The Case For Biden

Frank Apisa

Mon 1 Feb, 2021 10:17 am
@revelette3,
Everyone who helped get our Republic to the precarious place in which it now rests...should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

If we do not do that...someone with a functioning brain will come along and do what the half-wit, Trump, attempted to do...become dictator.
revelette3

Mon 1 Feb, 2021 10:25 am
@Frank Apisa,
I know. You know I don't get it, really. If someone like me, housewife with a computer and news understand the risk of that insurrection on the six of January, 2020, I don't see why other just normal average people no matter their political beliefs don't understand the significance of it. Why it is different than everyday political fights.

I mean those who are spreading propaganda to recruit these people to carry out their plans, do they really believe in what they are spreading? Do they really think they are carrying out some kind of weird 1776 American Revolution against their own government?

Frank Apisa

Mon 1 Feb, 2021 10:29 am
@revelette3,
revelette3 wrote:

I know. You know I don't get it, really. If someone like me, housewife with a computer and news understand the risk of that insurrection on the six of January, 2020, I don't see why other just normal average people no matter their political beliefs don't understand the significance of it. Why it is different than everyday political fights.

They just have dug in...and will not acknowledge the huge mistake they made...and are continuing to make.

I've got people in my family who are part of that...people I love, but who have gone ape-**** nuts because of this Trump disease.

He is a disgusting blight on our Republic. He will be remembered by history in lower regard than history remembers Benedict Arnold and John Wilkes Booth.
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 1 Feb, 2021 10:29 am
@revelette3,
A peaceful protest is hardly an insurrection.

Progressives need to learn to accept that it's OK for people to oppose their demented ideology.
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 1 Feb, 2021 10:33 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Biden's done more for the human race in one week than trump did in four years.

Mr. Biden is a failed president who isn't doing anything at all.
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 1 Feb, 2021 10:36 am
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:
You should know that. It's common knowledge.

I doubt that an obscure federal statute is common knowledge.
oralloy

Mon 1 Feb, 2021 10:38 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
My question that you keep avoiding was how many must die before you dint consider it "peaceful"

There is no number. If protesters do not attack anyone, they are peaceful.

farmerman wrote:
stop trying to play word games youre not good at it.

I am not playing word games.

farmerman wrote:
As walter said our CFR sees property damage as violence.

Oh. Is that what he was referring to?

Our CFR is wrong.
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 1 Feb, 2021 10:42 am
@revelette3,
revelette3 wrote:
No, he would have, rightfully in this case, have labelled it a mob full of thugs attacking federal government building and maiming and killing the capitol police for political ends. A terrorist attack.

I know progressives cannot tolerate people who stand up to their bullying, but no. Peaceful protesters are not terrorists.

Terrorists deliberately target civilians with violence. No deliberate targeting of civilians means no terrorism.
Walter Hinteler

Mon 1 Feb, 2021 10:50 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
Terrorists deliberately target civilians with violence. No deliberate targeting of civilians means no terrorism.
"Kill him with his own gun" - but officer Brian D. Sicknick was instead peacefully
killed with a fire extinguisher?

oralloy

Mon 1 Feb, 2021 10:53 am
@Walter Hinteler,
I am unsure what you are asking me.

Or were you just making a statement?
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 1 Feb, 2021 10:54 am
@snood,
snood wrote:
If he could see the blatant double standard and hypocrisy, I could almost believe there was hope for him. But alas...

The only double standards and hypocrisy are because this was a statement of your delusions about my beliefs, and was not a statement of my actual beliefs.
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 1 Feb, 2021 10:55 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
No, of course not.....but a crowd of BLM protestors would not be trying to kill anybody....it would be a multi-racial, multi-generational, multi-religious group protesting the senseless murder of black males..........

Justified self defense is neither senseless nor murder.

If BLM thugs want people to stop defending themselves from them, then they should stop trying to rape and murder people.
Walter Hinteler

Mon 1 Feb, 2021 11:01 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
I doubt that an obscure federal statute is common knowledge.
Crimes And Criminal Procedure of the US Code are obscure federal statutes?
oralloy

Mon 1 Feb, 2021 11:16 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Correct. Most people don't memorize the US code.
MontereyJack

Mon 1 Feb, 2021 03:14 pm
@oralloy,
George Floyd. Ahmad Arberry. Breonna Taylor. Your case is no case at all.
oralloy

Mon 1 Feb, 2021 04:09 pm
@MontereyJack,
Wrong. It is wrong for BLM thugs to go around raping and murdering people.

It is perfectly appropriate for people to defend themselves.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Mon 1 Feb, 2021 04:32 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Correct. Most people don't memorize the US code.

Well people with an IQ of 172 do, I think you may have just dropped to 164.
0 Replies

Builder

Mon 1 Feb, 2021 11:18 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
Heat and drought from "global heating
aka climate change. that's the reality. and the science.

A land of droughts, and flooding rains. And if you had your finger on the "pulse" of the news, instead of your usual knee-jerk reactionary crapola, you'd know that volunteer fire-fighters have recently been convicted for starting many fires during that period.

We're experiencing a very mild Summer this year, accompanied by the usual rains from the monsoon trough. Several cyclones have already formed, and done their dumping of water here and there.

Getting soaking rains right now. Nice and cool, too, after a scorcher of a Spring period.
MontereyJack

Mon 1 Feb, 2021 11:31 pm
@Builder,
You do know the difference between weather and climate, don't you. Iy's getting hotter. Yhas's not stopping. Not every year will be a scorcher, tho this one apparently was. but we'll get more scorchers and hotter ones and less rain. some years you'll escape. but more and more youj won't.
MontereyJack

Mon 1 Feb, 2021 11:35 pm
@oralloy,
stupid. they deliberately targeted congress, who are all civiliians. Chants of "Lynch x" and rampaging seatches to find congresspeople is not peaceful. You have totally absurd definitions of "peaceful
0 Replies