and as you can see, his EO numbers haven't been that high

so it's all good and we're all happy
McGentrix

Wed 23 Sep, 2015 06:43 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

and as you can see, his EO numbers haven't been that high

so it's all good and we're all happy

Nah. We can disagree on that but the list had more then just one thing on it.
snood

Wed 23 Sep, 2015 09:12 pm
This whole situation is really kind of bizarre. Biden hasn't announced, and I'm leaning more right now toward believing he isn't going to. But this poll has him edging Bernie and only 8 points behind Hillary in a very close 3-person contest.
With all the strangeness happening in the Dem side, and the bonkers bozo bonzo creepshow happening on the GOP side, I don't believe I've ever seen anything quite like this.
ossobuco

Wed 23 Sep, 2015 09:26 pm
@snood,
My view and worry is that we may somehow end up with with an imbecile as president.
ehBeth

Wed 23 Sep, 2015 09:29 pm
@McGentrix,
oh I can take on more things on that list - as long as they're fact-based
0 Replies

McGentrix

Wed 23 Sep, 2015 09:54 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

My view and worry is that we may somehow end up with with an imbecile as president.

Yeah, I worry about a Biden Presidency as well.
ossobuco

Wed 23 Sep, 2015 10:45 pm
@McGentrix,
I don't think he is an imbecile, myself, but get that you do. I've memories of what I take as wrong choices by him. On the other hand, I remember smart takes by him.
engineer

Thu 24 Sep, 2015 07:16 am
@ossobuco,
I was listening to a radio show recently and both the liberal and conservative commentators thought that Biden was the rare case of someone who was improved by being the VP. They agreed that he seems more thoughtful, more decisive, and better informed on the issues than he was in the Senate. That said, at this point, I don't think he is going to run. It's just taking too long for him to get there, almost like he is trying to talk himself into it and his heart isn't there.
revelette2

Thu 24 Sep, 2015 08:21 am
@engineer,
I agree. He could be still waiting to see if Hillary is going to survive and get a handle on this email stuff which she hasn't done yet. But I agree that it doesn't seem like he is too enthused with the idea.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Thu 24 Sep, 2015 08:35 am
I don't think he is waiting for anything.

I think he has decided not to run.

I only hope he is not railroaded into a campaign by people with an agenda to derail Hillary Clinton.
snood

Thu 24 Sep, 2015 08:42 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

I don't think he is waiting for anything.

I think he has decided not to run.

I only hope he is not railroaded into a campaign by people with an agenda to derail Hillary Clinton.

Yeah, but the question is do you believe he has decided not to run?
Very Happy
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Thu 24 Sep, 2015 05:22 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Me too. Biden might be able to win.
Miller

Thu 24 Sep, 2015 07:22 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Me too. Biden might be able to win.

Biden can't win, if Deval Patrick is his running mate. Ask any resident of Massachusetts, who suffered through the Winter of 2014/2015 Twisted Evil
0 Replies

snood

Tue 6 Oct, 2015 08:41 am
After reading this and a couple other op-eds, I'm as of right.............now of the belief that Biden is not getting in.
But this is a sort of funny opinion piece anyway.

Joe Biden’s never-ending delay
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/joe-bidens-never-ending-delay/2015/10/05/14390322-6b90-11e5-9bfe-e59f5e244f92_story.html

Finally, it can be reported: Joe Biden is running for president, unless he isn’t. He will announce his decision this weekend, unless he doesn’t.

Furthermore, Biden is approaching important deadlines for declaring his candidacy, unless those deadlines don’t matter. His advisers really want him to run, except those who don’t, and he has been sounding out potential staffers, or perhaps not. He finds the opportunity irresistible, except when he lacks the passion for it.
Ragman

Tue 6 Oct, 2015 03:00 pm
@snood,
I'm eager to see Biden run. It might not be in his best interest, however.
hawkeye10

Tue 6 Oct, 2015 03:08 pm
@Ragman,
He might be losing his touch

Quote:
That revelation comes courtesy of an interesting peek inside Joe Biden’s 2016 maneuverings from Politico’s Edward-Isaac Dovere, who reports that the original source of Maureen Dowd’s August column in the New York Times that created the current Biden bubble was actually none other than the veep himself:

Quote:
According to multiple sources, it was Biden himself who talked to her, painting a tragic portrait of a dying son, Beau’s face partially paralyzed, sitting his father down and trying to make him promise to run for president because “the White House should not revert to the Clintons and that the country would be better off with Biden values.”
It was no coincidence that the preliminary pieces around a prospective campaign started moving right after that column. People read Dowd and started reaching out, those around the vice president would say by way of defensive explanation. He was just answering the phone and listening. But in truth, Biden had effectively placed an ad in The New York Times, asking them to call

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2015/10/06/joe_biden_leaked_beau_s_dying_wish_according_to_politico.html

There should be at least one degree of separation between the candidate and the manipulation attempt, someone known to be in his inner circle should have made the call. Certainly a concerning sign.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Tue 6 Oct, 2015 07:17 pm
@snood,
I agree it's a close matter for him and for his potential backers. I don't claim to know the inside stuff, but the "temperature" on this matter appears to be closely related to expectations for Hillary's campaign and candidacy. When she appears to be faltering Biden looks like he's in; when she's counterattacking, he looks like he won't run. Lots of people involved and with a stake in this game and they affect our perceptions as well.
0 Replies

snood

Sat 17 Oct, 2015 05:17 pm
At this point, I would have to seriously call Biden's motives into question if he decided to get in. Before the first debate and in the weeks and months before that, I've been sympathetic to the whole dance he's been doing - I was okay with the notion that this man had a lot of personal stuff on his plate to consider. Also it made sense to me that he was waiting to see if Hillary was going to be a viable keeper of the Obama flame or whatever.

If he gets in now, it will be all downside for the Democrats. He'll just dilute the field, not strengthen it. The only way Biden doesn't see that is if he's blinded by that ambition of his. I hope he sees that the Democrats will be better at this point without him running
hawkeye10

Sat 17 Oct, 2015 06:13 pm
@snood,
Quote:
If he gets in now, it will be all downside for the Democrats. He'll just dilute the field, not strengthen it. The only way Biden doesn't see that is if he's blinded by that ambition of his. I hope he sees that the Democrats will be better at this point without him running

You should have enough sense to wait a few days to see what the little people thought of the Hillary performance before making such pronouncements. After all the indications that the elite have lost the people that have been mentioned over the last few years on A2K you should have picked up at least that much sense.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Sat 17 Oct, 2015 06:15 pm
@snood,
Part of me agrees with you completely and part of me objects. I'm plenty confused.

I still like Sanders best, but fear him not being elected. And somewhat fear the chaos re the government workings if he somehow is. On the other hand, Pope Francis is working change in a calcified situation state.
I like Biden second, think he could be elected, or could have been seriously possible pre the debate, and I would have been happy about that.
I still have displeasure with Hillary Clinton and still will vote for her if she is the candidate.

I'm not so sure Biden would be a spoiler. He might be an answer instead of a spoiler. Would Independents out in the cold vote for him more than would for Hillary? I have no idea, but maybe.

Part of this drama between myself and myself is that if Hillary Clinton annoys me in 72 ways now/already, it will only get worse. I don't like not liking the president. I've disagreed with many presidents off and on and highly disliked a few in my voting time, but the only one that I didn't find humanity in was Nixon - who of course turned out not to be an entirely bad egg.

In Hillary Clinton's case, I dislike or don't trust some fair number of her motivational views, but also dislike her personality (not that I'm queen of the May but I'm not running for president). I do wish Biden came in faster or will damned soon. The side of me that agrees with you, Snood, says maybe you're right. Stay tuned.