, 2019 04:54 pm
@Lash,
Sanders is on record wanting to violate the Second Amendment for no reason other than the joy that he gets from violating people's rights.
Lash

Mon 8 Apr, 2019 04:59 pm
@oralloy,
Doofus.
oralloy

Mon 8 Apr, 2019 05:06 pm
@Lash,
What's wrong with facts?
0 Replies

Ragman

Tue 9 Apr, 2019 02:13 pm
@Lash,
There’s no no middle class or is it one of the largest middle class economies in the world?Admittedly, however, it is shrinking alarmingly fast. Bernie is a better candidate thnan others to help the lower and middle classes. Too bad for them that he has proven himself not to be electible.
Lash

Tue 9 Apr, 2019 02:40 pm
@Ragman,
He’ll be elected.
Ragman

Tue 9 Apr, 2019 03:51 pm
@Lash,
Care to place a bet? Of coarse, I’d be betting against my best interests if I did.
Lash

Tue 9 Apr, 2019 04:02 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman, what don’t you like about Bernie’s policies?

What would you like to bet?
0 Replies

RABEL222

Tue 9 Apr, 2019 05:50 pm
@Lash,
More Bernie BS. He lies almost as much as Trump. Even with a democratic congress he wont be able to deliver on 30% of his promises. I almost hope he runs and wins soall you Bernieites have to back all your BS like the Trumpies.
engineer

Thu 11 Apr, 2019 01:52 pm
Interesting read on Biden: The Two Biden Problem.
Quote:
Is Joe Biden a bold progressive, equally at home with foreign leaders as with construction workers, who led the fight against domestic violence, kept Robert Bork off the Supreme Court, and pushed for gay marriage before his boss did when he ably served as Barack Obama’s wingman, America’s beloved “Uncle Joe”? Or is he “Creepy Joe,” an out-of-touch centrist dinosaur, waxing nostalgic about bipartisanship with segregationists, who carried water for the credit card companies and helped humiliate Anita Hill?

Assuming Biden enters the presidential race, he will immediately be confronted with these dueling, disparate narratives, because they’re both basically true.

Also, Fivethirtyeight.com says Biden's recent troubles haven't impacted his standings much.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Thu 11 Apr, 2019 02:29 pm
It is interesting that ten days after his hints that his declaration of candidacy was imminent, Biden has taken no such action. I suspect that, as a minimum, this means that he intends to wait and see what unfolds in the menagerie of declared Democrat Candidates, none of whom looks like a likely winner.

Meanwhile the declared candidates are scrambling to outdo each other in expressing support for the unfolding agendas of far left new figures in the Congress and that of other esteemed Democrats like Al Sharpton.
0 Replies

snood

Thu 11 Apr, 2019 06:00 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

More Bernie BS. He lies almost as much as Trump. Even with a democratic congress he wont be able to deliver on 30% of his promises. I almost hope he runs and wins soall you Bernieites have to back all your BS like the Trumpies.

They willback all the BS just like the Trumpites
- by denial and blindly following their hero, no matter what. If Bernie wins, it won’t matter to the Bernie bots what is actually accomplished or not. Because hey, it’s Bernie! Woohoo!
Lash

Thu 11 Apr, 2019 06:12 pm
@snood,
Wrong again. As usual. You really should work on your critical thinking.
Real Music

Thu 11 Apr, 2019 07:00 pm
Biden, Sanders, Buttigieg lead 2020 Democrats in Iowa poll.

Published April 11, 2019
Quote:
Former Vice President Joe Biden, who is reportedly in the final stages of announcing a White House bid, leads all Democratic presidential candidates in support among likely caucus-goers in Iowa, according to a new poll. Biden is trailed by Sen. Bernie Sanders and South Bend, Indiana Mayor Pete Buttigieg.

In the survey, conducted by Monmouth University, Biden leads a field of 24 announced and potential Democratic presidential candidates with 27 percent support among Iowa voters likely to attend the state's Democratic caucuses, which will take place in February 2020. The former Vice President and longtime Delaware senator leads Sanders, who is backed by 16 percent of the potential caucus-goers; Buttigieg, supported by 9 percent of likely voters; Sens. Kamala Harris and Elizabeth Warren, who both enjoy 7 percent support from surveyed voters; and former Texas Rep. Beto O'Rourke, backed by 6 percent of likely voters.

The rest of the presidential candidates and potential contenders — including Sens. Amy Klobuchar, Cory Booker and Kirsten Gillibrand — all polled below 5 percent in support among likely Iowa voters. The surveyed voters picked Biden, Harris and Warren as their top three second choices.

The poll also asked likely voters about the top issues they want candidates to discuss on the campaign trail. According to the survey, more than half of them said health care should be the foremost priority, while 17 percent indicated environmental issues are important to them. The next four issues were immigration, education, job creation and thwarting President Trump's reelection bid.

The Monmouth University poll, conducted between April 4 and 9 via telephone, surveyed 351 Iowa voters likely to attend February's Democratic caucuses. The survey's findings have a margin of error of 5.2 percentage points.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/biden-sanders-buttigieg-lead-2020-democrats-in-iowa-poll/ar-BBVQDSR?ocid=UE13DHP